rated by 0 users
This post has 169 Replies | 21 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,325
Points 36,575
Linda replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 7:51 PM

Diana:

Hi Linda,   Could you tell me what size block for Sunbonnet Sue?  I've got patterns for 8" finished and 12" finished.  Don't want to show up with 8" when everyone else does 12".     

Thanks and can't wait.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

Our blocks will be 8-1/2" this time. And don't forget you need to make 10 blocks. June can't come soon enough...I hate cold weather.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,325
Points 36,575
Linda replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:15 PM

Carey are you still interested in going to the retreat? Send me a PM asap?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,325
Points 36,575
Linda replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:19 PM

There are only 4 openings left for the 2nd Annual Amish Retreat, June 19-22, 2012. We will be at the Rural Thimble. Contact Linda Koller if you are interested.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,325
Points 36,575
Linda replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 9:26 PM

Linda:

There are only 4 openings left for the 2nd Annual Amish Retreat, June 19-22, 2012. We will be at the Rural Thimble. Contact Linda Koller if you are interested.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,325
Points 36,575
Linda replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 10:48 AM

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,325
Points 36,575
Linda replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 2:38 PM

Just had 2 ladies sign up this morning. Hurry and get your deposits and registrations in before you miss out on the 2nd Annual Amish Country Retreat.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,325
Points 36,575
Linda replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 4:32 PM

Just a reminder - don't forget to sign, date (retreat date), city and state on your exchange blocks.

Those of you who are registered and paid attendees: Please let me know if you have any food allergies so we can let the cooks know and they can plan their meals accordingly. ASAP please. This all takes a lot of planning on my part.

Thank you.

Linda

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,495
Points 30,430
Diana replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 5:25 PM

Hi Linda,   In 64 years, I haven't found any food allergies.   Just as long as you don't try to feed me liver, we'll be ok.....lol

Thanks for all your hard work.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,325
Points 36,575
Linda replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 3:35 PM

Diana:

Hi Linda,   In 64 years, I haven't found any food allergies.   Just as long as you don't try to feed me liver, we'll be ok.....lol

Thanks for all your hard work.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

No worries on that one!!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,325
Points 36,575
Linda replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 7:03 PM

Still a couple openings left.

Not Ranked
Posts 17
Points 355

Hi Linda,

I have a question for you...and it may sound silly, but I'm new to this website and new to this group...What is a QCA Retreat?  Can anyone suggest a retreat on this group's site, or does it have to be approved or organized by QCA?

This retreat place sounds fantastic!!!  I hope you get all the openings filled --- Our family vacation is already planned for that time! :(

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 1:19 AM

Sal, None of the retreat are organized by QCA we are just members doing these on our own We are all volunteers .anyone can attend the retreats  they don't have to be members of QCA.  I went to this retreat last year ,we had it a hotel though ,and while we were out browsing the country side Linda found this great place , I unfortually can't come this year ,but we had alot of fun we were just a small group .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,325
Points 36,575
Linda replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 8:21 PM

craftingalsal:

Hi Linda,

I have a question for you...and it may sound silly, but I'm new to this website and new to this group...What is a QCA Retreat?  Can anyone suggest a retreat on this group's site, or does it have to be approved or organized by QCA?

This retreat place sounds fantastic!!!  I hope you get all the openings filled --- Our family vacation is already planned for that time! :(

I wish I had the perfect answer for you. I put the Amish retreats together and I didn't have anyone's approval. We were QCA members except for 1 or 2. For a more formal answer you could ask one of the administrators. Too bad you can't join us. Last year we had it in August, this year in June. All depends when we can get the booking and if I have enough interest at the end of a retreat to book for the next year and availability.The participants at my retreat are limited to 10. Other retreats have more participants.

I hope that answers your question. Welcome aboard QCA. Everyone is very friendly and helpful or can refer you to someone who can help you.

Hugs.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,297
Points 414,004
gini replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 8:37 PM

craftinggalsal.   the members, on our own, without sanction from QCA, started organizing these retreats a couple of years ago.   they are led by and organized by member volunteers.   the member finds a location, asks if anyone is interested, collects the money  for the deposit and secures the site.  that member is responsible for  making sure all the deposits  are collected and payed to the reatreat site, and are responsible to the retreat site if any damage occurs, or if they aren't cleaned properly upon leaving.

because there is often a minimum  number of people needed to secure a site,  and sometimes people sign up that can't attend when it comes time.  the deposits are non-refundable, unless another person is found to take your place. 

i hope this clears up your questions. 

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,297
Points 414,004
gini replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 8:38 PM

we were having so much fun talking to each other here, it just made sense to get to know one another in person.   we have a great time at the retreats.  it is a whole lot of work for the person organizing the retreats, though. 

gini in north idaho

Page 2 of 12 (170 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use