2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,470
Points 116,790

Deb

its really exciting you are going to Oregon. At this point it looks like circumstances aren't going to allow me to go. I can't commit as I don't know what is going to be happening so I told Patti to open my spot to someone else. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 9:31 PM

Judy

I had been hoping that this wouldn't happen but it doesn't surprise me.  I sure hope things settle down for you guys really soon.   Big hugs and lots of love coming your way.  I will really miss seeing you.  Maybe things will work out to where you can come visit for part of the retreat.  I would happily share my bed if you could come for a day or two.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 9:35 PM

Deb

If you would like to fly into Portland early some of us are going to try to see the quilt show and maybe the big fabric store before retreat.   I will be arriving in Portland on Oct 10 which is Thursday.  This will give me a couple of days to see Portland.   Also I think Gini and Jacy may be there on Friday.   If you are interested let me know and we can share a room.  I think Kris will be in at least by Saturday.  We will have to arrange a convoy to get us all to the beach....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 9:38 PM

Also Diana from Tennessee is also thinking about attending this retreat.   Of course that would only be if Deb wants to share a room.   I know that Diana was checking flight cost before I left.  I will PM her and make sure she messages you guys if she is really interested.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,472
Points 362,097
Kris replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 2:18 AM

Deb,

it will be wonderful to see you again.

Judy, I'll miss seeing you. Take care.

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,497
Points 30,470
Diana replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 7:27 AM

OK Gang,  It's been decided.   Is there room for one more in Oregon????????   I'll book my flight when I hear I'll have a place to sleep.  DH says have fun and go.  So here I am.  Do I need to mail a check out for deposit????    It sounds like a great time and I've never seen the Pacific Ocean or been that far west.

Diana in East Tn.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 287
Points 4,435

Dear Judy, dang, I will miss you but understand.  My prayers are still with you and your family. Hugs.

Diana, if my room is the only one available, I will share, but be warned, it only has one queen bed we would be sharing :-)

Nana, I overspent at the Branson retreat as I thought it would be my only trip this year. But the voucher from the Branson trip home allows me to afford plane trip. Need to think about what to do about the Portland leg of the trip. Will definately need a ride to the retreat  :-)

Very excited to see everyone! What fun.

MN Deb from Mall of America Land 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045
lcqultr46 replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 12:11 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
At this point it looks like circumstances aren't going to allow me to go

We'll really miss you Judy T. If circumstances change we could carpool down or I do have guest passes available for the SEA-PDX flight if you're able to only go for a few days. If I drive, I'll be going through Portland and can pick up people.

Glad to hear you'll be able to come Deb.

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 287
Points 4,435

lcqultr46:

Judy T-Bellingham:
At this point it looks like circumstances aren't going to allow me to go

Glad to hear you'll be able to come Deb.

Thanks, Judy E.  I am enjoying the farm quilt square you gave me in Leavenworth.  It is on a small table beside my chair.

Thanks, Kris.  I am excited to see everyone.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 287
Points 4,435

Nana, have you booked a flight? Looks like I could arrive one day early, Saturday at 1:30 pm. Or two days early, Friday at 2:40 pm. But I am concerned about hotel cost in Portland. So let me know how your plans are looking :-)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,497
Points 30,470
Diana replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 2:40 PM

Hey Deb,   I don't mind sharing a bed.  Since I'm no longer a stranger....hehehe  I'm still waiting to hear if there is an opening at the Retreat.   I certainly hope so.  It sounds like a great time.

Diana in East Tn.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 11:03 PM

Deb and Diana, so glad to hear you are both coming!!!  I'm ready for another quilt retreat RIGHT NOW!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 3:29 PM

Diana, since you will be sharing the room with Deb, yes you can come!  

Very glad to have you. 

We are now full.   We have 20 quilters signed up.  If others are still interested, they can go on the waiting list.   October is still a long time away.   (Too long.)

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 3:48 PM

I am ready RIGHT NOW....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,497
Points 30,470
Diana replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 5:04 PM

OK Patti.....sounds great.  Now if you'll PM me and give me an address and amount and I'll get a check right out to you.  Thanks so much.  I've never been to the west coast and it will be a new experience.  Can't wait for this one.

Diana in East Tn.

Page 21 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev1920212223Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use