2012 Pacific Northwest Quilt Retreat, Leavenworth, WA Sept 30-October 5.

rated by 0 users
This post has 866 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,826
Points 352,602
Kris replied on Tue, Jul 31 2012 9:18 PM

Vivian,

hope your shoulder isn't too bad.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Tue, Jul 31 2012 11:58 PM

Prayers going up for your recuperation, Lisa!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Wed, Aug 1 2012 11:49 AM

Vivian :

Lise, I am sorry to hear about your back and I hope you are  better soon. My DH has me out helping him with his shop construction and I did something to my shoulder so I am most anoyed with him and me.  So out of shape. 

Vivian, I second what Gini said...No More Heavy Lifting!  You have to drive a long way to Leavenworth and we really need you there.  (Of course, I guess you could fly if worse comes to worse.)  Take care of your shoulder and help it heal quickly...

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Wed, Aug 1 2012 11:24 PM

Donna B:
Take care of your shoulder and help it heal quickly...

Shoulder fine after a glass of  wine, two tablets and a good nights sleep.  NOTHING will keep me away from the retreat.  We are now making like ballarinas 14 feet off the ground putting up a metal ceiling in the shop.  I almost think stop, drop and roll is a good thing. ...  Really.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Wed, Aug 1 2012 11:26 PM

gini:
vivian,YOU ARE RETIRED

I now know this is a big LIE.  Keep your jobs, this is why people die after retiring.  FROM HOME PROJECTS!!  The projects will kill you, be aware!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Thu, Aug 2 2012 3:29 PM

Vivian :
We are now making like ballarinas 14 feet off the ground putting up a metal ceiling in the shop. 

Somehow I don't think holding up metal ceiling panels for installing is easy on the shoulders.  I've held up my fair share of sheetrock and I know that wasn't easy!  Cope out girl...call a son or a neighbor guy...then you get watch (think Marie here)  and give directions...LOL!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Thu, Aug 2 2012 10:24 PM

Please take care --  our retreat is now NEXT MONTH!!!    I am not ready but i do have my Xanax for the flight though, does that count?   

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Thu, Aug 2 2012 10:57 PM

I am so excited and just can't wait.  Am looking to take the train so I can bring my machine.  I am coming from southern Ca (Solvang area).  Anyone in Ca, or oregon interested in sharing my car???? If I had someone to come with I would drive.  Just need to make Lisa's row, got the fabric when I was at the Busy Bee's quilt show in Monroe, Wa last week

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 283
Points 4,415

Patti:

Just to keep you all posted.  Lisa is having more problems with her back,  her "spinal cage has shifted 4 mm."   They will do a CT scan to see if she needs more surgery or can use a soft body cast.  She is on bed rest for the time being.  She is still planning on coming to the retreat.  But if she can't, we will still have the contest and prizes. 

Oh, Lisa, I am so sorry to hear that.  Best wishes.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 283
Points 4,415

Vivian :

Donna B:
Take care of your shoulder and help it heal quickly...

Shoulder fine after a glass of  wine, two tablets and a good nights sleep.  NOTHING will keep me away from the retreat.  We are now making like ballarinas 14 feet off the ground putting up a metal ceiling in the shop.  I almost think stop, drop and roll is a good thing. ...  Really.

Glad to hear that!

Deb from Mall of America Land

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630

Donna B:
Somehow I don't think holding up metal ceiling panels for installing is easy on the shoulders

Actually they are relatively light.  You have to drag them into position, which is fine and easy, them my DH and task master props them into place and we bolt them into place.  easy peasy unless you take into account crawling around on the boards, which in a former life were concrete forms.  Rough on the bare or not so bare knees. 

I have myself booked into the Handi Quilter University in November for a class on how to use/fine tune my Fusion and I am sooo looking foward to it.  I will probably fly but that means changing planes and I don't like doing that so I may drive and take several days and visit hither and yon on my way. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Wed, Aug 8 2012 2:47 PM

Lisa    Tell your doctors they need to fix you up quickly so you're ready for retreat.

Vivian   Please strap on one of those zip-line harnesses next time you feel the urge to "get high"    I'm really excited to meet you all!   

Patti:  so much to do and so little time,  You'd think I was kidding when I said I pack early.    Now wondering what clothes to bring.......what are the temps likely to be outside?    Is the temperature in Mrs. Anderson's cool or warm.     I know -- that's all relative.   In late Sept. we'll still be in the 90's here

Gini, do you know what kind of things i need to bring for Celtic applique yet?    I'm hoping the airlines will let me take more than one pair of scissors (less than 4" long)  I will take a carry-on and a backpack. 

Kris and Nana are we still on for sharing a hotel room?   Let me know if you want me to send my share to you (whoever makes the reservation) or settle up at the hotel.   I am happy either way.   what time do your flights arrive in Spokane? 

I feel like the lady standing in front of the Mervyn's store    open open open    LOL

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,117
Points 411,044
gini replied on Wed, Aug 8 2012 4:59 PM

Maggie, the money you paid to patti includes the hotel and breakfast.

You can have any sized scissors you want in checked bags,  carry-ons are limited to size, as long as they are small, i don't know if it matters how many you have.  Don't worry about bringing a bunch of tools.  Those of us driving will bring enough mats cutters scissors, rulers, etc.  

I will post what you need for Celtic appliqué next week.  It isn't much.  Background fabric and a half yard of the appliqué material.   You won't need that much, but you need a bigger piece to cut strips from the bias.   Thread to match the appliqué,  little sharp scissors, thimble, bias tape maker.  I have an extra of this, don't get a bias maker, let's see if you like it first.   I didn't need to wait,  that is about all you need.   I'll bring stuff to mark with.    For your first project, it is easier to use a light background.     How about I bring a pattern for an 8, 12, and 18 inch design.   If anyone has  their own design, bring it, we can work with that.   In a day, I got  a 30 inch design copied onto my background all my bias binding made, and quite a bit of the binding sewed down.

Have you arranged with someone to bring you a sewing machine?  If not, just ask here if anyone has an extra you can use.   I'm loaning mine to nana, I have a featherweight you could use, but someone might have a newer machine for you to play on. 

You need to have layers of clothes.  It could start out the day with frost and be 70+ by afternoon.  It might be sunny, most likely, or it could rain.   

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Wed, Aug 8 2012 6:39 PM

Thanks Gini. Layers work for me    Nana and Kris and I will be flying in on Saturday and staying at a hotel in spokane.  I think you recommended the Ramada and wyndham as being near the airport.  

I have bias makers in 3 or 4 sizes (all those applique stems lol) and lots of applique thread.  I'll also bring that older Clover iron-on bias tape I've been hoarding.  I'll probably bring mostly hand projects and beg to use a machine if/when I need one.   I've really been enjoying applique and Mars and i took a Jacobean Applique Class --  its knd of a cross between glue stick and machine applique.    we're still doing country cousins but we are doing other projects too.  

I'm thinking that I will put my applique tools together and anything security doesn't like, I'll hand off to my daughter to take back home.  Already got the Xanax packed -- first things first!

I'm looking forward to learning from the master!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Wed, Aug 8 2012 7:56 PM

Maggie

I am still on for sharing a room.  I don't get in until after 9pm so I feel sure that you will be there before me.  If you want to pay for the room I will give you my share when I get there if that is ok.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 27 of 58 (867 items) «Prev2526272829Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use