2012 Pacific Northwest Quilt Retreat, Leavenworth, WA Sept 30-October 5.

rated by 0 users
This post has 866 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,613
Points 418,159
gini replied on Fri, Aug 24 2012 1:14 PM

Elizabeth:

Oh I forgot, will be bringing my ipad is there free wifi?

i believe there is.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,100

Yes, there is WiFi.  I know because Deb brought her I Pad last year and we both used it.

I haven't written much.  I've had some real trouble with my left hip and had a lot of pain and medical appointments.  I start four weeks of Physical Therapy next Tuesday. (Twice a week) so should be fine by retreat time, though I'd come anyway.  Deb got her plane ticket last week so we are set.

Question for you 'puter experts.  I have been reading comments on this site in my email.  But every time I don't go on the site itself for a while,  I get set back to page 1.  Is there a shorter way to get to page 32, or wherever we are at without doing it just two pages at a time?

For the lady who asked about the weather.  We did see snow up on the mountain while we were at our retreat, but sweatshirts seemed to be enough in the daytime.  I think most of us wore T-shirts or something like that with an extra jacket in case.

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again sooon.  Enjoy your preparations.  ;-)

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,700
Nana replied on Fri, Aug 24 2012 7:41 PM

Bertie

I am looking forward to seeing you and Deb again.  It seems like forever...LOL>  Hope that ole hip settles down and gives you less pain.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Aug 24 2012 8:17 PM

Bertie Glass:
But every time I don't go on the site itself for a while,  I get set back to page 1.  Is there a shorter way to get to page 32, or wherever we are at without doing it just two pages at a time?

Bertie, you might want to change the order the posts are displayed for you - instead of first to last, change to last to first.  Then when you get set back to page 1, it will show the most recent post.

Go to your home page to edit your profile.

Then click on Site Options and change Sort Posts from Ascending to Descending.  Try that out and see how you like it.  If that seems awkward, I'll have another suggestion for you.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,100

Thank you very much, Nancy.  It worked.  I really appreciate your help.

Deb and her hubby have been vacationing up north in the Mn. woods by the lake all week.  It's their annual trek and vacation.  I think they were to return today.  Mn. is a beautiful state.

See you all soon.  It will be sooo much fun.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,613
Points 418,159
gini replied on Fri, Aug 24 2012 11:49 PM

bertie, i'm looking forward to seeing you and deb in a few weeks.

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 300
Points 4,600

MNnancy:

gini:
we can probably come up with enough machines

Good to hear because I am sorry to say I still only have one machine.  I would like to help after others have been so kind to lend a machine to me, but my money keeps going for fabric and notions.

Me, too, Nancy!. My new addiction!  I missed the Quilt Shop Hop but bought material at the quilt shop at Beaver Bay last week on vacation.  I bought the Minnesota Shop Hop panel to share with those who wanted to share quilt blocks. I am so eager to see everyone and learn more!

Deb from Mall of America Land

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 300
Points 4,600

Maggie:

Thanks for the info.    I was planning on bringing 4 outfits: 2 jeans and 2 track suits. and one sweatshirt.  (besides the plane outfit).  Maybe I can cut down on that.  In September/October we will still be in the 90's here so I am looking forward to being a little cold!    It didn't seem like that much but its startng to look like too much.   I was at the TSA sight and saw their example showed more than 3 bottles and I'd always heard 3 was the limit.     If I leave the laptop at home and just take the iPod (sadly not iPAD) and phone that will leave more space too.

5 weeks from tomorro I leave - yayyyy!

P.S.  You can laugh at me anytime you want!

Hey, Maggie, I was JUST like you last year.  And Nana is so right about clothes.  I went home with a suit case full of fabric!

Looking forward to meeting you.

Deb from Mall of America Land

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,700
Nana replied on Sun, Aug 26 2012 8:19 PM

Maggie

I will wear whatever I wore on the plane to get there on the plane to get home.  I like to wear the plaid flannel lounge pants to sleep in and tend to wear them the rest of the day cause they are so comfy.  I may just pack those this year cause they don't take as much space.  I bring long sleeve tshirts to wear with a sweatshirt.  I can get by with the same sweatshirt all week.  I definitely will be packing less clothes than I did last year and will also be looking at pants and shirts that have about reached the end of their life span.  I ended up with way too much stuff to try to get back home.  Joyce was kind enough to give me one of her old suitcases to pack all the excess.  I am going to try really hard to pack better this year....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,700
Nana replied on Sun, Aug 26 2012 8:25 PM

Maggie

I don't try to bring my laptop.  There are usually several laptops at retreat so that you can borrow someone's if you need.  Now I do pack lots of quilty projects.  Like Gini said I try to have everything already cut out and ready to sew before I leave home.  It makes it easier to pack.  I don't bring cutters, pins, or anything of that nature with me.  Last year I forgot my thread and had to buy some after I got there but that really wasn't a big deal.   I didn't pack rulers either.  All of the wonderful ladies that drive bring plenty of those types of things for those that fly to share.  You are going to have so much fun.  It is a wonderful group and everyone is very special to me.  I am so anxious to see them all again.  I definitely wish it wasn't so far to go to visit.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,613
Points 418,159
gini replied on Sun, Aug 26 2012 8:50 PM

i'll share my i pad with anyone that wants to use it.

we will have enough cutters,  rulers, matts, scissors,etc. from those of us driving.   for those of you flying in or coming on a train,   leave the bulky stuff to the drivers.  just bring you, your clothes and your projects.  leave enough room in your suitcase for treasures you find,  to take back home.   don't bring projects that take much thinking or you will do a lot of frogging.   it is hard to sew and keep up on the chatting, when you have a complicated project.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,295

I'll second what Gini said "  for those of you flying in or coming on a train, leave the bulky stuff from those of us driving"   I'll be coming up from Tri-Cities WA, about 3 hours away & will have the car to myself, so more than enough room for anything we might need.  And I'll make sure I include a tube of oil & lube for any featherweights that might show up.  If there's anything in particular that any of you think you might need (quilting accessory wise...)  let me know & I'll bring it along if I've got it, otherwise it will be the usual assortment of rulers, cutters & such.

Cheryl

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,329
Points 27,225
Elizabeth replied on Sun, Aug 26 2012 9:32 PM

I also have an ipad which I can share.  Have two projects so far, have not cut them out yet.  I CAN NOT wait to meet you all/  Locals thanks for bringing all the stuff so that those of us that are flying don't have to.  Very much appreciated. 

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Aug 26 2012 10:31 PM

Elizabeth:

I also have an ipad which I can share.  Have two projects so far, have not cut them out yet.  I CAN NOT wait to meet you all/  Locals thanks for bringing all the stuff so that those of us that are flying don't have to.  Very much appreciated. 

This is so odd!  Wendy has a post after Elizabeth's post above (at least according to the 'Recent Group Activity" screen), but when I tried to bring it up, I get an error message " Not Found; Resource Not Found".  And, when I clicked on the  link via Elizabeth's post, Wendy's post is not displayed.  I've never seen this before!

Wendy, why don't you try to post your message again and see what happens...

BTW, as I am driving too (and bringing Marge P), I will bring the usual assortment of rulers, rotary cutters, etc. and be happy to share.  I am sure Marge will too!  I still haven't figured out exactly what I will be bringing to work on, but definitely I will be keeping it simple.  Last year I had to stop with several projects, because I was having too much fun listening to the conversations...LOL!  But, I did learn a lot so it was worth every minute!

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 12:05 AM

I am so excited:  less than 5 weeks.     Nana, are they going to give me a problem regarding applique pins onboard?     I have enough applique blocks to start / in process, getting ready to do, that will keep me entertained, plus under Gini's guidance the celtic block.  Only bringing one actual quilt project to work on.   I am putting together the small block pieces before the retreat and will sew them into the larger blocks at retreat.   I will wear the same thing on the airplane both ways too.   i'm stll thinking about sending a small box  (priority mail medium) ahead of time with all the project stuff, everyone's rows, and things for the "exchange" table.  I can get a second box flat in the bottom of my carryon and just stuff it to send home at the end of the retreat.  I think the stamps are about $13.00 each and can always put the grands souveniers in them to ship home.  Maybe that little wooden guy????   I'll find something for each of them.   I downloaded that little tourist map of Leavenworth with all the shops and eatng places shown on it.

Can't wait to meet you all!

Page 32 of 58 (867 items) «Prev3031323334Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use