2012 Pacific Northwest Quilt Retreat, Leavenworth, WA Sept 30-October 5.

rated by 0 users
This post has 866 Replies | 29 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 297
Points 4,555

Kris:

Nana:

Kris

How far are you from the airport?  Luckily I am only about 10 minutes from ours.  My first flight is at 7:30am.   Which airline are you flying?

THe airport is 1.5 hrs away and my flight leaves at 630. I have to be there 1.5 hours before the flight. Sucks for DH driving back.

My husband would NEVER do that! You have a good man!

Deb from Mall of America Land

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 12:15 PM

deb, if they get her on the antivirals right away, it helps contain the outbreak,   i hope she doesn't have them.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 12:19 PM

i don't remember kris's itinerary.  but spokane isn't a dirct flight from most areas and often we fly to seattle to get direct flights from there, especially coming from the east coast.   i think it depends on where your airline's hub is located.   sometimes, going to the south, the hub is in denver.  she is scheduled to spend the night in the hotel with maggie and nana in spokane.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 12:20 PM

donna, we kicked them out the door about an hour ago, sam sent them over Hyw. 20. hows the smoke.   it is clearing out here. 

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 1:09 PM

Just a question girls,

On NCIS they mention prisoners escaping from Leavenworth, is this the same Leavenworth, is there something you need to tell us, and do i need to start the Free the Leavenworth Quilters campaign.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Frances:

Just a question girls,

On NCIS they mention prisoners escaping from Leavenworth, is this the same Leavenworth, is there something you need to tell us, and do i need to start the Free the Leavenworth Quilters campaign.

lots of love

Francesxx

Nope, that would be Leavenworth, Kansas a federal prison

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,025
Points 369,867
Kris replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 1:17 PM

Patti:

Kris, I thought you were going to Spokane?

I am Patti, by way of Seattle. I got here earlier than my originally booked flight so I have a four hour layover. I just had some food then I'm going to the massage bar for 30 minutes.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 1:19 PM

Spudgrandma:

Frances:

Just a question girls,

lots of love

Francesxx

Nope, that would be Leavenworth, Kansas a federal prison

Thank god for that i was just starting to plan the escape.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,025
Points 369,867
Kris replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 1:20 PM

MNgutsygal :
Oh, like that response. Mom just went to the clinic, she thinks she might have shingles. Egad, I hope not. Dad and I have had shingles. Nasty. And of course she will still come :-)

I hope she's OK. I hear shingles are a bear.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,674
Points 179,313
Marie replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 1:34 PM

Kris, is Pat with you or is the Branson one she's going to?

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,100

I just returned.  It is definately Shingles.  Everyone at the Urgent care just took one look and said it is definately Shingles.  It is on my forehead so they can't miss it.  The doctor said I can still go to the retreat but to stay away from children since they might not have been vacinated, and anyone with extremely compromised immune systems.  So maybe I'll need my place next to the wall where I was last year.  I have to take the anti-viral med 5 times a day.  Since it only began yesterday pm, they think I'll get better fast.  Doc said to keep the stress down. ;o) I may have to take a little space in the fridge for a two ot three bottles of Kefir, and sour cherry juice to go with the meds.

We plan to leave around 8 am tomorrow morning.  I think it is about a 3 hour trip.  Deb will drive our car.  I was sooo worried when I thought it was Shingles that I'd have to miss the retreat, but thank God I don't. 

Now back to the packing.  ;-)  Can't wait to see everyone.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,912
Points 124,870

Donna B:
Oh, and as for a name, the only thing that came to my mind was the "Yodeling Quilters"...how lame is that!  I am sure someone will come up with something better (at least I hope so)...

Cascade Cuties? Mountain Mama's? 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 310
Points 7,270
lcqultr46 replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 2:28 PM

Kris:
I just had some food then I'm going to the massage bar for 30 minutes.

That sounds like fun Kris, great way to relax! Let me know if you get hung up in Seattle, as an Alaska Airlines retiree, I have connections and my car knows the way to the airport real well after seventeen years.

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 2:29 PM

Frances:
Thank god for that i was just starting to plan the escape

we'd love to have you come rescue us anyway.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 2:30 PM

Hmmm.   I kind of like Mountain Mamas.  

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 50
Page 55 of 58 (867 items) «Prev5354555657Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use