2012 Leavenworth Row Quilt

rated by 0 users
This post has 261 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Thu, May 17 2012 7:12 AM

That's a good idea, too.  I also ended up with two extra blocks - better to have extra than to end up short!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Thu, May 17 2012 7:17 PM

Jacy, JudyEE, and Lisa I PM'd you my row for Nana  

: - )

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 287
Points 4,435

lcqultr46:

I know we have until Apr 30th to post our row but I wanted to get this done before the MQVI instructions started. I may through on a few more chickens and a sheep or two but it's basically done enough to show colors and theme. Lisa, have you decided on a theme yet?

JudyEE -- Down on the Farm Row Quilt

Wow.  Beautiful work.  I need a lot more experience before I can do that. Love, love, love your work :-)

Deb from Mall of America Land

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 287
Points 4,435

Donna B:

I

Patti:

Looks like I have Donna's row to do this month.  Her theme is Northwoods, as is the block exchange.  So I will start on some blocks for her, and if they don't go well with her row, I will have some blocks for the exchange. 

Donna, you do such beautiful landscape quilts.  Are you working on a landscape row?

Hi Patti, I just posted my row last night in the "theme" thread.  Sorry it took me so long! (Seems like I am always apologizing for being late)  Nope, not a real landscape row.  I took the quick (?) and easy way and did a silhouette row (from a pattern).  Truth be told, it was not as easy as I thought it would be and with other things happening around here, I was lucky to get it this far along by now.  I hope to add some thread painting to it in the summer.  But, I am not sure... that may detract from the silhouette. Any thoughts and/or opinions???  (I posted the pic again here for reference only...see "theme" thread for comments on the color distortion.)

As I said there, anything in the Northwoods style will work great for me...

Is the block exchange still happening?  I thought it had gone away with the advent of the row quilts for those that joined in...

Donna, that makes me feel like I am in the northern woods in Minnesota when the northern lights are showing.  Beautiful.

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 287
Points 4,435

Patti:

The block exchange is more like a "cookie exchange."  Bring as many blocks as you want to exchange with whoever else brings blocks.  It is entirely optional and many have opted not to do it.  I don't know if I will get any done, but I have some great patterns I would like to try. 

I like your silhouette.  And I already know what I am doing to go with it.  I have part of it drawn out already.   I found the perfect fabric in my stash. 

I won't say anymore.

Just wanted to add I am doing the block exchange.  I like that idea,seeing and sharing with others like me. But this is fun, too, seeing what row quilts are like. Cool. I feel like a junior high kid seeing what the senior high kids are up to :-)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 287
Points 4,435

Elizabeth:

OK!  I got it mostly done.  I will be adding more fish in that orange. y color

Gorgeous.  Looks like a lot of work. It is going to be so fun to see them at the retreat.  Can't wait :-)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045
lcqultr46 replied on Tue, May 22 2012 12:23 PM

MNgutsygal :
I need a lot more experience before I can do that

Thanks Deb, but like I told you last year, it's just simple log cabin blocks and you can do it.

I'm also planning on bringing extra blocks, (practice ones so you may not want them), for those rows I make for others along with extra fabric.

And I'm bringing some blocks for the block exchange. Are we still talking about Northwoods theme?

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, May 22 2012 3:17 PM

Nana, I sent you a friends request...need to send you Elizabeth's row picture. 

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, May 22 2012 3:24 PM

lcqultr46:

MNgutsygal :
I need a lot more experience before I can do that

Thanks Deb, but like I told you last year, it's just simple log cabin blocks and you can do it.

I'm also planning on bringing extra blocks, (practice ones so you may not want them), for those rows I make for others along with extra fabric.

And I'm bringing some blocks for the block exchange. Are we still talking about Northwoods theme?

Hi Judy EE

You do such a beautiful job on log cabin blocks, have you thought about doing a class at the Leavenworth Retreat?  I, for one would love some pointers (I seem to have major problems with them).  Maybe others would be interested also!

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,735
Nana replied on Tue, May 22 2012 4:10 PM

Nancy, Maggie, and Lisa

Did you get the pic of Patti's row quilt that I sent.   It is tacked onto the end of the message Nancy sent because I couldn't pull all of you up at the same time and was lazy....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, May 22 2012 7:29 PM

Patti, MNancy, & Nana - I think you have received my May row picture for Elizabeth's Row Quilt by now. 

I have a question about the next 3 months - do we send pictures only to those that will be working on that quilt the following months or everyone that has/will work on that quilt?

For example:  In June, I will be doing a row for Gini.  When finished do I send a picture to:  Patti(July)  & MNancy(Aug)  OR  Patti, MNancy, and Elizabeth(May).

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,735
Nana replied on Tue, May 22 2012 11:32 PM

Donna

I have sent a pic to everyone that will be working on one of the rows.  That way we all have an idea of what everyone has done and can build from that instead of possibly duplicating.   All the rows that I have seen so far are fantastic.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,735
Nana replied on Tue, May 22 2012 11:33 PM

Donna

I am supposed to do your row next in line,  Boy have I had a hard to time deciding what I want to do for yours.  The row you have done is amazing.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, May 23 2012 10:32 AM

Nana:

Donna

I am supposed to do your row next in line,  Boy have I had a hard to time deciding what I want to do for yours.  The row you have done is amazing.

Nana,  don't knock yourself out about this.  You do such amazing piece work, I think anything you do will be great! (FYI, a little secret:  accurate piecing is my biggest challenge...LOL.)

Winthrop, WA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 510
Points 6,035
Lisa replied on Wed, May 23 2012 4:25 PM

Hello Everyone

Sorry it has been so long for me to be back on line but I have had alot of problems with this surgey. If Im up it is only for a few min at a time I have not been able to do amy sewing as of yet. I still want to do the row quilt so please let me know where we are at and I will try and get caught up I know the first row we are to to for others should be done the end of this month. maybe I can skip this one and send the finished row to the next person on the list and then do this row after everyone else so I dont put everyone behind. If you think that will work let me know. I should be able to keep up starting with the june rows. I will try and get on line everyother day or so as sitting is not fun for more then a few min at a time.  I will check with everyone again tomarrow.

Thanks Lisa

• Post Points: 65
Page 12 of 18 (262 items) «Prev1011121314Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use