2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

Nana:
or sitting quietly starring into space....

Oh Brother.  That would be me!   LOL   If I don't have a plan in mind I'm a zombie in those big fabric stores, let alone a large quilt show.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 1:15 PM

Snowbird Quilter:

Nana:
or sitting quietly starring into space....

Oh Brother.  That would be me!   LOL   If I don't have a plan in mind I'm a zombie in those big fabric stores, let alone a large quilt show.

LOL...I am in shock every time I walk in the door!  I think there are more people in that store than live in Winthrop (400 or so).  But it is a HUGE store!!!

I hadn't heard about the discount for groups of 10 or more.  We will definitely have to pre-arrange a meeting time so we can get this discount!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 1:46 PM

Patti:

Wow.  I don't know if I dare go to Fabric Depot.  I'm on a budget this year.  And my spending is already into the third month. 

I'm saving my allowance for this!

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 9:06 PM

Donna

And if we don't have enough in our group we will just start grabbing random people and adding them to our group...ROFLOL./   I can see us now grabbing unsuspecting people as they go thru the door.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 10:36 PM

Nana:
I can see us now grabbing unsuspecting people as they go thru the door.

I can absolutely see you guys doing just that!  LOL  Maybe you can talk them into joining QCA after that.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,504
Points 417,394
gini replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 1:45 AM

Patti:

Wow.  I don't know if I dare go to Fabric Depot.  I'm on a budget this year.  And my spending is already into the third month. 

i tell you what,  you take my credit cards and i'll take yours, so we have to ask permission before we use them.   you have that steely eye when we are acting up, so i know you'll keep me out of my cards.  i'm a bit wishy-washy, but i'll try to keep you out of yours. 

sam is going to look for us, the girls "us",  a room thursday through saturday close to the convention center.  jacy? are you here?  can you take a few extra days off for our trip?   

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 6:25 PM

gini:
jacy? are you here?  can you take a few extra days off for our trip?   

I don't think I can, I think the 6 days is already pushing it but I'll see what I can do. Don't let me keep you from going though, I can always drive myself there for Sunday.

Fabric depot looks like a great place to visit http://www.fabricdepot.com/index.php?page=dynapage&pageid=3

It looks like it's open on Sunday, what about the show on saturday and fabric depot on sunday before the retreat ( I don't know what time check-in is that first day)

Just a thought, it would be 1 day less  to pay for hotel and meals.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 9:37 PM

I just tried to look up the check in time, but didn't find it.  However, I did find some more photos.  They have a face book page with lots of pictures.  And their chijuajua has all sorts of fancy clothes.  Beautiful beach. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 10:18 PM

I took a look at that Facebook page, Patti, and someone there has a sense of humor.  The caption reads, "You're gonna put the stuffing wherrreeeeee???"

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 10:57 PM

Nancy

That is priceless.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,827
Points 123,555

MNnancy:

I took a look at that Facebook page, Patti, and someone there has a sense of humor.  The caption reads, "You're gonna put the stuffing wherrreeeeee???"

Too Funny!!!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,827
Points 123,555

Patti:
They have a face book page with lots of pictures.

What gorgeous photos. Of course it's hard to get a bad photo of the Oregon coast beaches.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 10:38 AM

Hi everyone!  Patti and I took a snow-dying class together yesterday along with Marge P and Patti's neighbor/friend Dina - who was a new friend to me and Marge.  We went to lunch afterward and were trying to talk Dina into this retreat as we still have two openings.  BTW, Patti took pictures and should be posting soon (I forgot my camera).

Off the top of our heads, even Patti couldn't remember the exact dates...LOL!  Looking now, we were two weeks early in our guesstimates!!!  I think we were just hoping it was two weeks sooner...especially reading all the preparations for the Branson Retreat.  Sigh!  But, we will have our day!  I just can't wait!!! 

BTW, I will be making a trip to Lincoln City in early April with my three DS's for a sister's get-away.  I'm hoping to swing in to Beachcomber's Haven to check it out in person.  Anything anyone wants me to check on specifically?

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 9:11 PM

My DH came home today with the amount of his bonus in March.   He asked which I wanted more ...  the Bernina 830 or coming to Oregon.   I picked Oregon.  And it didn't even require any thought time.  You ladies must really mean alot to me.   Love you guys.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,827
Points 123,555

Wow Nana, you picked us over a new machine?  Brings a tear to my eye. No, really, it does. 

Page 19 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev1718192021Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use