2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,064
gini replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 10:03 PM

oh my gosh, nancy, that is too funny

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 10:26 PM

Jeez Nana, I am humbled...we love you too!  

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,880
Points 366,982
Kris replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 11:17 PM

Nana:
I picked Oregon.  And it didn't even require any thought time.  You ladies must really mean alot to me.   Love you guys.

Oh thank goodness. I'm touched. Love you too.

I think you'll get your machine later on.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 11:33 PM

Kris

I will get a new embroidery machine just not the 830.  But that is fine.  I would really rather see all of you than have the machine even though I drool over it every time I see it...LOL>   But you guys are all really special to me.  I wouldn't miss this trip for all the machines out there. 

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Nana:

And you are very special to us!   Boy to choose us over a new machine -- I hope this girl lives up to this high standing.  LOL

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 11:22 PM

patti , I don't know if you know this ,there is a gal who keeps writing in the blogs about wanting info for this retreat , she must be a new person ,i know Carolyn tired to direct her to this group but I'm not sure she understood , I just wanted you to be aware, barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,034
Points 13,150

Patti, do you have any openings for a couple for the Oregon retreat?  My DH'S thought it would be a great trip, especially if other DHs are going?  If so, what will be the cost per person for te week?

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 4:36 AM

Hi Grandma Sunshine.   We have room for 2 people in one unit left.   There are 2 bedrooms, (and one bathroom.) and I and another woman are sharing one of the rooms.   She and I will have to discuss how we feel about having a married couple sharing the unit with us.   Unless someone cancels, there are no other openings.  Would you and your husband be comfortable with this? 

The max we can have in the sewing room is 20, and this last unit must be rented in order to get the sewing room.

I'll have to think about it and will try to get back to you about this soon.  The cost of the room is $385 for the 5 nights.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,034
Points 13,150

Patti, it does sound a little odd to share a unit with someone you don't know, especially two women and a married couple with one bath. I'm sure my DH could be respectful of everyone's privacy. The bathroom could be an issue, not that he is messy but sometimes when he has to go it is now. Is there another bathroom that he might have access to in case the unit one was occupied?  We are campers so he's used to running to the shower house or out house. LOL  I will leave it up to you since we didn't show interest until the end. Dont feel obligated, please. I will search for another retreat just to get him introduced to the idea that he is finally open to since other DHs are participating and they have some activities just for them. LOL. We would be glad to be put on a couples waiting list for any cancelations. We will not take offense if you were to decide it didn't feel right. I'm sure someone will show interest between now and October. ;-)

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Wed, Mar 6 2013 2:15 PM

There aren't any other units available, and we do need 2 other women to fill unit 12 to lower that expense and so I can be reimbursed.  That unit has to be occupied.  Some of the couples have rented other units or are camping.  In unit 12, if we get one woman who wants a room to herself, and is willing to pay that price, you and DH could still be included, but would just have to find your own lodging.  So I will keep you on the waiting list and let you know if an opening comes up.  It is still a long ways to October, and there will likely be some changes. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 289
Points 4,460

Patti:

There aren't any other units available, and we do need 2 other women to fill unit 12 to lower that expense and so I can be reimbursed.  That unit has to be occupied.  Some of the couples have rented other units or are camping.  In unit 12, if we get one woman who wants a room to herself, and is willing to pay that price, you and DH could still be included, but would just have to find your own lodging.  So I will keep you on the waiting list and let you know if an opening comes up.  It is still a long ways to October, and there will likely be some changes. 

I am thinking about joining you all.  I need to read everything you have said so far to check the cost.  Would be coming by myself.

MN Deb from Mall of America Land

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,465
Jacy replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 10:33 PM

MNgutsygal :
I am thinking about joining you all.

I hope you can come!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 289
Points 4,460

Jacy:

MNgutsygal :
I am thinking about joining you all.

I hope you can come!

Thanks, Jacy. It would be great to see everyone again!

Patti, may I have that room you mentioned, #12, to myself? Is there a shuttle to the hotel from the airport? I think you had mentioned that when we were talking in Leavenworth. I will need a ride.

BTW, I have been to Fabric depot twice.  So fabulous!

Fingers crossed you can add me!!!!!!!!!!! 

MN Deb from Mall of America Land 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 8:18 PM

Fantastic Deb!  You are in! It will be wonderful to see you, and we will be in the same unit!!!!!     So many of us will be going by Portland, someone could probably pick you up, or at the very least there is a shuttle to Lincoln City and someone could pick you up there.   Your total cost would be $385, half of which could be paid now. 

OOOoo, I am so excited!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 289
Points 4,460

Patti:

Fantastic Deb!  You are in! It will be wonderful to see you, and we will be in the same unit!!!!!     So many of us will be going by Portland, someone could probably pick you up, or at the very least there is a shuttle to Lincoln City and someone could pick you up there.   Your total cost would be $385, half of which could be paid now. 

OOOoo, I am so excited!

Fabulous!  Now I need you to pm your address 'cause I shredded it when I was done with it last year :-) I will send the whole amount like last time so that is a done deal. Man, I am so excited. Branson was a blast, and I want more time with Judy! And to see whales and seals! But I spent my whole allowance on fabrics in Branson.  I must stay strong and not go to the Fabric Depot!

MN Deb in Mall of America Land 

• Post Points: 50
Page 20 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev1819202122Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use