Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,060
Jacy replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 2:56 PM

Donna B:
a pic of Jacy's Row

Donna B:
(Hope she likes it!!??!!)

Gee, now how am I going to sleep, I'll be laying awake at night wondering what on earth Donna put on my row!

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 8:35 PM

You will like it!   You've got less than 2 months to go before it is revealed!   So get some sleep.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 9:34 PM

Jacy:
Gee, now how am I going to sleep, I'll be laying awake at night wondering what on earth Donna put on my row!

Jacy, I DO hope you like it!!! 

I don't know about you, but I am having a little trouble picturing some of these rows together in one quilt...at least  the ones that I have seen (not just yours).  It may be the cameras, but to me some of the colors just don't look like they will blend well together.  I hope I am wrong and that it is just the cameras!!!  I think the trick will be in the sashing and borders.

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 10:38 PM

Donna B:
I think the trick will be in the sashing and borders.

Yeah, it's kind of hard to pack whatever we might need to finish our row quilts at the retreat until we actually get to see the new rows.  I was thinking of making a few additional rows for myself so the quilt will be big enough to be useful, but then I thought I couldn't really determine the kinds of block designs, applique shapes, or even colors to use until I see what I'm getting from others.  The suspense is killing me!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 11:07 PM

I am bringing all the left over scraps of fabric used on the rows I have done, to go with the rows so the "owner" will have an easier time making additional rows or sashing to help transition between the rows.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 10:37 AM

Patti:

I am bringing all the left over scraps of fabric used on the rows I have done, to go with the rows so the "owner" will have an easier time making additional rows or sashing to help transition between the rows.

I am doing the same thing. 

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 10:58 AM

Patti:

Me too, but in most cases it isn't very much (left over I mean).  Oh, lightbulb moment:  You could do scrappy blocks from these and work them in with the sashings (Nana must be getting to me here...lol)!

I can see it now...all of us will be rushing into the quilt store for sashing material as soon as we get our rows!  I'll admit I am getting excited to see what you all have come up with for my rows too!!!  But we will all just have to be patient and wait till Sept. 30th!

Winthrop, WA

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045
lcqultr46 replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 12:59 PM

I'm also bringing left over scraps for blending sashing and such from all the rows I've done. The rows I've seen are beautiful and all look like they'll go together. I just keep second guessing myself and have now done two rows each for three different people because I'm afraid the first rows might not be right. And I've got several different sashings picked out for my farmyard theme so pretty much anything will work with the row(s!) that I've done for myself. It will be so nice when Sept. 30th is here and we get to see what everyone's come up with.

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 4:44 PM

Donna B:
I can see it now...all of us will be rushing into the quilt store for sashing material as soon as we get our rows!

Oh, Dee won't like that at all.  LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 7:41 PM

lcqultr46:
I just keep second guessing myself and have now done two rows each for three different people because I'm afraid the first rows might not be right.

NO WAY!!!  You've done two rows each for three different people???  You are definitely over-thinking this!!!  I personally would/will love anything you could possibly do for my quilt...no kidding!  I am sure everyone will be more than pleased to just have one row made by you. (And, don't think about making us choose...no way!)   I love your log cabin blocks with the itty bitty rows.  I only wish I could do those...

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 7:43 PM

MNnancy:
Oh, Dee won't like that at all.  LOL

Yea, right!  She will be counting the money into the wee hours (maybe she will spot some gremlins while she is at it...lol).

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 7:51 PM

lcqultr46:
And I've got several different sashings picked out for my farmyard theme so pretty much anything will work with the row(s!) that I've done for myself.

So, now I need to start looking in my stash for anything that might work for sashing for my quilt - which I have only seen 20% of?  Since it is to be a Northwoods Quilt, I guess I can go with that idea and pull a few possibilities.  But, since I live out in "no-man's" land with infrequent opportunities to visit quilt shops (especially without DH), I think I will probably end up making use of what is available at Dee's...LOL!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 8:57 PM

Donna, do you think you can top Nana and Kris's purchases of last year?  I know Dee will bow at their feet when she sees them!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 10:29 PM

This must be the one of the reasons they can keep the group rates so reasonable.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 10:59 PM

MNnancy:

Donna, do you think you can top Nana and Kris's purchases of last year.  I know Dee will bow at their feet when she sees them!

Not me!  I am too thrifty for my own good!  I am always looking for sales...except when I really need something specific and need it right now...lol. Unfortunately, I am still in the "I can remember when fabric was $2.99 a yard" mode.  I really need to suck it up and just get past that.  I am getting better, but still have my moments...  (My DH would say I got past that about 5 years ago...lol!)

Winthrop, WA

Page 16 of 18 (262 items) «Prev1415161718Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use