Smoky Mountains Fall Retreat?

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden Posted: Wed, Feb 29 2012 10:34 AM

I spoke with Sara this week and we discussed having another Smoky Mountains retreat at her cabin in the Fall. It's beautiful here then. We could do it the end of September-beginning of October. It could be a shorter time, 4 days 3 nights, or the same 6 night week as the June retreat. Folks could also feel free to move their reservation if June is too soon/busy/hot/whatever. What do you all think? Anyone interested in a Fall retreat here?

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 10:46 AM

Mary There are two other retreats going on that time that you suggested, You might want to change the timeframe. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Will look closer. It's hard to tell without the dates in the subject of the main retreat posts. Is there a calendar in this site?

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 305
Points 5,880
Aleta replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 11:23 AM

I posted this earlier but for some reason it isn't showing up here: 

Yes, I'm definitely interested!  I'd prefer 4 days 3 nights, but I'm willing to go with what everyone else would like.  Either of those dates (end of Sep, beg of Oct) work for me, but I think the beg. of Oct would give us a better chance of seeing some Fall leaf color while we're there!

I see the other comments about other stuff going on at that same time frame.  Also, my husband just reminded me that we had talked about going to New Orleans to the AARP Convention the end of Sep., but I kind of dread that long drive, plus with the price of gas getting so high . . ..       Well, I'd rather do this retreat.   

I'm open to further discussion about this!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 565

I would definately be interested in a 4 day and 3 night retreat in the fall.  My youngest son is getting married in 2 weeks and we have to help move his new  wife to Kansas where he is stationed at Fort Riley so money will be tight for us through the summer but by this fall I should have everything settled where I might be able to afford to go. I would love to come to the Smoky Mountains in the fall. I love it there.

Angi

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 1,025
Sara Wall replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 11:24 AM

The dates for the Fabulous Fall Fiber Frenzy have finally been set. They are Nov. 1-4 with early check-in possible on Wednesday, October 31. It will take place at The Lodge at Douglas Lake in Sevierville and is open to fiber artists of all types. The cost is $145 if you arrive after lunch on Thursday, $190 if you arrive on Wednesday and includes ALL MEALS. This is a special introductory price and will never be this low again for lodging and food. All you have to do is come and quilt, knit, crochet, or whatever you want to do! Spaces are limited to 27 and a deposit of $50 will hold your space until Sept. 30. If you are interested in signing up or receiving more info, please email me at sarawall@comcast.net or post on this discussion.   

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

I have begun a thread for this retreat, Sara. Let me know if I can do anything to help. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 1,025
Sara Wall replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 4:34 PM

Could you post it on Ravalry and the other websites you mentioned?

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Will do

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use