2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 5:22 PM

Patty Mc

If you are willing to go in on the shrimp I am willing to cook them.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 5:23 PM

Nancy

I am sorry to say that poached eggs are something I have never mastered.  My mom used to make them occasionally but I just end up with a mess...LOL.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,108
Points 110,275

Nana:

Nancy

I am sorry to say that poached eggs are something I have never mastered.  My mom used to make them occasionally but I just end up with a mess...LOL.

Ewwww, poached eggs have got to be one of the most awful......well perhaps I'm just not an egg person. But I won't be doing breakfasts anyway so you guys have at it and enjoy. I'll bring a big pot of soup for one of the lunches. Otherwise I'll mostly be packing a lunch from our RV. I know I'm going to be missing lots of the late night fun.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 9:14 PM

Judy

You are going to have to convince George to come over and hang out with all the other men and eat dinner with us.  I know everyone would love to have you there.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 9:38 PM

Patti:
Does that mean we are going to have carrots, celery and broccoli sitting at the tables instead of M&Ms?  I'll do fine as long as I am not sitting near the food, and the cutting tables are not by the food either.  I think the sewing room, (also called the Sandbox) has a kitchen area in it.  

So far I haven't had one M&M since I read that ##@@** article you posted, Patti...LOL!!!  But hopefully, they will return to being just an occasional special treat and not a regular part of my daily food intake...which they have been for quite awhile.  Actually right now (with the skiing),  I am having difficulty eating enough of the right kinds of foods each day...so trail mixes and nuts would be even better than veggies...at least for me!  But that is 9 months off, so we will see...

We'll just have to make sure the dishes of candy are ***FAR AWAY*** from you and me...ROFLOL!  (I hope by that time I will have a better mind-set about chocolate than I do right now...sigh.)

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 9:41 PM

lcqultr46:

Patti:
Does that mean we are going to have carrots, celery and broccoli sitting at the tables instead of M&Ms?
Maybe we could have bowls of Trail Mix, a few pine nuts and roughage mixed in with the M&Ms.  Is that better Donna?

I'm not much for breakfasts but I do a great, or so my family thinks, lasagna. Maybe we could have an Italian night to go with the red wine?

Yes, Judy it is better!

And Lasagna, oh yum..... I might have to make an exception for that day...and hike up a hill or two before I can have any...LOL!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,108
Points 110,275

Nana:

Judy

You are going to have to convince George to come over and hang out with all the other men and eat dinner with us.  I know everyone would love to have you there.

Offer the man a piece of pie or brownie and he's yours. He'll be there Nana, depend on it.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 9:47 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Ewwww, poached eggs have got to be one of the most awful......well perhaps I'm just not an egg person. But I won't be doing breakfasts anyway so you guys have at it and enjoy. I'll bring a big pot of soup for one of the lunches. Otherwise I'll mostly be packing a lunch from our RV. I know I'm going to be missing lots of the late night fun.

Perhaps poached eggs are a regional dish?  You don't even see them too often in restaurants here.  I like eggs (love omelets), but poached...not so much either.  

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 9:52 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Nana:

Judy

Offer the man a piece of pie or brownie and he's yours. He'll be there Nana, depend on it.

I was just going to post that you need to get George "galivanting"(sic) around with Wayne, Will, and Randy...and possible Lee (Marge P's DH) and Karla's DH (am I missing any?).  I know Wayne is planning several short day-hikes (3-4 miles)  for any of the guys that would like to join in....plus some easy beach walks.

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 9:59 PM

As long as we are discussing food here, I would like to make one very large suggestion!

One dinner  we should all plan to go to the Dory Cove Restaurant in Lincoln City.  It's not fancy, not too expensive, and has the very BEST seafood on the Oregon Coast!  

I think one dinner out is a nice idea and we will all enjoy it.  (I believe they do have a few meat dishes for people that can't eat seafood, and I could double check on that if the group is interested.)  Any comments?

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 10:02 PM

Here is the link to the Dory Cove's website:  http://www.dorycove.com/default.htm

And they do have non-seafood items on the menu.

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,108
Points 110,275

Donna is right! The Dory Cove is really good.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 11:41 AM

Donna

I am pretty much up for anything

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 959
Points 19,496

Count mrschristy and I for the restaurant.  And Nana you'll have to specify the size etc of the shrimp.  I'll buy you cook!  LOL

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045
lcqultr46 replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 2:02 PM

Donna B:

One dinner  we should all plan to go to the Dory Cove Restaurant in Lincoln City.  It's not fancy, not too expensive, and has the very BEST seafood on the Oregon Coast!  

I agree Donna, it's really good, count me in.

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

Page 13 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev1112131415Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use