Branson, Missouri - Stone Castle Hotel -March 2nd thru March 8th 2013

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,249 Replies | 28 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

And my sister Mary wants to hit the Coach outlet.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 9:54 PM

Leslie

I feel sure we will hit every quilt shop that we see or hear about...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,358
Points 414,959
gini replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 11:46 PM

there was a cute little shop between springfield and branson, too

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Jan 23 2013 10:50 AM

I still need to receive money from the following folks..

Mary and Phil

Liz and Jim

Gretchen and Lean

andera

Jan

P;ease mail to me as soon as possible thanks .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 132
Points 1,755
SoBuzy replied on Wed, Jan 23 2013 1:06 PM

Ok ladies....I've never been to a retreat before but am driving from Lake Ozark MO! I found out there is a shop hop on the way! It is actually Feb 28 thru Mar 2...Ozark Hills shop hop with shops in Lebanon, Waynesville and Rolla...if any of you are traveling on the 1st ...these shops are all very close to I-44....haven't been to them all but I'm talking within a mile or 2.....just so you know.....  Now I have a question for those of you who are traveling.....is there anything that I could offer to bring that I might have that you do not have room to bring yourself? As extra machines, I plan on bringing a simple Singer and a Janome (but need to get it serviced as of the weekend as my mode light isn't coming on?!?!), and possibly my old Bernina that sews like a horse, an ironing board and a light or 2.. I have a traverse and don't mind loading it as long as I can get it unloaded!!! I haven't quilted long but I'm a tool junkie...so if there is something you can think of just ask and I'll let you know if I have it...I could grab a few sewing books and magazines if anyone thinks they might be interested --- oh I have European steam iron....I don't use steam but if you do...I don't mind bringing it...so, put your thinking caps on and let me know......and yes, I am excited about the retreat but my taxes come first then my projects....ugh!!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 287
Points 4,435

Leslie :

Nana, there are 2 quilt shops in Branson, one is huge the other small but has some nice stuff,  they are always on my shop hop in March which will start on the 8th,  then there are some not far away in Arkansas, that are nice,  it wouldn't take but maybe 45min to an hour to go to

Oh oh. I didn't know there were quilting shops in Branson and thought I would be safe on this retreat as the Leavenworth retreat was at a quilt shop and I love fabric. I am in trouble, lol.

Love Judy packing already.  And having her projects cut out.  I am now thinking I will bring Christmas projects as I keep buying new ones and not doing the ones I already have. Just bought more fabric today at the online fatquartershop.com as they had three lines on sale-50% off.

So excited!

MN Deb 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Jan 23 2013 4:10 PM

Ok I give ,what is a traverse? this is new to me ..LOL  yeah just bring what ever you think we can use ,we have a lot of folks coming form far and they are limited on space and stuff they can bring.  Nice to have someone close.   So Busy this was a message for you .. sorry forgot to add your name to the beginning .shucks I hate getting old ....Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,471
Points 116,825

SoBuzy:
ow I have a question for those of you who are traveling.....is there anything that I could offer to bring that I might have that you do not have room to bring yourself?

SoBusy.

Extension cords and power strips. I'm flying and know I'll probably need one for the sewing machine and for my tiny little travel iron. 

If anyone who is driving has a design wall or flannel that can be used as one, that would help. We can easily use several design walls.

Extra lights. I am packing my little battery Ott light (it's SO cute!), but there may others who could use an extra light. Barbara said the lighting may not be the best.

Rulers and cutting mats.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,471
Points 116,825

MNgutsygal :
Love Judy packing already.  And having her projects cut out.  I am now thinking I will bring Christmas projects as I keep buying new ones and not doing the ones I already have.

Not really packing Deb, but I do have the suitcases down and am starting to organize in my head.  I have my projects packed in clear bags. But then you just had to go and mention Christmas project (LOL). I have this gorgeous Christmas fabric I bought and had stuck it away. Now I'm considering bringing it also, or instead. Perhaps I'll put the Christmas project away for the Oregon retreat. That would make more sense.

Can't wait to see you Deb, and Nana and Gini and the rest. Looking forward to meeting Sam, Barbara and the others I haven't met yet.

Nana, I am so excited to have the privilege to use your Featherweight. I will take good care of her, I promise.  If you get there before me, just put her on a table and reserve a spot for my table buddy, Deb. But if you can't bring her, it's not a problem. I can always ship out my little Audrey UPS. .

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Wed, Jan 23 2013 5:33 PM

gini:

there was a cute little shop between springfield and branson, too

Gini, the only shop between Springfield and Branson, would have to be the one at Ozark behind Lamberts resturant,   Sew Simple Quilt Shop, one of my favorites, Amber, who owns it is a good friend.   Is it the one your talking about?

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,471
Points 116,825

Leslie :
Sew Simple Quilt Shop, one of my favorites,

I've plugged this into my Microsoft Streets and Trips. We'll be going right through there. Now, just to get George to stop on our way down! He will, he's a honey.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

I am bringing my Viking Lily. And 2 extra ott lights. And a 33X54 cutting mat. The machine and lights will be for whoever needs to use them. As well as the cutting mat. We should coordinate so we don't have super extra stuff sitting around, or have to leave it in our cars. Or rooms. Just a thought. If I don't need to bring my machine I will leave it at home. The Lily is 12 years old. But it sews OK, I think. I still haven't gotten it out to give it a test drive lately.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,358
Points 414,959
gini replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 11:41 PM

Leslie, it was close to an antique mall.  On the east side of the freeway.    We have lots of room for design walls.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 5:36 AM

Gini, yep that would be Sew Simple

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,478
Points 362,142
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 12:37 AM

Nana:
Can hardly wait to get to see Judy agan.   And of Nancy and Gini.  Sorry Kris won't be at this one.  

Waaah. I'm sorry too. I can hardly stand it. 

Page 49 of 84 (1250 items) «Prev4748495051Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use