Branson, Missouri - Stone Castle Hotel -March 2nd thru March 8th 2013

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,249 Replies | 28 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

So sorry about Bill,s father. Looking forward to seeing you at retreat.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 9:24 PM

all you have to do is check in at the front desk and say you are with barbara's quilt group

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 3:19 AM

thanks Gini ,I have everthing ready to send to the hotel and then this storm hit ,we didn't even have any mail delivery today ,It was not fit for man or beast outside. so it should be out tomorrow with a list of everyones names and what rooms they need . Hopefully they will have it by Sat. of this week . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 3:19 AM

Karla ,you and Sonny have a safe trip , Look foward to meeting you , Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 10:45 AM

Hi everyone ,just letting you know I have paid for resverstaion for the hotel ,and they will collect the rest of the money when I get there Friday. I have made room assingments for thoseof us not coming with spouses. Nancy I also gave them your request and there was no problem with it.when you check in they will let you know your room number. Here are the room assignments for us singles  LOL

room 1. Deb and Gretchen

room 2 Diana and Bonita

room 3 Elaine and Mary

room 4 Nancy B and Barbara ( we smoke so I put us in room so noone has to smell our smoke ,we are also up late and should not disturb anyone ..LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,752
Points 66,905
Bonita replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 11:09 AM

Thanks for the info Barbara, counting the days now. I have a question about the sewing machine I'll be using, what kind of thread do I need to bring for it. If's not picky about what kind I'll just bring what I normally use. But just don't want to screw up the machine. My little Brother is not picky. I just wish she had a bigger throat. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 11:16 AM

Bonita you will be using my huskquvarna Topaz , I have alwys used Arufil  50wt thread in it and i think that ls what on it now Its a nice machne but it doesn't not have a auto thread cutter on it It has a beauitful stitch on it and its nice a guiet .It's a nice machine. And not hard to work .. Barbara.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,752
Points 66,905
Bonita replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 11:26 AM

Thanks again Barbara, I'm going to JoAnns today and will pick some up. I have an old huskquvarna Iris. I love it but it's hard to find the little cards for it I bought it for the embroidery.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 11:58 AM

Bonita, My Topaz,isan embroidery Machine as well but it also sews , I have got to take the time to figure out how to use the embroidery part  but I just never seem to find the time to work with it .  It realy is great to sew on. I just miss some of the extras.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 287
Points 4,435

Beth, I am sending your family hugs.  Take care.

MN Deb from Mall of America Land  

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 287
Points 4,435

MNnancy:

Aarrrgh!  The weather forecasters are talking about several HUGE winter storms moving into the midwest starting this weekend.  We're heading out Sunday with a couple of overnight visits planned on our way to New Orleans before we head to Branson the following week.  I hope we don't get lost in the snow!

Nancy, be very careful! I can't wait to see you at Branson.

Everyone coming by car, be safe.  The weather is why I am flying in.  I could get stranded in Chicago, but at least I won't be in a cold car. And I have spent many nights in airports when we used to fly to Mesa, AZ during Februarys in the past.

Gretchen, I can't wait to meet you, roomie :-)

I am getting sooooooo excited to meet everyone.  I love our quilt retreats through QCA. Such terrific people! Judy, I can't wait to show you a quilt I made I am proud of. And see more of your beautiful projects.

Nine days to go!!!!!!!

MN Deb from Mall of America Land 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 3:57 PM

Speaking of showing quilts...
            Barbara, would you care to bring the comfort quilt made after your mother's passing to show to the group?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 4:02 PM

Nancy sure I can bring it , I had thought about it anyway . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Bonita, I don't think you will find Aurifil thread at JoAnn. They don't carry it. You will only find it at some quilt shops. I am looking forward to meeting you. And everyone. I'm getting so excited, but I am not ready yet. I have to sort out what I need to bring. Ott lights, quilt hoop, projects, sewing machine, tools, rulers, mat, What am I forgetting? Oh, yeah, clothes!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 5:13 PM

Bonita, I can bring an extra spool of Auriful for you.  Would a neutral beige be okay?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 74 of 84 (1250 items) «Prev7273747576Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use