2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 482
Points 9,060
Darlene replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 6:48 PM

Larry seems to look forward to the retreats as much as I do.He is always glad when he already knows someone there,he says he is shy lol

We are looking forward to seeing Oregon .At this time we are thinking of driving a long trip but we will enjoy the sights along the way.We have driven to BC before so it should be about the same.Looking forward to the beach and meeting new friends and catching up with others

Darlene(2manyhorses)

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 5:56 PM

I have received all the payments, except one, and that one is in route.   The two checks made out to Beachcomber's Haven have been mailed, and the first half of the payment has been charged to my account.  We still have 2 openings for singles.   I had to pay the deposit for the two spaces, as they were in the 4 plex and in order to get the sewing room, we had to rent all units in the 4 plex.  Full cost of each of those singles is $192.50.  So if you know anyone who wants to come, let me know.

At this time, there will be no refunds unless all spaces are filled, and then only refunded if your space is taken.  I will need the rest of the money by July 1.  That way, if someone needs to cancel, we may be able to get replacements otherwise I will be out the money. 

All units have only 4 people at the most.   So hopefully the lines at the restrooms won't be too long!

Are we excited yet?  I am.  I keep looking at the pictures, and this is a wonderful place.  With space.  And a kitchen in every unit!  And on the beach!!!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,391
Points 115,435

Patti:
Are we excited yet?  I am.  I keep looking at the pictures, and this is a wonderful place.  With space.  And a kitchen in every unit!  And on the beach!!

Since I've been there and know the beauty of the place, I know I'm excited!  This is going to be a fantastic retreat location. 

Patti, you are putting out so much work on this. You need to know you are appreciated although I realize that doesn't help much with the work load.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,704
Points 436,475
Nana replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 8:55 PM

Patti

I know that I am excited.  This is like a dream come true for me.   The chance to see the Pacific coastline is a dream that I have had most of my adult life.   You will never know how much I appreciate all the hard work you have done to get all of the West coast retreats up and going.  You and all the rest of the west coast ladies are fantastic and I love each of you.  Even better than sisters...I never had to share my toys with you gals...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 11:19 PM

Nana:
Even better than sisters...I never had to share my toys with you gals...LOL>

We certainly have developed some close friendships.  I have never been involved in a group that is so caring, eager to help, tolerant of differences, fun, and knowledgeable about my favorite hobby. 

And I will be bringing both my Pfaff's in case you want to play with my toys.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 11:27 PM

Anyone interested in doing a block exchange or row quilt this year?  Something beachy?  I have yet to put together my blocks and rows from previous years. 

Also different at Beachcomber's Haven, is that we will have lots of kitchens.  So we can cook for each other if we want.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,391
Points 115,435

Patti:
Also different at Beachcomber's Haven, is that we will have lots of kitchens.  So we can cook for each other if we want.

Love potlucks, sharing favorite foods. I'm in. Anyone like homemade Broccoli-Cheddar-Ham soup?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,394
Points 361,017
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 12:24 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Love potlucks, sharing favorite foods. I'm in. Anyone like homemade Broccoli-Cheddar-Ham soup?

Yes please.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,394
Points 361,017
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 12:25 AM

Patti:
Are we excited yet? 

I'm excited. I'm really looking forward to it.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

I'M EXCITED.  My cousin-in-law,  "mrschristy"  is one fantastic cook, who loves to cook.  And I have a simple recipe or two that I could make to share so we are in.

As for a row quilt  or a block exchange,  I'll do whatever the rest want to do.  I'll ask "mrschristy".  I'll need an explanation of a row quilt.  I'm also looking for two more gals to join us.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 9:54 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Anyone like homemade Broccoli-Cheddar-Ham soup?

You bet!!!  How about  Black Bean Soup?  Any takers???

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 10:01 PM

Yes, this is going to be sooo fun to be at the Oregon Coast with all of you!  

I won't be joining in with any row/block exchange this year.  I am trying to clear my slate so I can get back to doing some landscape quilts, and I already have two bed quilt requests (from family), plus the Craftsy BOM and the QCA BOM Group...and I am not that fast a quilter...LOL!  So sorry,  not this time.  I'll just admire and cheer you all on...

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,391
Points 115,435

Donna.  Black bean sounds good. As it gets closer we can figure it all out. I don't think there will be any trouble covering a few meals. Dang but it's a long way off. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,391
Points 115,435

I don't plan on taking part in an exchange either. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 10:46 AM

I don't think I will participate in any exchanges either.  I still have yet to put together quilts from the previous 2 exchanges.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 11 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev910111213Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use