2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 8:05 PM

Judy EE.  I have put you in number 9, the cost will be 50.42 if you share the queen bed with someone, or double that if you want it to yourself. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 10:50 AM

Patti

I will be sending my check next week. 

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 1,195
MzA replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 12:20 PM

Is there anymore room for singles?

Avis

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 3:53 PM

Hi Avis. There probably will be.  I still have to hear back from a couple people, and I should know soon. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045
lcqultr46 replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 6:05 PM

Thanks Patti, I guess I hadn't clicked on Email me replies. I just sent you a pm  which you can ignore. I will send you a check, I guess for $100.84. I'm a little uncomfortable sharing a bed with someone I don't know well.

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045
lcqultr46 replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 6:12 PM

Actually, rm 9 will work good because DH may drive me down, stay one night, then drive home, drive back to pick me up, stay the night, then home again. So I'll get the check out for $100.84 this week.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 6:44 PM

Judy, I meant room 10.  You were in room 9, but decided you wanted single so I switched you to room 10 with the other women.  I am not sure how they will feel about having a man among them, specially with only one bathroom.  When you vacated room 9, I made some offers to other people.  I will check with them tonight and let you know if 10 is still available.  If not, you'll be in unit 12 and your deposit, which is half of your total, will be $192.50. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045
lcqultr46 replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 6:45 PM

Oh sorry, room 10 is perfect, no need to change. I thought you wanted me to stay in room 9. I will send my deposit for the queen size bed in room 10. Sorry to be such a pest.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 10:34 PM

OK, the room assignments in the 4-plex has changed again.   Please see below and let me know if that is OK. 

Unit 9, downstairs.  2 couples, Marge and DH,  Karla and DH.

Unit 10, downstairs.  Judy EE in room 1 with queen bed by herself.  Spud in room 2 with queen bed, by herself.  Room 3, twin beds:  Tentatively Elizabeth and Patty Mac.  I have not heard from Elizabeth yet, and as Patty will be having hip surgery, if she comes, she needs to be downstairs.  Those with rooms by themselves will be paying double what those sharing a room will pay.

Unit 11, upstairs: 2 bedrooms, one with queen and one with twin beds.  Gini, Nana, Kris, Andrea, Jacy.  (there is a hide-a-bed.)

Unit 12, upstairs, 2 bedrooms one queen and one with twin beds.  Bertie and DH are tentatively scheduled.  If she decides not to come that unit will be turned into a singles unit.

I am 'floating' for the time being.  We have another request for a single, and Jacy could move to 12 if it becomes a single unit.  I don't think we would have any problems finding anther single.  Then I would be there too. 

Others coming but not in the 4-plex are Donna and Jan and their DHs.  Nancy and Randy in their own unit.  Judy from Bellingham will be roughing it with her DH in a RV.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Patti:
Room 3, twin beds:  Tentatively Elizabeth and Patty Mac.  I have not heard from Elizabeth yet, and as Patty will be having hip surgery, if she comes, she needs to be downstairs.

Ok Patti --  That sounds great.  Give me a price.  I'll send it and hope for the best.  Hip surgery has been put off -- still in the diagnostic stage. I'm still your friend but I don't think I still have your address.

Thanks you are a gem.

Patty Mc

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,824
Points 366,012
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 8:53 PM

Patti,

are there still openings for the retreat? I have had a couple inquiries.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 9:49 AM

I will check the list, and try to contact those who have not committed later today.  We may have some openings, but wont know for sure until later.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 3:42 PM

Patti

I have sent the bank a request to send you a check.  Delivery by 12/28 according to bank.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 11:05 PM

There are some changes, in room assignments. Bertie and Elizabeth will not be coming.

Unit 10: room 1 Judy EE, room 2 Spud, room 3 (twin beds): Patty Mac and her cousin-in-law.

Units 11, and 12 will both now be for singles.   These are large units, 2 bedrooms, one bath, kitchen and living room area and jacuzi on the deck.  One room with queen beds, the other with twin beds.  They also have hide-a-bed in the living room area.  Full price for the units is $770 per unit for the 5 days.  The more people sharing the unit, less cost per person.   You can all discuss who gets what and who your roomies with be.  If someone insists on having a room to themselves, they pay double.   Tentatively in Unit 11 is Gini, Jacy, Kris, Nana.  Sounds like a sleep is optional group.  Then for unit 12 we have Avis, Andrea, and me with room for one more. 

I think someone else, in general forums?, might have asked about coming, but I cannot find that post.  Kris, you said you have a 2 friends interested.  There is space for them, but not sure where to put them. 

I don't want to force anyone to share a bed or a room, or to sleep in a hide-a-bed.  I am going to leave those decisions up to you all.  I can sleep anywhere, hide-a-bed or share a queen.  

We can fit 20 people in the sewing room comfortably.   17 of those are: Nancy, Donna, Jan, Karla, Marge, Judy EE, Spud, Patty Mac, her cousin-in-law MrsChristie, Gini, Nana, Jacy, Kris, Avis, Andrea, JudyT, me.  Please let me know if I am missing someone. 

I have received checks from Kris, Spud, Jan, Patty Mac, Marge.  Judy T, you are paid for, I tore up the last check you sent me.    Please make the checks out to me, for those of you staying in the 4 plex.  Units 9, 10, 11, 12.  Others can send the checks directly to Beachcomber's Haven if you wish, except for the deposit I put down.   The checks I have received already made out to Beachcomber,s, I will mail to them. 

I am wondering if someone shouldn't be made co-organizer with me.   I can still do all the arrangements, I just need someone who can take over if something happens to me.  This person I would keep informed of all payments received and all payments sent to Beachcombers.  Contacts, dates. etc.  And it provides some accountability.  Let me know if you are interested. 

Thanks,

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,824
Points 366,012
Kris replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 3:42 AM

Patti:
Kris, you said you have a 2 friends interested.  There is space for them, but not sure where to put them. 

Patti,

I haven't heard anything so don't hold places for them. 

• Post Points: 35
Page 9 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev7891011Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use