2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 2:02 PM

Nana, tha is good to hear , we really don't want to loose any of our people to Branson.  I know so many are looking foward to meeting all of you .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,819
Points 352,402
Kris replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 12:37 AM

I probably won't be able to afford two long distance trips in one year. The cost of the retreat I can do but not the plane tickets. Sorry Thea and Barbara.

Barbara,

don't remove me from the Branson list yet. I'm still trying to make both work.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 8:09 AM

Thea:

I am upset and I am trying not to be - but I really want to meet Nana and Kris and now because the Beachcombers retreat has been set so close to the date of the Branson retreat where we are all going to meet up ... now because of this people are talking about cancelling the Branson to go to the west coast - is there any chance that we can stretch the distance between the retreats so that those with money issues don't need to crunch numbers but can enjoy all the retreats.  

I hate it that there may be cancellations as this is what happened last year with the Walnut retreat - the west coast Leavenworth retreat was scheduled during and people cancelled from the Walnut Retreat...I think that we should schedule them at least 2 months separations so all can enjoy!

And I am dissapointed that I haven't met you and Barbara.  The problem with the dates is trying to find a time open at these places where they have room available, that is off season, and the weather won't make it too difficult to get to.  When we started the retreats, I never expected that folks would be traveling so far across country to go to one.  And since we had to turn people away from the Leavenworth retreat for lack of space, we decided another west coast retreat was needed.  And off season means that many who otherwise could not afford to go to a retreat, can go.    It is not easy to schedule in these places, even a year ahead can be difficult to get in. 

The Leavenworth retreat last year was the first retreat to be scheduled, then Walnut retreat was scheduled, and our only option for Leavenworth this year was to schedule at the same time as the previous year. 

A summer retreat would be really nice, specially for school employees who can't get away during the school year.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 8:18 AM

Karla, I have put you into unit number 8, with Bertie and her husband, and Bev and her DH.  You can check it out on line.  It is a very nice unit.  That would bring the cost for that unit down to about 250 per couple, for 5 nights.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 9:12 AM

Kris I do hope you can get something worked out . I love to come to one of the retreat on the west coast as I have never been there ,but I'm afarid funds just aren't there to do all of the retreats. SO for now I have to stick close to home.  Maybe some day Patti I can do one . I would love to meet all of you out in the western part of the country . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 9:32 AM

Patti:

Karla, I have put you into unit number 8, with Bertie and her husband, and Bev and her DH.  You can check it out on line.  It is a very nice unit.  That would bring the cost for that unit down to about 250 per couple, for 5 nights.

Thank you Patti. I'm looking forward to the chance to meet some more quilters.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,405
Bev replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 11:02 AM

Patti:

And I am dissapointed that I haven't met you and Barbara.  The problem with the dates is trying to find a time open at these places where they have room available, that is off season, and the weather won't make it too difficult to get to.  When we started the retreats, I never expected that folks would be traveling so far across country to go to one.  And since we had to turn people away from the Leavenworth retreat for lack of space, we decided another west coast retreat was needed.   

Hi Patti,

I am going to have to make a retreat (heehee) from the 2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

Would you please take my name off of the list for this. I don't know what I was thinking. Well I do but won't go there.lol

I will say that after seeing and reading the post from your Leavenworth trip I got caught up in the moment.

Thanks

from TN

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 11:04 PM

Nana:

I still am planning on going to Branson.  I am just trying to work numbers to make it to Oregon too.   I have never been to either place.  And I really want to go to Branson to meet Frances and some of the others that I haven't had a chance to meet.    So Thea don't worry ... Branson is pretty much a definite unless something happen between now and then.

Great because im dying to meet you and Gini and i was really hoping to meet Kris (so sorry Kris im hoping you can go to Branson).

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 11:05 PM

Kris:

I probably won't be able to afford two long distance trips in one year. The cost of the retreat I can do but not the plane tickets. Sorry Thea and Barbara.

Barbara,

don't remove me from the Branson list yet. I'm still trying to make both work.

Kris,

Try really hard i am so looking forward to meeting you.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 7:43 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

People, this is a drop dead gorgeous location. I stopped there last month and spoke with the manager. The beach is across the street, the units are apartments with kitchens, living rooms, the whole she-bang. The sewing room is to die for with supplied ironing boards, irons, cutting tables and mats. 

Gals, I can vouch for this!!!  It doesn't get any better...and this is an absolutely fantastic price!  Also, when Judy T says the beach is "across the street"...it is like walking across a neighborhood street - not a highway.  This is off the highway several blocks, a very quiet location, and the beach is truly beautiful there.

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 3:57 PM

Gals what are the chances of seeing whales at this beach.  I have always wanted to see whales and have never seen them in the wild.  One of those bucket list things....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,600

Nana:

Gals what are the chances of seeing whales at this beach.  I have always wanted to see whales and have never seen them in the wild.  One of those bucket list things....LOL>

only if you're lucky. We saw a couple whales when we were there last month.  But there are seals. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 5:49 PM

Nana:

It is the right time of year for them to be migrating...

We saw whales last month from just south of there - at Cape Foulweather.  You usually need to be up on a headland looking out to sea to see them if you are not on the water (in a boat) right next to them.  That day, there were several very close into the shore...within a half mile.  We could probably arrange for a whale watching excursion if there were enough people interested.  (I've never done that either, and it might be fun!  It would probably be a half-day away from the quilting frenzy...lol!)

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 9:59 PM

When we had the retreat in Va Beach we had 5 dolphins playing in front of the house every morning and evening.  It was so neat to watch them.  It isn't usual to see that many and especially not everyday.   It would be really neat to see a whale but I know it is mostly luck.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 10:29 PM

OH ,if you all get to see some whales ,please take pictures to share,  I loved it when the dolphins were out and playing it was so exciting. I could have watched them all day.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 2 of 82 (1227 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use