rated by 0 users
This post has 48 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sun, Apr 8 2012 11:53 PM

Judy and Nancy,

Definitely not in the summer. I'm not ruling San Diego out if I can get my friends cabin or another friends beach house. I have a friend who rents out her home that lives in Mesa AZ. I heard from some that 2013 is best. So either the very beginning or the end would work best for Mesa. 

Still asking around, will keep,you all posted. 

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,495
Points 47,945
Frances replied on Mon, Apr 9 2012 6:07 AM

Annie,

I would be interested in coming, not this year though but 2013 i would love to come.

lots of love

Francesxx

England

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Mon, Apr 9 2012 9:15 AM

Francesxx,

Wow all the way from England. How exciting. My daughter lived in London for 3 years working at the Marriott. 

Just in the very beginning phases of planning retreat but I'll let you know what we find out. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,495
Points 47,945
Frances replied on Mon, Apr 9 2012 9:29 AM

Thanks Annie,

It would be wonderful to meet the people i converse with everyday, and maybe then i could keep Marlene out of trouble, since Nana seems to have some doubt whether thats possible.

lots of love

Francesxx

PS i dont live in London i live about 30miles away, London way too busy for this little girl.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Shoot - I am going to have to miss this one.  Now that I am working, I can't just pick up and go like I used to.  :o( 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Apr 10 2012 8:47 PM

Remember that this is still months away, Marge.  How long do you think you'll have to have worked there before you can nicely ask for certain times off?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 340
Kathy replied on Tue, Apr 10 2012 10:08 PM

This would be great, Mesa is a great place for the retreat, several quilt shops here, and Patrick Loose!  Phoenix is very quilt friendly and the AZ quilt show is in March.  Let me know if I can help, I live outside of Phoenix/Mesa.  I would love to attend.

Kathy

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,495
Points 47,945
Frances replied on Tue, Apr 10 2012 11:16 PM

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Shoot - I am going to have to miss this one.  Now that I am working, I can't just pick up and go like I used to.  :o( 

No Marge,

You cant miss this one i want to meet you and its possibly my only chance, tell work its a family emergency all of us are like family and its an emergency for you to come.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Problem is that Dave and I usually plan two get aways every year and Karen doesn't like to give anyone more than two weeks off a year.  I think if I flew off to Arizona and used up one of those weeks, Dave would rebel. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 185
Beth replied on Sun, Apr 15 2012 9:25 PM

I'm a new QCA member. I live in New Mexico, and would love to come to a retreat in AZ.  If the dates work out for my job, I can come. It sounds like you'll be keeping the costs down, which I appreciate.

Beth

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Tue, Apr 17 2012 8:50 AM

Kathy:
This would be great, Mesa is a great place for the retreat, several quilt shops here, and Patrick Loose!  Phoenix is very quilt friendly and the AZ quilt show is in March.  Let me know if I can help, I live outside of Phoenix/Mesa.  I would love to attend.

Kathy, do you know of any places we can rent?  I have a friend in Mesa area that rents out her house, but it can only sleep 8 and it's $2000 for the week. I don't know if that's a deal or not.... we could get some comfy blow up mattresses,????  We can plan for March and combine it with the quilt show, too.

• Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 340
Kathy replied on Tue, Apr 17 2012 5:22 PM

I just moved here and I know there are lots of empty homes.  There are plenty of hotels as well.  Let me ask the local quilt guild and see what suggestions I can come up with. 

Kathy

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 11:11 AM

I couldn't make the Smoky Mountain retreat this year because of the cost of gas and everything else that came up in my life, but I might be able to make a Southwest retreat as I live in Western Nevada (Reno Area).  I'd be interested so please keep us informed.  If anyone is interested I'd also consider Oregon, Washington (I was too late for the Leavenworth Retreat), Idaho, Montana or Utah).  I really would like to attend one of these retreats and I feel like I know most of you already so it wouldn't be like going to a retreat with strangers.

I think late fall 2012 or early spring 2013 would be a great time.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 11:15 AM

I think Northern California would be a good option also...there are some really beautiful areas around the Northern California and I'm sure there are lot's of places to rent for a week.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 185
Beth replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 9:38 PM

All of these options sound great to me, though AZ is more realistic for me because of the expense. Annie, have you checked out VRBO.com? There are lots of options and the comments from prior renters seem very helpful. Just a suggestion.

Beth

Page 3 of 4 (49 items) Prev1234Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use