2012 Pacific Northwest Quilt Retreat, Leavenworth, WA Sept 30-October 5.

rated by 0 users
This post has 866 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 10:37 PM

Had a fun day with my son today.  They will bring me up Sunday after church.  Should be in Leavenworth around 2.  

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,100

Deb and I have been planning all week.  Had a shopping trip to JoAnns with a Stone Colld Creamery Ice cream thrown in a couple of days ago. ;o)  I have decided on one UFO and one ongoing project that I was working on last year, my big king quilt with topic of "things I love".

We are going to miss Judy and Wendy.  We look forward to meeting Spud whom we have heard so much about, and the other newbies.

We plan to leave Sunday morning so hope to meet up with some of you around noonish, if not a little before.  I'm thinking it is about a 3 hour drive from here, but don't remember for sure.  So many things to pull together.  Deb has been cooking special things for her Dad to enjoy while we are gone.

We have to watch our granddaughter, and Deb's niece play Soccer for an hour or so tomorrow and also plan to fill up with gas.  At this point I feel panic.  Can we pull it all together on time and not forget something major?  Well, I guess we'll soon see.  Safe travels everyone.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,362
Points 415,009
gini replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 11:29 PM

bertie, the only thing major is you and deb.  anything else, you can beg borrow or buy.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,362
Points 415,009
gini replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 11:33 PM

nancy and randy made it to sandpoint safe and sound.  they're off to donna's tomorrow, with sam's directions.

one more day, then we're off to the races

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,488
Points 362,222
Kris replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 1:21 AM

Nana:

Kris

How far are you from the airport?  Luckily I am only about 10 minutes from ours.  My first flight is at 7:30am.   Which airline are you flying?

THe airport is 1.5 hrs away and my flight leaves at 630. I have to be there 1.5 hours before the flight. Sucks for DH driving back.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,488
Points 362,222
Kris replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 1:22 AM

I'm flying United and Alaska Airlines.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,488
Points 362,222
Kris replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 7:36 AM

On flight to Seattle. All my flights changed when I got to the airport. I'm now on Delta.

My original flight was delayed 2.5 hours so they had to do a ticket reissue. We're flying over Milwaukee right now. The wifi on the plane is not very good. Just over three hours until we land.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 8:39 AM

Kris, I thought you were going to Spokane?

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 9:20 AM

Kris are they going to fly you into Spokane then?    Leaving for airport now  will have phone on for anther 2 hours then off till I get to Spokane.   Hope to see you later today. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 10:57 AM

Maggie:

Kris are they going to fly you into Spokane then?    Leaving for airport now  will have phone on for anther 2 hours then off till I get to Spokane.   Hope to see you later today. 

Hopefully they are!!!  I just checked and AlaskaAir has multiple flights  today with open seats still available.  If not, maybe Judy E could pick her up on the way.

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 11:03 AM

I am just about packed, need to do a little touch-up on the house today before Nancy and Randy arrive this afternoon.  I am so excited about them coming for the night on the way to Leavenworth.  I haven't heard, but no doubt they had a great time at Gini's last night!  My little sewing area doesn't compare to Gini's studio...in many ways (lol) so doubt Nancy will be too impressed with that.  I am getting excited!!!!  Time is almost here that we will all be together and giving each other real {{{hugs}}}.  YAY!

Oh, and as for a name, the only thing that came to my mind was the "Yodeling Quilters"...how lame is that!  I am sure someone will come up with something better (at least I hope so)...

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,820
Frances replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 11:18 AM

Hi Everyone,

I hope you all have a safe trip, and most of all have a great time.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

All this talk abt packing and I have not started and I leave for my sons' tomorrow. I have started gathering but not actually packing. I am getting excited to meet all of you, see you on Mon.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 287
Points 4,435

Nana:

MNgutsygal :
Wish we could all go to ALL retreats!

Deb

I tried really hard this year.  I only missed the Ohio and Iowa retreats...LOL

Awesome. I want to hear all about them when I see you.

Deb from Mall of America Land

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 287
Points 4,435

gini:

bertie, the only thing major is you and deb.  anything else, you can beg borrow or buy.

Oh, like that response. Mom just went to the clinic, she thinks she might have shingles. Egad, I hope not. Dad and I have had shingles. Nasty. And of course she will still come :-)

Deb from Mall of America Land

• Post Points: 50
Page 54 of 58 (867 items) «Prev5253545556Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use