Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 11:33 PM

Shelia and Ladies, beautiful quilts. I even recognized  a couple of the blocks form last year..LOL     Oh I'm so jealous of y'all spending time at my favorite shop ..I should have been there ..  WEll ladies keep having fun and I look forward to tomorrows  report. ..Shelia you are doing a find job.  Barbara 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,840
Nana replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 12:24 AM

Sheila

You are doing a great job on reporting.   It seems everyone is have a great time.  I am jealous that you guys went to Somewhere Sewing.  I have always wanted to go to their store when they were still in Tennessee.  It was only a couple hours away.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,848
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 8:50 AM

Barbara:

Ginny  thanks for the complement ,According to the Doctors office I've lost 10 lbs, according to my clothes  None, LOL  I was not aware I was trying to lose  any .Barbara

You rock, Barbara! Congrats However, I am afraid I grabbed those 10 pounds and applied them to my HIPS!  Why does every pound added go to women's hips, and to men's bellies??

Sukochi

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 12:23 PM

Hello to the Smoky Mountain Mama's!  A few more of us may be chiming in today because Nana had the great idea to post a note in the regular discussion forums guiding people back here to your retreat.  It looks like the good times are happening!  I'm enjoying the show-and-tell.  Great reporting, Sheila. Would love to see more faces with the quilts.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 1:54 PM

Hi Shelia and the gals ,Just want to say hello and let you know I'm there I spirit .I'm going to a over 30 conference and dinner this evening so I'm all dress up an ready to go ,just waiting on my ride to come  so here is a really not very good picture of me dressed up . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 4:14 PM

Enjoy your night on the town, Barbara!  I love the colors you are wearing!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 10:40 PM

2013 Buggy Babes Ohio Amish Country Retreat:

Day 3:

This morning found 2 slug-a-beds late for breakfast. Sheila (yes, again!) and Lynda Overholt drug their butts out after everyone else took their coffee to the front porch. Again we had to make coffee...such inconsiderate people!!! (Just Kidding, gals!)  Following breakfast, some sewing took place before one group headed to Somewhere Sewing - yes, Barbara, trust me, I think we spent more than enough to take up your slack! Two others headed into Berlin and Susie & I stayed behind to sew, shop at Millers, and partake of free BBQ pork sandwiches & ice cream from the new store that just opened up that sells BIG BBQ grills, wood burners, and all of the accessories you could ever want. Yum!

Serious sewing took place throughout the afternoon as several of us scrambled to get something...anything...accomplished to prove that the weekend was productive. Of course, when in a hurry, Murphy turns up to really make things interesting. While making quarter square triangles, Ginny sewed them on the wrong line and it looked like we were going to be selling bean bags for a while. She now claims her spot as the resident Ripper Extraordinaire! Susie basted and completed her baby quilt that she was eager to finish, Lynda O selected a Christmas paper piecing wall hanging and proceeded to fuss and fume about it all afternoon before finally getting it right! (Can I tell you that I don't get along with paper piecing and therefore laughed at her antics). Dawn completed a small wall hanging - this woman is GOOD!!! (picture to follow tomorrow). Linda K decided to give her stars a rest and begin on the hourglass blocks that go with the stars. Alas, Murphy was in rare form and she stitched them on the wrong side...God loves cheerful rippers! To be fair, Ginny did offer to lend her expertise but, Linda declined saying she needed the practice. I finally finished something to show that she did indeed accomplish something! These 3 candle mats are freebie designs from Quilt With Us...

Dinner was a lively affaire at Der Dutchman to celebrate our new friendships and my upcoming birthday (Ugh - another one!) We returned to dive into a luscious Caramel Cheesecake  that was to die for ( and I was willing to wield the weapon as they sang Happy Birthday!):

We drew Ginny's name out of the basket for the fat quarter bundle supplied by Somewhere Sewing. She "claims" to have never won anything before but, she can't say that now!

We ended the evening a bit earlier than the others since Lisa & Judy are heading out early in the morning and the rest of us will follow not too long after. It's been a great retreat and we've all had a great time. Once I get home and have better cell reception, I'll be able to upload some of the photos I took on my phone to post and Linda will most likely post additional pics from her camera, as well. We've had a great time. This place is one that is well laid out, easy to use, very comfortable and the folks at Millers are most accomodating. Many things are supplied (coffee, tea, cleaning supplies, laundry, etc.) and at a reasonable price. Included is a 10% discount to the retreaters for items purchased from their store during the stay. Did we hear "DiSCOUNT"??? The facility is nice and intimate and sleeps 10 comfortably. It's a great size for a nice, intimate group!

Well, off to bed...early to rise...ah, heck - we're tired. Good Night!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,840
Nana replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 11:04 PM

It looks like everyone has had a lot of fun.   Seems way to short though....didn't you just start posting a day or so ago.   About the time I would have gotten settled in and really got to sewing it would have been time to go home.   I really like the week long ones where I can really manage to accomplish something.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,820
Frances replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 3:13 AM

Shelia,

You have done a fantastic job reporting, hopefully we will get to see more pics when you get home, I have to agree with Nana it does seem awfully short it seems like no sooner are you there than you are going home, but i hope everyone had a wonderful time.

Safe journey home everyone.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Well, I'm up at this ungodly hour because my shoulder is killing me, so I caught up on the Buggie gals retreat. I am so sorry to have missed all the fun. Sheila, the Great Reporter, has done a great job. I felt so left out on the shopping trip to Somewhere Sewing that I had to get on line with Hancocks of Paducha and do a little shopping of my own.not quite the same, I will admit, but it satisfied my hunger for shopping. I'm so glad everyone had a great time and safe travels home to everyone.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 46,580

Thanks for the great reporting. I enjoyed seeing all the projects as well as reading about your SHOPPING, SHOPPING AND MORE SHOPPING! Sorry, I wasn't shouting, that was my jealousy coming out. LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 10:21 AM

Glad you all had a good time!   It seemed to go by really fast. Have you thought about making it longer?  You might get people from further away if it was a day or two longer.  Looking forward to more pictures when you get home!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,687
Points 66,040
Bonita replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 12:52 PM

Enjoyed your retreat from afar. Beautiful work was done and thanks Shelia for the pitcures and your reporting was a highlight. Safe trip home for you all.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,538
Points 23,145
Susie replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 2:36 PM

Made it most if the way home. Sons football team us thrilled I made it.  I will post more this evening.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Page 9 of 12 (170 items) «Prev7891011Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use