Branson, Missouri - Stone Castle Hotel -March 2nd thru March 8th 2013

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,249 Replies | 28 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 11:26 AM

Wow Beth.   A cruise to Hawaii sounds awesome.  I know that you and Bill will have a marvelous time.  You will have to bring pics to the retreat so we can all drool.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120

I have some extra portable ottlights I can bring, along with my lg cutting mat and Viking Lily. Am so excited, I can't wait for this trip. I have cut out some blocks to bring, and am looking around for more projects that need completed. That is my goal for this year. Start nothing new until I get projects finished.

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120

Beth, congrats on your cruise to Hawaii. I know you will have the time of your life. The Islands are beautiful.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 9:18 PM

MNnancy:
Does anyone have bed risers to lift up a table to use as our cutting station?

is anyone bringing a hacksaw to lower the table legs at the cutting stations?   :  )

i'm sure we can find four rocks to put under the legs.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 9:19 PM

Elaine Phillips:
That is my goal for this year. Start nothing new until I get projects finished.

well, that just sounds too danged boring.   i shall have to think of something to tempt you into starting new projects. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 9:26 PM

have fun,  beth

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 9:33 PM

sam got hassled a bit when he took my featherweight to branson this week.    they wanted him to gate check it, and were pretty  insistent.   they also spent a good amount of time tearing it apart and inspecting every spare inch of it. they took the bobbin out, ran the bomb pads over it.  it isn't like they haven't seen a sewing machine before, either.   sam doesn't have the nickname bulldog for nothing.   he finally told them it was more than his life was worth to let that sewing machine out of his hands.    then when he got on the second flight ,  a puddle jumper,  they wanted it gate checked again, they said it wouldn't fit in the overhead bins.   sam won and they were wrong, it fit just fine in the smaller bins.   so if you take a machine, prepare for a bit of a hassle,  then once you get where you are going, they might not let you go back with it.  

they've seen sewing machines before, they should be able to look up on their list that sewing machines are ok to carry on. 

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 65
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 298
Points 4,575

gini:

sam got hassled a bit when he took my featherweight to branson this week.    they wanted him to gate check it, and were pretty  insistent.   they also spent a good amount of time tearing it apart and inspecting every spare inch of it. they took the bobbin out, ran the bomb pads over it.  it isn't like they haven't seen a sewing machine before, either.   sam doesn't have the nickname bulldog for nothing.   he finally told them it was more than his life was worth to let that sewing machine out of his hands.    then when he got on the second flight ,  a puddle jumper,  they wanted it gate checked again, they said it wouldn't fit in the overhead bins.   sam won and they were wrong, it fit just fine in the smaller bins.   so if you take a machine, prepare for a bit of a hassle,  then once you get where you are going, they might not let you go back with it.  

they've seen sewing machines before, they should be able to look up on their list that sewing machines are ok to carry on. 

Good grief.  That is ridiculous.  No common sense at all!

MN Deb

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,048
Points 369,207
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 12:24 AM

gini:

Gini,

I'll never forget when the good folks at JFK wanted me to leave my electronic toothbrush behind. That's airport security.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,048
Points 369,207
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 12:24 AM

gini:

MNnancy:

is anyone bringing a hacksaw to lower the table legs at the cutting stations?   :  )

i'm sure we can find four rocks to put under the legs.

OMG Gini this made me laugh out loud. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,844
Points 248,939
Barbara replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 1:44 AM

Gini , what a pain in the A** that must have been for Sam, but happy he got thru with it.  I think we are going to have plenty of extra machines , I'm not just real sure how many are flying in . I know there will be at least two . 

Elaine ,thanks for bring the extra lights .Everyone remember to bring a light as the lighting there in the evening is not real good . the room we will be in is really big  but has very low lighting as it use to be the dinner theater. If you don't have one you can bring  we will have some extra to kepp next to your sewing area.

Now <I need to figure out what I 'm going to bring to work on and get it ready .. LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 12:13 PM

gini:

MNnancy:

We'll find you a box to stand on.

gini:
they also spent a good amount of time tearing it apart and inspecting every spare inch of it.

Might be easier to ship it UPS.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,940
Points 125,340

MNnancy:

gini:
they also spent a good amount of time tearing it apart and inspecting every spare inch of it.

Might be easier to ship it UPS.

UPS is one of the options I am considering as it's always nice to have your own equipment. Actually, I just saw a Featherweight on craigslist for $190. I have emailed the lady and maybe can take a look at it this weekend and test drive her.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 2:07 PM

Gini

I can see Sam now growling at security.   It would have been funny to be somewhere watching that exchange...ROFLOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,844
Points 248,939
Barbara replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 6:20 AM

Beth ,got your mail yesterday . so you are PIF. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 46 of 84 (1250 items) «Prev4445464748Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use