2012 Pacific Northwest Quilt Retreat, Leavenworth, WA Sept 30-October 5.

rated by 0 users
This post has 866 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Tue, Jul 17 2012 7:36 PM

I have been on the road for a few weeks now and just got the office back in order with internet and everything!!  Patti I am sorry to miss the deadline but the check with be in the mail asap, don't you give my bed away!! Gini, I would love to take a class but I would like to bring a pattern I bought some time ago to do under your tutelage I’m sure I’ll get a good start on it.  It is hard to realize that it isn’t that far away,  I can’t even remember what I packed in the suitcases waiting, dust covered, by the door.  Looking forward to seeing you all again. 

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Tue, Jul 17 2012 8:21 PM

Vivian, I figured you were just out of touch for a while.   Your room is secure.   I am looking forward to seeing you.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Jul 17 2012 9:36 PM

Patti, just saw the video of the wash-out near Malott on KREM!  Were you cut off from the world for awhile?  Hope all is OK for you...

That was some storm on Sunday!  It hit Twisp too, but we didn't have any of it... We drove to Twisp Sunday afternoon and saw the big black clouds over the loup and to the east.   Eveyone at the SAIL class on Monday morning was talking about the hail, thunder and down-pours (not rain, but down-pours...LOL)!

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jul 18 2012 10:35 AM

Patti, did you see Mary's posting in the Smokey Mt. retreat thread?  Do you want to do this for our Leavenworth retreat?  Let us know and we'll add the "Likes".  ~Nancy

Mary:

I just got a call from the Warm Company. I had contacted them for door prizes for the Fall Fiber Frenzy here in Tennessee. She's sending us one of the big boxes of products they send out to guilds and told me the contest for the bold of batting goes on until September 30, 2012.

Go to their Facebook page and Like them. Then post on their wall your guild name (I think you have to call and let them know your guild information so they can send you the box first and register your guild). If you aren't part of a guild, you can still participate. I told them the Smoky Mountains group of QCA is 25 people. If I get 25 to like them and post on their wall "Quilter's Club of America, Smoky Mountain Area" we will be in the running for 1 of 10 bolts given away, which I will bring to the next retreat to share.

If you are part of QCA in another area, such as the NW or Branson or Midwest group, you can register your group with them then get whatever number of people you report to them to do the same thing.

I need all the ladies that came to the Smoky Mountain retreat to like them and post to the wall. 25 posts gets us the entry to the contest.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 600
Corly replied on Wed, Jul 18 2012 5:49 PM

Looks like you might be the person to speak with about the Leavenworth Retreat in Sept 30-October 5th?

I wonder if there is room for  one more and how do I find out the cost? Accommodations? I am very interested and do not mind sharing accommodations as needed. 

thank you!

Barbara/Corky

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Wed, Jul 18 2012 8:23 PM

hi corky, right now the retreat is full, but patti can put you on the wait list. 

by the way, hello and welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 8:14 AM

Hi Corky,

I have put you on the waiting list, but it doesn't look very hopeful this year.   Where do you live? This is a yearly thing.  Would you be interested next year?  We may have to find another place in the Northwest of offer a retreat.  I know of a beautiful log home near Carlton, WA that would be a great place, but it is inconvenient for anyone not driving to get to.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 8:17 AM

Corky, if you want more information about the retreat, cost, etc, go to page one of this discussion.   We do try to make them inexpensive.  No over head as they are organized by volunteers. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 11:21 AM

Patti:
So most of the time we only had 18 people in that room, and it was still very crowded.  So if anyone has to cancel, we will not be replacing that space with another person.  Sorry for those of you still on the waiting list.

it was cozy working towards stuffed!!  even with the snacks moved out to the breakfast room, that will only ease the seams, so to speak. 

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 1:28 PM

Vivian :

Patti:
So most of the time we only had 18 people in that room, and it was still very crowded.  So if anyone has to cancel, we will not be replacing that space with another person.  Sorry for those of you still on the waiting list.

it was cozy working towards stuffed!!  even with the snacks moved out to the breakfast room, that will only ease the seams, so to speak. 

I like rubbing elbows with my table mates.  It makes it cozy.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 3:20 PM

i didn't mind being cozy, but i wasn't one of the ones in the back who had to wait for everyone to breathe in so they could move.

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 7:12 PM

Uh Oh, I better start my dieting now!   Ya think I can lose 30 or 40 pounds by the retreat so I could make room for someone?

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 310
Points 7,270
lcqultr46 replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 2:49 PM

Maggie:
Ya think I can lose 30 or 40 pounds by the retreat so I could make room for someone?

I don't know Maggie, seems like I tried that last year and it didn't quite work. LOL

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 5:39 PM

cool, now will  someone  pass the york peppermint  pieces please

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Tue, Jul 24 2012 12:49 PM

Patti

I was just checking and noticed that the check I sent hasn't cleared yet.   Want to make sure that you received it.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 25 of 58 (867 items) «Prev2324252627Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use