2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 283
Points 4,415

Nana:

I am ready RIGHT NOW....LOL

Me, too. I didn't want the Branson retreat to end.

MN Deb from Mall of America Land 

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490

Ok ladies....flight is booked and I am ready to Party......

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,844
Points 352,937

I've started looking at flights but waiting to make sure the time off is approved.

It will be great to see you again Diana.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250

It will be great to see you too, Kris.  It will be great fun.  I've never been that far west, all the way to the Pacific.  My flight is all booked and hotel is booked for 3 nights before the retreat for staying at to see the quilt show and maybe the Fabric Depot......maybe?????lol  I'd better start using up some of the fabric I have so I have a place to store any new stuff.  

Diana in East Tn. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,291

Well, I have decided I can't miss the quilt show and fabric depot.   It's just under 7 hours from home to Portland.   (it takes at least 15 minutes to get off my hill and out of the dirt).   Then it will be about 2-3 hours from Portland to Beachcomber's Haven.   So, I think I will drive to Portland on Thursday.  Do the store and show Friday and Saturday, and on to Beachcomber's Haven on Sunday.   My daughter will probably be moving to Israel in October, to go to school, but I am not sure when.  If she doesn't leave early in the month, I will have to visit her in Seattle on the way.   So I don't know my exact itinerary or route yet. but I don't want to miss seeing the show and going to Fabric Depot, and seeing both with friends would be so delightful!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490

Patti

That will be wonderful.  I know that Diana has booked a room for us that will sleep 4 at the Comfort Inn near the airport.   This will be so much fun.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,645
Points 61,920

So Gini, what day are we leaving? I'm thinking I'm going to have to tell my DH the bad news, that I will be gone a few more days than he was thinking!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,291

I will probably have enough choice points by then to get a free night or 2 at comfort inn.   I have stayed at the 'choice hotels' so much that I am now a gold member, and they sometimes give me the suites at no extra cost.   I'll be willing to share.  Maybe we need a head count of those who will be in Portland early.

Too much fun.  Maybe this will motivate me save my fabric allowance money that I have left for Fabric Depot.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 283
Points 4,415

Patti:

I will probably have enough choice points by then to get a free night or 2 at comfort inn.   I have stayed at the 'choice hotels' so much that I am now a gold member, and they sometimes give me the suites at no extra cost.   I'll be willing to share.  Maybe we need a head count of those who will be in Portland early.

Too much fun.  Maybe this will motivate me save my fabric allowance money that I have left for Fabric Depot.

Patti, can you tell me the exact name of the hotel?  Money is tight so I do not want to go to the Fabric Depot, it is incredibly wonderful and I would overspend. So I will come a day ahead of the retreat and stay a night at that hotel, too. I will get my own room so you can offer yours to others who want to attend show and shop. As soon as I get the correct hotel I will book my flight and room. I would be willing to share my room if anyone else is just coming one day early, too :-)

To everyone, the Fabric Depot should not be missed.  Awesome warehouse store!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250

I have a room already booked at the Comfort Suites by the airport.  It has 2 queen size beds so room for 4.  Nana and I are rooming together so far.   Anyone else who needs a bed, is welcome to bunk with us if you are coming early.  I have it booked for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights.  We're hoping someone will have a car available to get to the retreat on Sunday morning. 

Diana in East Tn. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250

Here's the address of the hotel            Comfort Suites Portland Airport, 12010 N.E. Airport Way, Portland, Oregon.   phone #(503) 261-9000.

Diana in East Tn.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,291

I won't know for a couple weeks about my arrangements.  Then I will want to perhaps wait til I get a few more points.  I can use the points at any "choice hotel" which includes Comfort Inn, Quality Inn, and many others.   I will get more points in the next couple weeks, and then may have jury duty in Spokane in April.  So I could rack up a few more.  Deb, I would love to share a room with you.  

I don't even know what car I will be driving as we are thinking of getting a newer car this summer.   The old subaru has about 280,000 miles on it.  I would love to help transport folks to Beachcomber's Haven, but the way some of you pack, I may only have room for a couple others.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 283
Points 4,415

Patti:

I won't know for a couple weeks about my arrangements.  Then I will want to perhaps wait til I get a few more points.  I can use the points at any "choice hotel" which includes Comfort Inn, Quality Inn, and many others.   I will get more points in the next couple weeks, and then may have jury duty in Spokane in April.  So I could rack up a few more.  Deb, I would love to share a room with you.  

I don't even know what car I will be driving as we are thinking of getting a newer car this summer.   The old subaru has about 280,000 miles on it.  I would love to help transport folks to Beachcomber's Haven, but the way some of you pack, I may only have room for a couple others.

I am reserving a room with two queen beds for one night, Saturday Oct. 12. So Patti, we can be roomies at the Comfort Inn.  Diana sent me the address so I get the right one :-)

Kris, I am just thinking ahead.  If Nana, Diana, Gini and Jacy share one room, you can bunk with me Saturday if you don't mind sharing a bed. LOL, one big happy family. Diana and I will be bunking at the retreat :-)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490

Patti

That is how Diana did her reservation at Comfort Inn too.   With 2 rooms we may come close to having enough room for everyone.....   I am so looking forward to this.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250

I've even started a list of what to bring so I don't overpack again...  I could have had half the clothes at Branson but I seem to always pack way too much.  And to decide what projects to bring to work on.  Need to start cutting and packaging so I don't forget what to bring.

Diana in East Tn. 

Page 22 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev2021222324Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use