2nd Annual Amish Country Retreat June19-22 2013

rated by 0 users
This post has 169 Replies | 21 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,432
Points 38,375
Linda replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 6:18 PM

Susie - I know you are SOOOOOOOO  ready for this retreat but you only have 2, got that 2 more days to get all your packing done. HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHA  Oh and do you have  your exchange blocks done and signed yet? Hon, you got to get a move on. And yes I received your check.

Sherri - Yes I'd be happy if you greet if I don't get there before 9:00 am. But how are you getting there before 9:00 am.? Aren't you coming from Michigan? Don't tell me I don't want to know....just don't get a speeding ticket. Lynda says she's picking me up at 7:30 so we should be there around 9:00 am....providing I'm out of bed and ready at 7:30!!!! Oh and Lynda doesn't get lost.

All the rest of you - Are you ready? Got all your sewing things packed? Don't forget the sewing machine! Clothes packed? Any meds? And don't forget the meals!!! Oh, and snacks....gotta have snacks. How can one possibly sew without snacks??

I still have to get Indy packed. He leaves for boot camp on Tuesday. And I have to download my camera because I filled it with photos of my gardens. I'll print them on paper so you can see. Last year I didn't get many photos of the retreat. Do we have a volunteer to be the reporter? They have free wifi there.

Don't forget to bring your welcome packet most importantly your name tags.

If I've forgotten anything, you have till Tuesday 9:00 pm to leave a message on this site. If I have to be ready by 7:30 Am and I can't check in with my caregiver till 9:00 pm, I will check this thread while talking to my caregiver, but then I'm off to bed. No more messages.

SOOOOOOO until Wednesday 9:00 AM, see you then , Buggy Babes

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 7:18 PM

Oh Linda,  I don't know how I am going to get everything done on time.  I had to go out in the yard yesterday and today and weed my flower gardens and plant all of the plants that I started from seed.  Gosh the petunias were already in bloom I am just disappointed that the ones I really wanted didn't come up at all.  Any way, here I am gathering strength to get up and start packing some of my things.  I am waiting until morning to make the ratatouille.  Lasagna is in the freezer.  Okay, basic food is accounted for.  I have to go take a shower now after my outside work.   Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,432
Points 38,375
Linda replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 9:28 PM

Ginny:

Oh Linda,  I don't know how I am going to get everything done on time.  I had to go out in the yard yesterday and today and weed my flower gardens and plant all of the plants that I started from seed.  Gosh the petunias were already in bloom I am just disappointed that the ones I really wanted didn't come up at all.  Any way, here I am gathering strength to get up and start packing some of my things.  I am waiting until morning to make the ratatouille.  Lasagna is in the freezer.  Okay, basic food is accounted for.  I have to go take a shower now after my outside work.   Ginny

I was doing yard work too. All the Burpee seeds I planted didn't germinate. Have to find my receipt and go back to Home  Depot. That was all my herbs, sunflowers, and zinnias. My sweat peas are starting to die if I don't get them in the ground soon so think I'll put them where I put the sunflowers. They can grow on the front fence to the veggie garden then. I'll be able to see them from the sewing room window. I also had to replant my spinach for some reason. Only a few plants came up. The carrots and zucchini and snow peas are growing like weeds. Just planted the cantalope last weekend and it's coming up already. And just picked enough strawberries to put over an small shortbread for lunch tomorrow. YUM!  I still need to split one of the mums in the front yard before it kills my ground cover again. I'll put it back in the secret garden. The new plants back there are going to town. Marigolds haven't done anything this year. Lost my licorice plant.

Well back to the Retreat. I meant to get on here and tell everyone not to forget their show and tell. I was talking to a friend and she reminded me about it. I would have forgotten! 2 more days!!!! Are you ready, Buggy Babes?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 10:07 PM

What do you mean "show and tell"?  I don't think I will be ready until an hour after I leave the way things are going.  My arthritis has really been acting up.   Grrrrr    Ginny

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,583
Points 24,040
Susie replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 8:54 AM

Dang...minor setback in getting ready...I tried to take my finger off with my rotary cutter last night.  Luckily, I was unsuccessful, but I did take a good chunk of it off.

So...limited sewing until the bleeding stops anyway.  I will have to finish my exchange blocks at the retreat.

And I have no idea what to bring for show & tell...I don't keep most of what I make, so I don't have many finished projects.  But I'll find something....

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 9:17 AM

Susie:

Dang...minor setback in getting ready...I tried to take my finger off with my rotary cutter last night.  Luckily, I was unsuccessful, but I did take a good chunk of it off.

So...limited sewing until the bleeding stops anyway.  I will have to finish my exchange blocks at the retreat.

And I have no idea what to bring for show & tell...I don't keep most of what I make, so I don't have many finished projects.  But I'll find something....

Whoa, Susie!!

Don't make us get you one of those chain mail gloves! Honestly, nothing is sew important in the world of quilting that is worth endangering yourself for! And, if you've got photos for show & tell, that's fine but, the most important thing to bring is your safe behind! May the quilt gods be with you as you journey to our most magnificent retreat!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,837
Points 248,889
Barbara replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 9:18 AM

I wish so much that I was gonna be there , You all have lots of fun ,maybe I can make it next year.  It such a beautiful place to have a  retreat.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 9:33 AM

Barbara, We wish you & Elaine were coming, too! (Psssst, I think there are still 2 slots open if you change your mind - or win the lottery!). We did have a great time last year and this place looks like quite a comfy place for sewing. We will be posting as possible throughout the retreat so know that you can be there with us virtually, at least! Let's hope my old laptop hangs in there as I can't afford to replace it yet. We'll be going to a few of the same shops and a couple of new (to us) ones! Put us on the schedule for next year, my friend!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 12:04 PM

I, too, wish you were coming Barbara.  After chatting with you on line for a couple of years, I was sad I couldn't come last year, and now that I am able to come-you won't be there. Darn it anyway.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,837
Points 248,889
Barbara replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 4:51 PM

Ginny ,I know , but now all the insurance money is gone ....Imagine that  LOL  and I have to start watching pennies . but I'm gonna do my best to see if I can get there , see the problem is not the retreat ,Its the cost of gas and at least two nights in hotel to get there and back ,that  is  what cost ..so much . same thing for the smokies retreat ,could not go to that one either. have had to keep them, mine, close to home. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,432
Points 38,375
Linda replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 6:27 PM

Ginny:

What do you mean "show and tell"?  I don't think I will be ready until an hour after I leave the way things are going.  My arthritis has really been acting up.   Grrrrr    Ginny

That's from doing all the yard work. My back is killing me because I was working on my secret garden today. Some plants arrived in the mail and it was time to split the mum in the front yard. Then my landscaper came and said he would finish the patio and path. The water feature and mulch will wait till next spring. So when I get home if I can't get hold of my grandson to help paint the furniture I guess I'll have to do it myself. But I do have some show and tell. Indy goes to the trainer's tomorrow afternoon....boo hoo.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,432
Points 38,375
Linda replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 6:30 PM

Barbara:

Ginny ,I know , but now all the insurance money is gone ....Imagine that  LOL  and I have to start watching pennies . but I'm gonna do my best to see if I can get there , see the problem is not the retreat ,Its the cost of gas and at least two nights in hotel to get there and back ,that  is  what cost ..so much . same thing for the smokies retreat ,could not go to that one either. have had to keep them, mine, close to home. Barbara

Barbara, there's a chance you will be there????????? Don't worry about deposit money....got you covered. So all you need is $184 and your traveling money. YeeeHawwww!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,432
Points 38,375
Linda replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 6:37 PM

Sheila:

Susie:

Whoa, Susie!!

Don't make us get you one of those chain mail gloves! Honestly, nothing is sew important in the world of quilting that is worth endangering yourself for! And, if you've got photos for show & tell, that's fine but, the most important thing to bring is your safe behind! May the quilt gods be with you as you journey to our most magnificent retreat!

Susie, slow down girlfriend!!! The blocks will get done even if we have to help you.If you cut off your finger, how do you expect to sew? I know the pressure is on, but take a step back and take a deep breath. Calm down! We'd like you in one piece, please. Safe driving. please.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 6:37 PM

Barbara,  I know exactly what you mean about the cost and watching pennies and having to stay overnight somewhere.  Fortunately this one is only a little over 4 hours away from me.  There are not many that are close to me.   By the way, now that I have your ear, I saw your new avatar - have you lost weight?  The photo looks it.   Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,432
Points 38,375
Linda replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 6:39 PM

Sheila:

Barbara, We wish you & Elaine were coming, too! (Psssst, I think there are still 2 slots open if you change your mind - or win the lottery!). We did have a great time last year and this place looks like quite a comfy place for sewing. We will be posting as possible throughout the retreat so know that you can be there with us virtually, at least! Let's hope my old laptop hangs in there as I can't afford to replace it yet. We'll be going to a few of the same shops and a couple of new (to us) ones! Put us on the schedule for next year, my friend!

There are definately 2 openings left......Barbara????? We are going to miss you & Elaine....it just won't be the same without you.

Page 7 of 12 (170 items) «Prev56789Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use