Branson, Missouri - Stone Castle Hotel -March 2nd thru March 8th 2013

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,249 Replies | 28 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 11:55 AM

OK everyone, I've been off line a lot since we lost all internet service in Northern Nevada for a couple of days, (thanks AT&T) and have been so busy getting ready for the trip.  It's been so long since I've taken a trip anywhere that I forget just how much there is to do to get ready.

I've missed out on a lot of the messages and don't know if I'll have time to go back and read them all, so if someone could message me the games and what I need to bring i would certainly appreciate it.  That'll be more for me to get ready, but I'll try my best.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 1:17 PM

Karla

Strip Poker....  75   2 1/2"  x  20 strips.   I took my 2 1/2 x wof strips and just cut them in half.

LRC     5" squares    and I think the number is 9 or 10

white elephant gift....anything quilty that is new,  this should be wrapped in whatever manner that you desire.    I know that some people wrap their gifts in FQs to make it like receiving 2 gifts.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 287
Points 4,435

Nana:

Karla

Strip Poker....  75   2 1/2"  x  20 strips.   I took my 2 1/2 x wof strips and just cut them in half.

white elephant gift....anything quilty that is new,  this should be wrapped in whatever manner that you desire.    I know that some people wrap their gifts in FQs to make it like receiving 2 gifts.

Oh, Nana, I hadn't thought of wrapping in a fat quarter, great idea!  I won't be playing strip poker cause I am a new quilter and so far love my scraps :-)  But I am looking forward to LRC.

I keep changing my mind on what projects to bring. Now I think I will bring some kits to try to get some of them done. I have over a dozen and have only done one. And as we will be talking so much I better bring things easier to do cause when I talk and sew I make mistakes (imagine that :-).

My neice is working with someone who has a relative also coming to this retreat, I think.  Nancy B. Small world.

I still want to bring at least one Christmas quilt so I won't feel so overwhelmed next year.  And MNNancy saw the pictures on facebook so she knows I really do make quilts, lol.

MN Deb from Mall of America Land

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,751
Points 66,900
Bonita replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 3:02 PM

Nana, I'm very excited about coming to Branson. Working on projects to bring, keep changing my mind and look for something else. Finally deceided on using some of the charm packs I have a bunch of. Cutting them today so I can have them ready to just sew together. I'm bringing a Christmas panel and the scalloped border fabric, I'm hoping someone there can help me cut it so as to have the scallops match up at the corners. Help ya'll, opps the KY coming out. LOL Better get back to cutting.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 3:44 PM

Nana:

Karla

Thank  you, Nana, I'll start gathering and packing that stuff.  Hope I have room in my vehicle for everything.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 5:16 PM

Deb

Nancy B.  is me.   ROFLOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 5:17 PM

Karla

If you are anything like me you will be sitting on something...LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 6:01 PM

Nana, i have been so excited i think Bonita, is a little worried now LOL

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,751
Points 66,900
Bonita replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 6:16 PM

Leslie :

Nana, i have been so excited i think Bonita, is a little worried now LOL

I just tell myself " NEVER FEAR LESLIE WILL BE HERE " And I'm ready to ride. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 6:33 PM

MNgutsygal :
I won't be playing strip poker cause I am a new quilter and so far love my scraps :-) 

But Deb you might love our scraps more.  That isn't a good reason not to play....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 6:33 PM

Thats right Bonita,   I will take care of you

[Ava, Missouri

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 287
Points 4,435

Nana:

Deb

Nancy B.  is me.   ROFLOL

No way!  LOL.  I definitely know to look out for you!

Deb

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 1:37 AM

Sorry gals I've not been more talkative.  have not been feeling well the last few days. Just hurting and little tummy issues. and I've not been sleeping well ,  Not just real sure why.  But I am excited to see all of you and can't wait.  I have not made up my mind yet as to what I'm bringing to work on  guess I'd better do that this week and get it ready.  We are gonna be a maller group then what started out , but I know we will still have a marvlous time.  so just keep the mesages coming  and well get thrru the next two weeks quick.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,508
Points 30,675
Diana replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 2:27 AM

To All The New Quilters coming........Don't worry about the games.   I'm bringing a huge box of strips and 5 inch blocks.   More than enough to share with those of you who just started and don't have a lot of scraps to cut up.   I'm sorting thru my scraps and anything that fits either category is getting added to the box.   More than enough to go around.   We want you all to play and have fun.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 7:25 AM

Diana you are such a sweetie,  thanks for bringing the extra.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 66 of 84 (1250 items) «Prev6465666768Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use