rated by 0 users
This post has 169 Replies | 21 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,370
Points 174,978
Marie replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 1:38 PM

Sheila:
Dawn - I'm sure you and I will see each other sooner rather than later! As soon as I can scrape together the funds, I'm definitely going to look into the Sulky thing.

Dawn, would you elaborate on the "Sulky thing", sounds interesting.  I don't have enough to do so I'm looking for a new "thing".  :  )

Millbury, MA

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,348
Points 36,945
Linda replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 4:29 PM

Susie:

Thanks, Linda!  I had a wonderful time!

Contrary to some beliefs, Sheila & I are really good friends!  We hold no animosity towards each other at all, lol!

I am in awe of Dawn's sulky projects!  She does such a lovely job on them! 

Linda O was so determined to get her paper piecing project put together.  It was generally decided that I should NOT attempt PP after the star issue from last year...not sure if my brain can handle it at all!  And her chicken wall hanging is adorable!

Lisa & Judy worked together to finish a top in the delft blues.  It is beautiful!  Makes me want to do one in that color scheme.

Ginny was plugging away, and then she would just disappear...to reappear when new treats were placed by our machines. 

Linda K did a great job as hostess!  All the little treats she had planned!  And you should see her scrappy quilts!  They are beautiful!  Not enough for me to want to do one...not enough control for me.

If you haven't ever been to Somewhere Sewing, you should check out their website, and just picture rows and rows of fabric!  It's a great place to shop, and my pocketbook sure suffered for the visit!

Susie you are a delight.Your quilts are quite spectacular too. If I ever get this other disk downloaded, everyone will see some of them.

Thank you for the compliment. Being hostess is fun, but a whole lot of work to prepare all those little treats. Oh, and you should see the scrappy I've been working on since I've been home. It's an emergency for a pastor friend in hospice. I need to get it shipped by end of week. It will be posted later. I promise.

I hope there will be a 3rd Annual Amish Retreat. We'll see......

HUGS to all of you.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,523
Points 50,970
Ginny replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 7:55 PM

Sheila,  I will get busy on that recipe Wednesday.  Today, I was trying to play catch up on everything here, but got interrupted in the morning by a friend stopping by with a very flimsy excuse that I won't go into -  had to send him on his way so I could go to quilting group, then I got a very     little done outside when another friend called and wanted to get a pizza and have supper here in the cool air of the air conditioner.  Tomorrow I am babysitting all day from 7am to 5:30 or so and sometime during that I have to get my labs drawn.  So as I said Wednesday -- Okay?  Got to run and put another load in the washer.    Ginny

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 8:01 PM

Take your time, Ginny! No rush. LOL!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,547
Points 23,370
Susie replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 10:28 AM

Someone was going to share a really good pizza recipe--Lynda O, maybe?  And Judy was going to try to share her pudding dessert recipe that was divine!  I want the rattoutille recipe, too, please!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,523
Points 50,970
Ginny replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 10:59 AM

Susie:

Someone was going to share a really good pizza recipe--Lynda O, maybe?  And Judy was going to try to share her pudding dessert recipe that was divine!  I want the rattoutille recipe, too, please!

Okay, Susie, I told Sheila that I would post it tomorrow.   Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,547
Points 23,370
Susie replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 11:45 AM

Awesome, Ginny!  I wasn't sure if you were just going to post it, or email it to her, and I wanted to make sure I got it, too.  I must make some for myself!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 1:52 PM

Susie, I'm the one with the pizza recipe. I'll get it to you tomorrow. I've been in Columbus all day today. Hot, muggy, yuck! Gonna take a nap. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,726
Points 364,652
Kris replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 12:30 AM

I really enjoyed the photos and reading about your retreat. It was over too soon. I've been seeing the emails but only just got around to looking.

Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you're all getting home safely.

Sheila:
I came home to several phone messages regarding job opportunities so I'm working on planning my week.

Good luck.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,343
Points 241,927
Thea replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 10:11 AM

Ladies, it looks like you had a wonderful time - the pictures were just awesome to look at - and all the smiles - the countryside looks absolutely stunning.  I am so wishing to be back in that side of the country and not seeing for 100s of miles without anything in the way!  I am so envious!  Sitting at home with my feet up trying to behavve myself so that I can play again another day!  Maybe next year!  there is always next year right??!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 12:57 PM

Thea, lovely to hear from you!

Yes, the countryside is beautiful there. I wish I could have gotten more pictures but, as I said, there aren't many places to pull over for photo taking - too many curves! Not that I'm a professional (or even adequate sometimes-LOL) photographer, of course. Maybe one of these days DH & I will take a drive back over that way since it's only about 1-1/2 hrs for us and see what we can do about that lack! I'd love to be able to share it with everyone!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 9:02 PM

I thought I'd take a moment (or two) and post some of the pictures that were on Linda's camera! She was finally able to get them downloaded - YAY!

First off, a few of Judy's show & tell items!

Judy is a hand sewer! I don't even want to know how long it took her to do Grandmother's Flower Garden!

OMG! Is it Christmas already??? Great job, Judy!!

Next up is Susie's Controlled Scrappy - you see, Susie still doesn't quite have the concept of "scrappy" down yet so she has to fuss and make sure it's just right! LOL! We love you, Susie!!

Next we'll feature a few of Lisa's pieces.

Anyone want to go to the Zoo?? Well, just come to our next Buggy Babe's Retreat!! I mean, really - How cute is this?

Kind of a wonky view (Linda - had you already taken your meds before you took this one?? LOL!) of the Beautiful Peacock that Lisa & Judy worked on. I can't wait to see it quilted, Ladies!!

Next up is Ginny!

Obviously, Ginny had the time of year right! Just in time for July 4th!!

Lollipop anyone? Just be careful of the pins! These adorable pin cushions appeared out of nowhere one afternoon! Assorted flavors, too!

Lynda Overholt is the shoes behind this pretty quilt made from last year's exchange blocks! In case you missed it, last year we all brought 12" blocks based on Amish designs.

Here Lynda O is concentrating on her Chicken's wall hanging. I'm told she has a "thing" for chickens and she's obviously really into this one! Notice her chicken wire fabric?

I believe this one was one of Lisa's and if I recall the story on this one, she actually used some shirts from high school to complete it. I may be wrong so don't take this as gospel.

And, lastly...doing what we all do best - Sitting down to dinner!

Well, I hope you all enjoyed your virtual retreat with us! We need to get busy on one for next year but, we're going to need a committed deposit from folks to do it for 2014. If you'd like to get in on the fun or, as some suggested, make it longer, please contact Linda Koller! I'll be glad to help her out again but, Linda is the one who has led the charge and I'm going to leave management decisions up to her! Hope to see more of you next year!

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Great show, Sheila. I'm sorry I couldn't be there. Looks like you all had a great time.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Jul 10 2013 3:43 AM

I would love to be there but it so hard to know if I'll have the funds . Its not the cost of the retreat  its the cost of getting there that's hard for me. its a very long drive from Kansas City. I'll have to see what I can work out. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,523
Points 50,970
Ginny replied on Wed, Jul 10 2013 8:21 AM

Barbara,  I do hope you can work it out to come.  It would be so fun.    Ginny

• Post Points: 35
Page 11 of 12 (170 items) «Prev89101112Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use