2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 10:27 AM

Does Saturday sound good to all of you?  They are showing from 9 to 5 on Saturday.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 11:48 AM

Also if there is anyone wanting to come in on Friday I would be happy to share a hotel room.  I know Kris is planning on coming in at least by Saturday and sharing a room.   If we get a room with 2 beds we can share with a couple more if you would like.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 12:21 PM

Nana:

Also if there is anyone wanting to come in on Friday I would be happy to share a hotel room.  I know Kris is planning on coming in at least by Saturday and sharing a room.   If we get a room with 2 beds we can share with a couple more if you would like.

Wish I could offer lodging, but my sister doesn't have enough room!

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 1:02 PM

Donna

That is perfectly ok.   It isn't exactly appropriate to offer out someone elses house for lodging anyway.   I was planning on a hotel at least for one night each way.  I will just figure on an extra day or two.   Not a problem.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 9:54 PM

Nana:
It isn't exactly appropriate to offer out someone elses house for lodging anyway. 

Of course!  If I thought it was even a possibility, I would have checked with her before mentioning it!

With where I live, I have rarely had the opportunity to go to a quilt show so I am really looking forward to this!  And DH can keep busy visiting with DBIL and friends...lol!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 10:17 AM

I guess it could be one long hard day to drive to Beachcomber's for me.  About 467 miles, almost 9 hours.  I could do it, specially if I had someone to keep me awake during the drive.  I really don't like driving in Portland either.  They have a good transit system, but it is awful driving.  Hmmm.  There are lots of hotels near the airport, and very good transit into town.  I could do that, sharing a room with someone.  Arriving Friday.  Quilt show Saturday.  Arrive Beachcomber's Sunday.  Oh, but then there is that fabric store in Portland, Fabric Depot, which has 1.7 acres of fabric.  https://www.fabricdepot.com .         I have always wanted to go there.   ( I don't know why this is in italics, I can't seem to turn it off.  oh well.)

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 10:39 AM

Patti

I am considering coming into Portland on Thursday.  I just may have to find this Fabric Depot place.   If you are interested in sharing a room just let me know.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 2:01 PM

oh, good grief,   the PIQF puts on several shows a year in different areas and the one i have been to are wonderful shows.  let me check this out and get back to you on hotels

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 2:39 PM

Gini

They do have some big shows out here but none are really close to me.  This would just give me a great opportunity since I am coming there anyway.  Just thought it would probably be worth adding a couple of days to the trip and enjoy the show and maybe some of the things Portland has to offer.  Since I am flying out I may as well get all the bang I can for my buck....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 10:54 PM

Patti:
Oh, but then there is that fabric store in Portland, Fabric Depot, which has 1.7 acres of fabric.  https://www.fabricdepot.com

Fabric Depot is between the Portland Airport and the Convention Center and not too far from the I-205 Portland by-pass (which passes by the airport).

Be prepared...I mean really, really prepared...with your checkbook, VISA, MC, AMEX, cash, last born child, etc.  This is the store of stores for the fabricoholic!  Anything, and everything you could every want you can find there.  And their batik section is absolutely HUGE!  (Now, I am thinking I will have to drive down on Thursday to do this on Friday.  DH found a Model Railroad shop a few blocks away from this store, so it keeps him happy while I am there.)  Last time I was there, the clerk cutting my fabric told me that many times friends come in together, spend the morning in one half of the store, go to lunch, and come back in the afternoon to shop the other half...NO KIDDING!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 12:18 AM

Donna

That sounds like a lot of fun.   Do Fabric Depot on Friday and then check out the quilt show on Sat.   We will have so much inspiration bumping around in our heads that we will either be sewing like mad women or sitting quietly starring into space....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 5:43 AM

Wow.  I don't know if I dare go to Fabric Depot.  I'm on a budget this year.  And my spending is already into the third month. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,934
Points 125,235

Well guess it looks like we're going a couple days early also. Poor George said "tell me why again". Says I "well I want to visit my sister". Good reason, yes?  So her and I will take in the quilt show and fabric store. I'm sure we will run into you guys. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,934
Points 125,235

Nana:
Do Fabric Depot on Friday

They offer discounts for groups of 10 or more.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 11:42 AM

Judy we will definitely need to keep adding people and get that discount....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Page 18 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev1617181920Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use