Branson, Missouri - Stone Castle Hotel -March 2nd thru March 8th 2013

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,249 Replies | 28 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,664
Points 120,340

Beth Weigt:
Bill decided we would leave about 5:00am on Sat.  We should be in Branson around three-ish.

Beth.  You're just about 90 miles north of my sis-in-laws place in Bloomington. I'm hoping to get George out the door no later than 5:30-6:00. Maybe stop for breakfast in Springfield.

Weather is still a concern for driving but it's freeway all the way and, by Saturday, my phone app says it's going to be clear weather. 

I'll PM you my cell number in case you're planning to stop also and we're about the same time.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 12:49 PM

I am so ready to be there.  It will be so much fun meeting the new faces and revisiting with the "old" faces.   Diana I will see you tomorrow probably sometime around 3pm.  I have tried really hard to keep my bags to a minimum but the sewing stuff keeps multiplying .... LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 1:42 PM

"old" faces?   (grumble grumble)  thanks a lot   :  )

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 1:49 PM

Gini

You never disappoint....LOL.   I knew that would get a response....ROFLOL.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,508
Points 30,675
Diana replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 3:04 PM

Nana,   I've been paring some of my things down too.  I have 2 small suitcases for clothes.  Then checked and had 2 quilts that would have needed cutting as well as sewing and decided to leave them home.  I've got lots of blocks cut and ready to sew.  One or 2 quilts to hand stitch bindings down.   I'll be bringing 2 sewing machines so their all ready to go with all their goodies.  I have a friend coming in the morning to pick up a couple things.  Little by little I'm getting UFO's done and out the door.   Took 2 charity quilts and 6 pillow cases to a guild member to take to the guild meeting next week since I won't be here.  You just might have a bed to sleep in...lol    Yes, bed is all made and ready.  I even took shower head off and cleaned it since I took shower down there and it was clogged.  This trip is getting so close and I can't wait.......fun, fun, fun, here we come...lol

Diana (Bink) in East Tn. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 3:17 PM

Diana

You didn't have to worry about finding the bed.  I could have always slept on the couch.....and fell over the footstool.....again.  I do have 2 machines to bring but one is a featherweight and doesn't take much room.   If necessary I can always set on a bag....LOL>   I have 2 bags and a backpack with sewing supplies and one small suitcase.   I never bring many clothes...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,508
Points 30,675
Diana replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 4:32 PM

Nana, i don't need anyone tripping over the footstools again.  Oh, and the septic has been pumped and plumbing problems all solved so no mops needed....lol

My vehicle can hold a lot of stuff so no problems here.  With sewing machines on floor in backseat then lower the backs of the seats and we can fit lots of goodies that we buy on our trip....

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 7:21 PM

good news, although it is only going to be in the high thirties, there are no more storms on the horizon through next week. 

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,664
Points 120,340

gini:

good news, although it is only going to be in the high thirties, there are no more storms on the horizon through next week.

Keeping our fingers crossed. Still shows snow for flying into Chicago Thursday and for the drive to Branson Saturday. But, it's freeway all the way so I'm sure it will be fine.

An adventure.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 7:53 PM

Greetings from New Orleans!

Rolled in at 3 pm.  Checked into the hotel and then strolled through the French Quarter.  Enjoyed a bloody mary and listening to music outdoors, then had a delicious dinner of shrimp, andouille sausage, and ham in a spicy sauce over grits.  We're crashing early tonight after two long days of driving, but I made Randy promise that tomorrow night we'd do the big night scene for my birthday!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,756
Points 66,925
Bonita replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 7:58 PM

gini:

That is good news. No closing of the airport in Springfield. Just need to make it thru the Atlanta airport from H*** and the rest will be a piece of cake. LOL

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,756
Points 66,925
Bonita replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 8:00 PM

Beautiful pictures Nancy, looks like the two you enjoying the nice weather. Have fun painting the town tomorrow night and Happy Birthday to you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 8:07 PM

Look at you two, blue skies and bloody Mary's, life is good.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,664
Points 120,340

Sun!  Oh I do love New Orleans and envy you right now.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 287
Points 4,435

MNnancy:

Randy promise that tomorrow night we'd do the big night scene for my birthday!

What a terrific wat to celebrate your birthday. Have fun!

Page 78 of 84 (1250 items) «Prev7677787980Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use