Branson, Missouri - Stone Castle Hotel -March 2nd thru March 8th 2013

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,249 Replies | 28 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 1:45 AM

Hi to all of the couples attending.  Sam sent me this message and I'm passing on to you . Let me know if any of you are intrested and I will contact him . Barbara

Will you call me please re: special price upgrade for theme rooms, The Stonecastle Inn would like to extend to your quilting qroup. We are prepaired to offer theme room uprades to couples who chosse for $20.00 more per night. These rooms generally rent for $100.00 to $125.00 this time of year. Your group price would be $400.00 per room plus $20.00/ night for 6 or 7 nights however long the room is used. Please call me to dicuss if you think some of the coulples might like to upgrade.

Sam

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,591
Points 75,975
Karla replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 11:31 AM

I haven't been online too much lately as I am trying to get everything ready for the trip.  If I have any more emergencies that take my money, I'm going to be attending on a wing and a prayer.  We have an emergency dental appointment today as my husband has either lost a filling or broken a piece off of one of his teeth, don't know how much that's going to cost me.  Today I am going to the credit union and getting a prepaid card to use for fuel on the trip back there.  I've been sewing, sewing and cutting, cutting to get my projects ready to go.  The time is getting close and I'm beginning to get frazzled with everything that needs to be done around here before I can leave.

Have made arrangements for Kaci (reserved a spot at the kennel, but I think my daughter is insisting on keeping her), still need to get the truck checked out (DH insists) and the tires rotated.  Have enrolled in AAA in case we have trouble on the way, ordered maps and tour guides, ordered all refills for medications.  I think I'm slowly getting things checked off of my to do list.  Bought healthy snacks for the trip...what am I forgetting?

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 1:11 PM

Clothes Karla....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,504
Points 48,110
Frances replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 1:35 PM

Karla,

Forgive my ignorance and being  a brit its something ive never heard of "tyres rotated" surely when you drive the tyres get rotated then.

lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 1:51 PM

Frances

We rotate the tires and put the ones from the back onto the front and vise versa.   It increases the wear time on the tires.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 9:47 PM

Karla, don't forget to put a hold on mail and newspaper deliveries.  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 9:49 PM

Frances:
ive never heard of "tyres rotated" surely when you drive the tyres get rotated then

LOL You are so cute.  Are you sure you can't pick up some airline tickets and join us?  It would be fun to "Americanize" you!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,504
Points 48,110
Frances replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 10:45 PM

Nana:

Frances

We rotate the tires and put the ones from the back onto the front and vise versa.   It increases the wear time on the tires.

Nana, have you been doing wheelies in your vehicle so you dont wear out your tyres as quick. :-)

ps thanks for the explanation, needless to say i dont do that on my car, dont know anyone who does.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,504
Points 48,110
Frances replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 10:48 PM

MNnancy:

Frances:
ive never heard of "tyres rotated" surely when you drive the tyres get rotated then

LOL You are so cute.  Are you sure you can't pick up some airline tickets and join us?  It would be fun to "Americanize" you!

Nancy,

Believe me i so wish i could, and slowly but surely i am picking up american terms the first time Linda mentioned she was walking around the pool in pants i couldnt stop laughing since overhere pants is the same as knickers and it took me a while to realise she meant trousers, i thought she was trying to attract the life guards.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,591
Points 75,975
Karla replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 12:28 AM

MNnancy:

Karla, don't forget to put a hold on mail and newspaper deliveries.  

We don't get a newspaper, but I've added putting the mail on vacation hold and alerting the sheriff's department that we will be gone so they will keep an eye on the old homestead while we are gone.  Our favorite set of neighbors are also alerted to keep a watchful eye...told them we are not moving, so if anyone pulls up with a u-haul, they should contact the authorities.  That happened to one of the people down the street from my daughter...they didn't talk to any of the neighbors so when a u-haul showed up and emptied out their house, everyone just thought they were moving and didn't think another thing about it.  Funny thing is, he and his wife were both deputy sheriffs.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 10:14 PM

Just 3 weeks from now Diana and I will be in Paducah.....woohoo.   Have always wanted to go there.   I can hardly wait for all the fun to begin.

Judy what brand sewing machine do you use at home?

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,723
Points 121,500

Nana, I have a Viking Sapphire 830 and a Baby Lock Audrey.  Audrey is a little girl and was the one I would ship out if needed. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,880
Points 366,982
Kris replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 11:03 PM

Frances:
i am picking up american terms the first time Linda mentioned she was walking around the pool in pants i couldnt stop laughing since overhere pants is the same as knickers and it took me a while to realise she meant trousers, i thought she was trying to attract the life guards.

LOL Frances. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,880
Points 366,982
Kris replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 11:07 PM

Karla:
 That happened to one of the people down the street from my daughter...they didn't talk to any of the neighbors so when a u-haul showed up and emptied out their house, everyone just thought they were moving and didn't think another thing about it.

This could happen to me. I don't even know the names of my neighbours.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 11:42 PM

Judy

That is ok.   I have both a Bernina and a Janome as well as Tink the featherweight.   I just thought I would check and see if you normally used either of these.   I will probably bring the Bernina and Tink because they don't take as much room and don't weigh as much as Janome.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 57 of 84 (1250 items) «Prev5556575859Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use