2nd Annual Amish Country Retreat June19-22 2013

rated by 0 users
This post has 169 Replies | 21 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,538
Points 23,145
Susie replied on Wed, Jul 10 2013 8:53 AM

Sheila--you crack me up!  Just so you know...I embrace my inability to be scrappy!

The retreat was so much fun.  Linda is a GREAT hostess!  And the prezzies that kept appearing are so awesome! 

Chicagoland, Illinois

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Wed, Jul 10 2013 9:38 AM

Susie:

Sheila--you crack me up!  Just so you know...I embrace my inability to be scrappy!

The retreat was so much fun.  Linda is a GREAT hostess!  And the prezzies that kept appearing are so awesome! 

I KNOW you do! That's part of the reason it's sew much fun! There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a fussy scrappy person (I kind of am, too!) LOL!

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Wed, Jul 10 2013 9:39 AM

I second Ginny's sentiment, Barbara! We really missed you & Elaine this year!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,274
Points 173,313
Marie replied on Wed, Jul 10 2013 11:11 AM

Sheila, thanks for sharing the pictures, looks like a good time was had by all.  Great projects came out of that retreat, good work ladies!

Millbury, MA

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Sun, Jul 21 2013 6:19 PM

For those of you who wanted the 30-minute pizza recipe, I finally dug it out!

Dough:

1 pkg fast-rising dry yeast

3 c all-purpose flour (like the white whole wheat - although regular whole wheat and even rye is good!)

1 c hot tap water (120-130 degrees)

1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 450. Lightly coat a pizza pan with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with coarsely ground yellow cornmeal ( if desired).

In mixing bowl, mix the yeast with 1 c of the flour. Add the hot tap water and blend until no raw flour shows. Stir in 1 c of the flour and the salt and mix quickly until the dough comes away from the sides of the bowl. The dough is now ready for kneading. Dust a cutting board or other clean surface of your choice. Turn the dough out onto the kneading surface. Knead in the remaining flour a bit at a time, using a dough scraper to help prevent sticking. Knead firmly until the dough is no longer sticky. Dough should be smooth and elastic and spring back slightly when pressed with forefinger. Press or roll the dough into a size to fit your pan (I can fix an 18 inch pizza with this recipe) and place the dough in the prepared pan. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and top with your choice of toppings. If desired, you can drizzle a bit more olive oil over all of the toppings when assembled. Bake until the crust is golden and the topping bubbly (15-20 minutes).

Recipe was published in Military Lifestyle Magazine (March 1987) and is called "Evelyne Slomon's 30 Minute Pizza". This is tonight's dinner! Excuse me while I eat.

Page 12 of 12 (170 items) «Prev89101112
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use