This post has 61 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 12:55 PM

Barbara:
Wish I lived closer

I wish you lived on my way so I could pick you up and then you could ride with me.  I'm not close either but It would be great to have the company.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 1:37 PM

Mimi thank you for the nice offer , it would be fun. but sometimes we just can't always do what we want ,I'm afraid  this is one of those times . But I'll think of all of you and wish I was there ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 1,025
Sara Wall replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 10:19 AM

Nana and Barbara,

I wish you were coming to the Fall Frenzy. I think it's going to be a good one. We are really excited about adding a massage therapist visit because you know how your back hurts after working so hard, lol. I hope to see you both soon.

Nana and Barbara,

I'm really sorry you will not be able to attend the Fall Frenzy. We will miss you both. I think it's going to be a good week, especially with the massage therapist coming on Friday. You know how your back hurts after working so hard, lol.

Anyway, hope to see you both soon, take care.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,518
Points 30,875
Diana replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 5:39 AM

Sara,    I won't be able to attend the retreat but was wondering if I would be able to visit for a day since I live so close???  I'm flying out to Vegas on the 3rd  to attend a quilt shop hop so I had a conflicting commitment. ;)   I would love to see you all even if it was just for a few hours.  I'll even pay ya if I'm there for a meal. 

Thanks

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 1,025
Sara Wall replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 9:52 AM

Diana,

We would love to have you come by to visit. Bring your things and sew with us if you have time. If you'll let me know which day, I will make sure we have a little extra food (as if we wouldn't anyway, lol). The lodge address is 1280 Flat Creek Rd. Sevierville, Tn 37876 and my number is 615-268-7781.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,518
Points 30,875
Diana replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 6:46 AM

Hi Sara,    I'll be stopping in on Friday, Nov. 2 for a few hours.  I'm sure you'll have enough food but I'll pay ya for my share.  I'd love to see the ladies and you of course.   See you then.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 1,025
Sara Wall replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 3:05 PM

Can't wait to see you. I wish you could come for the whole week, but I understand. We will have plenty of food.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,725

woohoo, I found my Kindle!  I had a wonderful time this week.  Thank you all.  Mimi you are such an inspiration, thanks for your kindness and guidance, I would not be as enthusiastic about quilting if not for you.  Sara thank you for being such a gracious hostess and fabulous cook.  Kathy thanks for not beating me with a bat.  Janice, I love my napkin holder and Caroline you rock.  Diane, I will see you for Branson, thanks for stopping by.  Diannnnna, you are too funny, sorry bout that gremlin.  Faith, I hope you join us in June.  Mary, Mary, Mary, I love you.  We all need to send Mary hugs.  When we got back to her house, her cat was really sick.  We took BB to the emergency.  They phoned Mary Monday morning and told her he had passed.  Mary is so so sad.

Andrea

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 1:18 PM

HUGS Mary.   i'm sorry to hear about your kitty.

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 37
Points 765
Faith W replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 3:50 PM

Mary, I am soooooooooooo sorry about your baby.  ((((hugs)))

Faith

Faith - Hendersonville, NC

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 37
Points 765
Faith W replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 3:55 PM

YAY on your Kindle!!!!  I am soooooooo glad to have met all of you, and excuse my French, but ... damn you for getting me all juiced up about quilting!!!!  LOL  I watched a video on You-Tube about rag quilts, and although I don't consider it real quilting, it will get me using my sewing machine again.  I think I will be making one for my great grandson for Christmas and maybe my two younger granddaughters. 

When is it in June and what's the 411 on it?  If I do come, please don't laugh at my quilting or my pitiful little sewing machine!!!  Bahahahahahaha

Faith

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 4:33 PM

Oh no Faith.  I told you that once you caught the quilting disease it was incurable.  You are really stuck with this sickness now, girlfriend.  But I really enjoy dealing with my affliction. The only thing that helps me feel better is petting my lovely fabric.  LOL   Good luck with the new quilts you've planned.

Mary, dear Mary.  I was so sad to hear of your loss.  Fur babies give unconditional love and listen to all our woes and secrets and never reveal a thing. Quilty hugs to you

Andrea, glad you found your kindle. You are too kind.  You also inspire me.

Gini, congrats on the new grandbaby.

Diane-na-na I miss our talks.  You are so wise.

Nana, feel better soon.  I'm loving the new MQ 7.  How many fabrics would I need to add if I want to make this one bed sized?

Barbara, your WCQ is totally amazing.  You rock.

Okay I've waded through over 2000 emails from QCA.  Sorry I can't comment on everyone's great achievements. You all are inspirations to me.  Thanks for letting me lurk and for your support.

I'm almost back to normal (do I have a normal?) after a fantastic 3 days with my quilting friends.  Thanks Sara and Mike Wall for having us again.  Can't wait until the last week in June.  Smokey Mountain Mommas 2  WaaHoo!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,728
Points 437,065
Nana replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 10:40 PM

Andrea it is good to see you posting.  I really miss that Georgia peach sense of humor.  Don't you just love your kindle.

Mary....so sorry to hear about the loss of your furbaby.   I know how hard that is.  Big HUGS

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 37
Points 765
Faith W replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 5:48 PM

I did it!!!!  Went shopping at Joann's today and bought flannel for my great grandson's blanket, a ruler and rotary cutter.  I have a mat ... so let the fun begin!!!!!  There was a gal there that helped me with how she makes rag quilts, etc., and so now I'm confident that I can do this!!!  My first little monkey quilt!!!

Faith

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 6:36 PM

hi faith, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Page 4 of 5 (62 items) Prev12345Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use