2012 Pacific Northwest Quilt Retreat, Leavenworth, WA Sept 30-October 5.

rated by 0 users
This post has 866 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 307
Points 4,710

Nana:

We will all be standing out on the curb waving fabric....that is if I can actually get to any fabric.   Right now it is all packed really tightly into the suitcase....LOL>

LOL.

Deb

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 311
Points 7,270
lcqultr46 replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 12:05 PM

Patti:
Can anyone else bring an extra? 

Patti, I'm bringing two machines, my Elna Lotus and Singer 301 featherweight, both are very easy to use and I'm happy using either one if someone would rather not use the older Singer. I have plenty of room in my car, it's just me so I can load up with any extras. I will also throw in my flannel backed table cloth that I use for a design board.

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,325
Points 388,267
Kris replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 12:24 PM

Spudgrandma:

I am really looking forward to the retreat. I cannot wait to meet you all. I will see you on Monday, not sure what to bring - maybe I will bring something small or maybe I will just visit and get to know you all. See you soon! Hugs Hugs Hugs to all

Spud! It's so good to see your post. I can't wait to finally meet you. I'm bringing one embroidery project. I don't get much sewing done at these retreats (not a bad thing).

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 510
Points 6,035
Lisa replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 1:00 PM

Hi Everyone

Sorry I have not been online with everyone but I have good and bad days and have been sick all week and not out of bed but am feeling better today so I hope it is all up hill from today. I will need to finish my rows for everyone at the retreat my michine has not even been turned on in months with all the back problems I have had but I will get them finished there. My husband and I will be there on saturday so I can still hand out keys for Patti on sunday. My husband and I are trying to figure out what he will be doing that week now with the fires going on he was hiking and camping while Im at the retreat but all the trails and campsites he had permits for have been closed so I will be checking to see if I can find a hotel room for him that week if not Im not sure what we will do yet but I will be at the retreat. If its not one thing its another I wish I could just have one good day without hurting being sick or something else happiningh and that will be this coming week at the retreat I have been looking forward to this all year. See every soon take care.            LISA

• Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,805
Nana replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 2:24 PM

Lisa

I am so sorry that you have had such a rough time this summer.  I hope that you will start feeling better really soon.  See you Sunday.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,805
Nana replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 2:27 PM

Donna

The pics of Leavenworth and Methow Valley are really clear today.  Hope whatever blew the smoke out keeps it that way.  Looking good.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,225
Points 41,860
Donna B replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 3:07 PM

Nana:

Donna

The pics of Leavenworth and Methow Valley are really clear today.  Hope whatever blew the smoke out keeps it that way.  Looking good.

Hip, Hip, Horray!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,225
Points 41,860
Donna B replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 3:13 PM

Lisa, so glad to hear you are coming!  I hope you are really up to sitting and quilting all week.  But, you can always go lie down for awhile if you need to! 

You will not have any problems getting a motel room in Leavenworth for DH...there should be plenty, if he wants one.  DS #2, just changed his plans from the Enchantments to Mt. Baker area (Hannigan Pass/ Whatcom Pass route).  You might let him know the North Cascades are pretty clear in the high country...north of Hwy 20.

Winthrop, WA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 3:31 PM

Donna B:
FYI, we had a strong west wind blow through last night and early this morning that scoured most of the smoke out of our valley.

Yay, you are so right, Donna!  The valley looks great this morning and it is a very nice change.  Hopefully the wind didn't present problems for the firefighters.

I haven't been on here to post for quite awhile but have tried to keep up to date on this thread.  I get a kick out of everyone's excitement of the upcoming retreat but I keep saying to myself that things need to move a bit slower right now as I am really not ready to go.  I guess I have 4 1/2 days to get my act together and be ready when Donna B and Jan pick me up Sunday morning.

I have made a few exchange blocks and want to get more done, haven't packed a thing, really don't know what I want to work on.  I will probably bring some of the Lazy Maizy pre-cut kits like I did last year and at least get the blocks sewn.  They are all unwashed so I could go shopping at Dee's for sashings, etc but in all truth, I do not need any more fabric.  Have been refolding and arranging fabric in the closets and it is embarrassing to say the least.

Gini, I would like to be included in the Celtic Knot class - I just knew I had the 1/4" bias binding tool but can only find the 1/2" and 3/4" ones and they are still in their packages so not really sure what the scoop is on the 1/4" one.  Need to pick out some background and bias fabrics for that.

Also may bring one or two of the BOM's like Kris was working on last year.  My experience with the BOM was similar to your's, Kris.  After receiving the totally wrong BOM for July, I just told them to send the balance to me as they were so screwed up in getting them to me. It was a different shop than the one you went through but it was very frustrating. Really would like to get them finished up so they can be displayed each month in a timely fashion.

Better get off of here and get back to the exhange blocks.  I am so looking forward to the unveiling of the Row quilts on Sunday night.  These are so much fun to do but I am so glad I decided not to join as I would not have gotten them done in time.  For once I used my common sense for a change.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 3:35 PM

Spudgrandma:
I am really looking forward to the retreat. I cannot wait to meet you all.

It is indeed wonderful to see your sparkling post on the thread.  So looking forward to meeting you.  It will make the retreat more special  by having you be able to join us this year. 

Hugs,

MargeP

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 3:38 PM

Lisa:
Sorry I have not been online with everyone but I have good and bad days

Lisa - so happy to hear that you will be joining us - even if you don't get to sit and sew all the time, you will be there and we can visit with you.  Sounds like you have had a pretty rough summer and I am sorry that happened.  Hopefully the end result of the surgeries will be pain free days and nights and better mobility.

Take it easy and don't overdue this week. See you soon!

Marge P

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 3:41 PM

Kris:
I don't get much sewing done at these retreats (not a bad thing).

Kris - that is why we get such great pictures cause you give up your sewing time to take them.  Taking the pictures of the row quilts will be extra fun for you I am sure.

See you soon.

MargeP

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 3:53 PM

CaliforniaGal:
Well, as it sit here,  leg in cast,  up on a stool,  I'm realizing that I'm just not going to be able to make it to the retreat.

So sorry, Cheryl, that you won't be able to join us.  Maybe next year will work out better for you and you will be able to come and meet this great bunch of ladies.

Looking forward to meeting Maggie and Elizabeth - sounds like you two are all ready packed and ready to go.  I guess I need some of your energy....or something!

I have lost track, is Judy T from Bellingham coming?  I know there was the reunion with girlfriends that was at the same time.  I enjoyed both Judy's last year so hope they both will be there this year. I know I will miss Wendy, Patti Mac and Marcie. 

Wendy, hope you are feeling better and are on the mend.

It will be much fun seeing all of last year's participants along with the new ones.  Really better get to the sewing room or I will be burning the midnight oil more than usual.

MargeP

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,325
Points 388,267
Kris replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 4:07 PM

Lisa:
Sorry I have not been online with everyone but I have good and bad days and have been sick all week and not out of bed but am feeling better today so I hope it is all up hill from today.

Lisa,

I hope it's uphill for you as well. I'm sorry you've had such a rough go of it but I'm glad you'll be with us. See you soon.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,325
Points 388,267
Kris replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 4:08 PM

Marge P:
Kris - that is why we get such great pictures cause you give up your sewing time to take them.  Taking the pictures of the row quilts will be extra fun for you I am sure.

Could be Marge. I'm really just happy to be with everyone. Sewing was never at the top of my priority list. This week at work is going much too slowly.

Page 49 of 58 (867 items) «Prev4748495051Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2016 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.