rated by 0 users
This post has 1,249 Replies | 28 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,446
Points 361,712
Kris replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 12:11 AM

Barbara:

kris ,I'm so sorry to hear this , we will miss you  will Pat still be coming or is she out aw well ? Barbara

Barbara,

Pat is out. I think I posted that a while back.

I'm trying to work out my trip home. If it looks like it won't happen and you still have space I'll let you know. I really wish I could do both trips. I don't want to miss out on seeing you again but I haven't been home since 2003 and I last saw my parents in 2004.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 116,335

Kris:
I haven't been home since 2003 and I last saw my parents in 2004.

Kris, where is home?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,446
Points 361,712
Kris replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 2:12 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Kris, where is home?

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. Southern Caribbean.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 116,335

Kris:

Judy T-Bellingham:
Kris, where is home?

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. Southern Caribbean.

That's right, I think I did know that.  I've found that things go in my brain, wobble around and then get lost. You must really be looking forward to seeing family again. I hope you'll share pictures with us.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,446
Points 361,712
Kris replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 2:31 PM

You know I will Judy.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 116,335

When we leave Branson we will be driving back north to Bloomington, IL. We want to take a "scenic" route. We thought of heading down into Arkansas/Tennessee and then wind our way north. We like villages and historical. Don't like cities and freeways.  Unfortunately we'll only have a few days. Any suggestions?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 6:20 PM

Judy ,if you go across interstate 80  ,In  Iowa there is a place called Amana Farms  or something like that.  Its a little drive off the highway but easy to get to . They have all kinds of great shops and German food.  We are going to try and go there this year with the Iowa retreat.  It a fun place to visit.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 116,335

Barbara:

Judy ,if you go across interstate 80  ,In  Iowa there is a place called Amana Farms  or something like that.  Its a little drive off the highway but easy to get to . They have all kinds of great shops and German food.  We are going to try and go there this year with the Iowa retreat.  It a fun place to visit.

Barbara, thank you so much for the suggestion. We won't be getting anywhere near Iowa on this trip. But I've put it in my folder for our next trip out to visit my sister in law. She lives in Bloomington, Illinois and that's where we'll be heading after leaving Branson. Our tentative plan is heading towards Memphis and then back roads up through Kentucky and to Bloomington. We fly home out of Bloomington. I wish we had a week or two to ramble about the Midwest, but that will have to wait for another time. By the way, George doesn't like taking back roads and prefers the Interstate. (Aaackk!) Since we're not pulling our trailer I've "informed" him that this trip, we are taking the back roads.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 7:37 AM

Judy ,you tell George thatis why you have a trailer ,so you can take the back roads ,LOL  Don and I loved doing that with ours. It got alittle hairy  sometimes ,but we saw some woderful things we never would have  on the main roads.  Next year when You head out if you are coming to the Midwest ,let me know  there are all kinds of shops in  Iowa ,kansas Ok, Mo ,that are just amazing.   Some great one in Texas as well . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,337
Points 414,644
gini replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 11:41 PM

judy, try to plan a stop in paducah and go to the quilt museum.   it is wonderful and i think george would enjoy it too. 

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 429
Points 8,695
Sabrina replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 8:04 PM

As much as I hate to, Jon and I will have to back out of this retreat. It just doesn't look like we'll get to take off work for this one. I was hoping to get to go, but with both of us working at the same place, it makes it hard for both of us to be off at the same time.

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,472
Points 24,135

Sabrina, I hate to hear this. I was looking forward to meeting you. Maybe another time, then.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 9:51 AM

Sabrinia sorry to hear this . Maybe next time.   You'll be missed . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 4:19 AM

Just a reminder everyone ,that money is due in Jan. I have already started to get money form some of you  thanks .I still have the checks as I want to take it all in at the same time. they are in a safe place. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,337
Points 414,644
gini replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 10:24 PM

Sabrina, I am sorry you are going to miss this retreat.   I was looking forward to seeing you again.

gini in north idaho

Page 39 of 84 (1250 items) «Prev3738394041Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use