rated by 0 users
This post has 1,249 Replies | 28 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 8:48 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Right now, the 10 day forecast shows snow snow snow between Bloomington and St Louis. George is starting to mumble.

We took two long driving vacations last winter/spring (Texas in Jan./Viriginia Beach in Apr.) and we hit it so lucky with weather that it's hard to accept now that this can be a very tricky time of the year for road trips.  March is historically the snowiest month in Minnesota, but we haven't had a traditional winter in a few years now.  We're spoiled!

Anyway, we hit the road tomorrow morning.  Talk to you all when we're at motel #1 since I can't communicate with you from the road with my smart phone.  I can read comments, but QCA won't let me post from a Droid.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 8:54 PM

MNgutsygal :
I always end up buying so much fabric :-)

I am NOT buying a ton of fabric!  Did everyone hear that?  Help me stick with that, please.  I have to save up for our summer trip to Ala$ka.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 145
Points 23,795

Elaine Phillips:

My biggest regret is that our partners in crime Kris, Marie and Marlene won't be there. Where is Marlene, anyway? And not to forget, Darlene from NY, Joni, Marge, Sue, Mary, am I leaving anyone out from VB? I will miss them all.

Elaine, thanks for thinking of those of us from VB who couldn't come.  I think you got all of us. 

Been wondering about Marlene myself.  Hope she is okay.

Must tell you all that it has been torture for me reading all the excitement in preparation for this retreat and not being able to attend.  I have had a pouty face many times while reading your posts and have seen the pain on DH's face because I can't come.  He feels so bad and wishes there were some way I could pull this out at the last minute.  Just not in the cards this year.

My place is at home with him right now but God willing, I will attend another retreat and get to see all of you again soon.

For those driving, safe travels.

For those flying, safe travels.

Will be thinking of all of you and hoping that the gremlins take it easy on your projects.  Won't count on it but maybe the hotel environment will deter them from some of their shannigans.  Still cherish their additions to my VB quilt.  Smile every time I see them.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 11:17 PM

Darlene:
Won't count on it but maybe the hotel environment will deter them

Darlene I really doubt it....ROFLOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995

MNnancy:
Anyway, we hit the road tomorrow morning.

Nancy, I hope you and Randy make it out of MO before Monday night. We are supposed to get hit with another severe snow storm with another 12 in. of snow starting on Monday eve. I'm not sure how much Missouri is supposed to get but that is the forecast for KS. And Oklahoma.  Happy travels for you!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 2:42 AM

Elaine yeah its suppose to snow the first of the week ,I didn't see the news so I don't know if we will be under a storm warning or not. gee this is not the time for all this to hit,even though the moisture is surely needed.I 'm don't think they will be getting any in Brason ,accordian to the outlooks it suppose to be in the 40s and 50s down there.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 5:06 AM

Girls Branson, is only expected to get a very small amount of snow, most of it will be up Barbara,s way.  sorry Brabara lol.   the high on check in day is suppose to only be 35 not much warmer during the rest of the week.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995

Leslie, thanks for the weather forecast. That sounds promising.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 7:29 PM

Leslie ,that ok I just have to get dug out , I'll make it.  we are alrady unnder a winter storm warning for Monday . ugh . I think its just doing this cause we are having a retreat ..LOL   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 8:26 PM

Elaine Phillips:
Nancy, I hope you and Randy make it out of MO before Monday night. We are supposed to get hit with another severe snow storm with another 12 in. of snow starting on Monday eve.

We spent most of the day in southern MN with Randy's family today, so will try to get moving very early tomorrow morning to beat the storm.  As I posted in another thread, we're changing our route from going south through Iowa to moving further east and traveling through Wisconsin and central Illinois to St. Louis instead.  We hope that if we can get 100 miles south of St. Louis by Monday night, we might be out of snow/freezing rain territory.  Wish us luck!  Will post again tomorrow night to let you know how we fared.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,645

MNnancy:
We hope that if we can get 100 miles south of St. Louis by Monday night, we might be out of snow/freezing rain territory.  Wish us luck!

Nancy, glad you are posting. Keep us informed as you travel. It will be a relief when we all arrive in Branson next Sunday.  

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 11:42 PM

We are packed and ready to leave tomorrow, and I'm so excited, can't wait to get there and meet everyone.  I'm still not looking forward to the drive because of the weather, but hopefully by staying pretty much south we'll miss the worst of it.  Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Missouri are the states we will hit, coming and going and visiting with friends and family along the way.  We have allowed 6 days for travel, so on any day that the weather is really bad, we can try and sit it out somewhere.  Wish us luck.  Hopefully hotels/motels along the way will have wifi so I can keep up to date with everything.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,412
Points 62,115
Bonita replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 11:55 PM

Karla, have safe trip and enjoy visiting with your family and friends. Look forward to meeting you also.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 1:12 AM

Karla ,you and Sonny have a safe trip and keep us posted, Take your time and you shuld be great ,Have fun while traveling . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 1:14 AM

Nancy , glad to hear you changed your route,you should hopefully miss some the snow ,have fun in your travels and keep us posted on how your doing . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 76 of 84 (1250 items) «Prev7475767778Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use