2012 Pacific Northwest Quilt Retreat, Leavenworth, WA Sept 30-October 5.

rated by 0 users
This post has 866 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 283
Points 4,415

Barbara:

To all the retreaters in Washington ,form the Retreat ladies in Iowa, have a fun and safe retreat ,and we will look foward to seeing your reports .. The Iowa gals

Thanks, Barbara.  Wish we could all go to ALL retreats! That would awesome!

Deb from Mall of America Land

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 1:01 PM

MNgutsygal :
Wish we could all go to ALL retreats!

Deb

I tried really hard this year.  I only missed the Ohio and Iowa retreats...LOL

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,035
Points 169,758
Marie replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 1:52 PM

Everyone going to the LeavenWorth retreat, have a fun and safe trip.  Can't wait to get the lowdown on what's going on from day to day there!

Barbara, I am currently working on the backing of the quilt I'll be sending you.  When you get home from retreat, it'll be ready to mail to you.  PM me if I need to send more than the top, backing and fabric for the binding.  Have fun and keep in touch.

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 3:07 PM

Thank you.   Just printed my Boardng Pass -- never thought I'd say those words.     My bag and backpack are full and ready to go.   The plane only has about 8 empty seats and luckily so far, one of them is next to me.     I decided not to take my laptop but I can read the boards on my phone but can't post.  

Everyone at VValnut Place have a great time -- maybe we could have some kind of cross-country rivalry.

Has anyone thought of a good name for our thread for the retreat?    

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 8:25 PM

Well just took my night time handful of pills.  Hope to be able to go to sleep early tonight...LOL>  Have to be up at 5am to get to the airport.   Woohoo...be there soon.  Everything is packed and ready to go.  I will see Maggie and Kris tomorrow...see the rest of you Sunday.  Everyone still on the road have safe travels.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,108
Points 110,275

Good travels everyone on the road or in the air. Nancy, I envy you the car trip across country. I love road travel. 

Remember, ladies, I'm going to be virtually with you and working on projects next week. I'm looking forward to the reports and pictures. Post LOTS and LOTS.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 9:29 PM

Judy

You will need to post pics of you working on your projects too.  Then we can at least have you virtually at retreat.  Gonna miss you lady.  It is a shame you can't come and spend a day with us.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,802
Points 352,077
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 9:30 PM

Nana:
 I will see Maggie and Kris tomorrow...see the rest of you Sunday.

Oh Yeah. I'm about to get off work. I'll go pack then we'll be heading to the airport at 3AM!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 9:39 PM

Kris

How far are you from the airport?  Luckily I am only about 10 minutes from ours.  My first flight is at 7:30am.   Which airline are you flying?

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 9:40 PM

Kris, I hope you are able to sleep on the plane.       Can hardly wait to see you & Nana in Spokane tomorrow.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 9:47 PM

Maggie

I wish I could go to sleep right now.  But my mind is going ninety miles an hour.  Even took my sleeping pill and it hasn't even made me a little drowsy.  Too excited I guess.

I am so anxious to meet all the new ones coming this year and being able to finally meet Spud is a dream come true for me.  Spud was one of the first people I talked to when I joined QCA.  I just love her sense of humor and have really missed seeing her on site.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 9:49 PM

Nancy

Lewis is envious of your road trip thru the northern states.  He was telling me this evening that he thinks that would be a beautiful drive.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 9:59 PM

Woo hoo, are we getting excited or what.  Got to work this morning, to several requests, and news that Medicare may drop in on us as early as Monday.  So lots to complete today.  For the  fist time I did pass off something to the new secretary, and after I had accomplished a couple things that were late for the federal website, there was a message that it would be down for a while to resolve some problems.   Awww, ain't that too bad!  Can't say I didn't try!  Still put in 7 hours today, and that was after nearly 50 the first four days. Told everyone at work I could only be contacted next week if medicare showed up.

Then did some grocery shopping so DH would have something to eat, to the bank, and then home.  Too busy for lunch so the Friday evening wine has had an effect. Will call quilter's heaven tomorrow. 

I am soooooo ready for this.  At least mentally.  Haven't done any packing yet, just thought about it.  And I still have some rows to finish.  But I will be home all day tomorrow, so I can just sew and pack.   May stop at JoAnns and Costco Sunday morning, but then to Leavenworth.  Whoopie!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 10:11 PM

I think I may have decided what to sew on.  Baby quilts, row quilt, and maybe my pickles cartoon fabric, and lots of fractures.  Bought some great fish fabric for the fractures.  I at least have to bring the pickles fabric for everyone to laugh at.  See  you soon!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 10:27 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one not packed!

I went to Costco today and now my family will be stocked with groceries while I'm gone and hopefully a few left for when I get home. I wonder how many bowls of cereal they can eat with 8 gallons of milk?

Tomorrow I'm not driving anyone anywhere, no matter how much they whine or beg. Just staying home to catch up the laundry and pack my stuff.

Safe travels everyone, I can't hardly wait!

Page 53 of 58 (867 items) «Prev5152535455Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use