2012 Pacific Northwest Quilt Retreat, Leavenworth, WA Sept 30-October 5.

rated by 0 users
This post has 866 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 510
Points 6,035
Lisa replied on Wed, Feb 8 2012 12:31 PM

Hi Jacy               Any size frome 24 to 36 are fine and they wont say no to any size someone would take the time and love to make for the babies. My grandaughters have learned so much by making quilts for babies that we are still doing them this year we usually change our service project each year but not this year. Well that is not totaly true we are saving coupons for dog and cat food that we can get for under $1 and then when we go shopping we get pet food for WAIF. Well need to read the rest of the posts and lay down for a while again. Look forward to seeing you and everyone again soon.       Lisa

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,131
Points 28,610
Wendy replied on Wed, Feb 8 2012 5:31 PM

Maggie:
would spend Saturday night in Seattle and arrive in Wenatchee Sunday night.  

maggie,

If you get off the train in Wenachee you will have gone too far. The train stops at Leavenworth first. at 8:00 P.M.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,981
Points 368,897
Kris replied on Wed, Feb 8 2012 5:51 PM

Nana:

Kris

What kind of baggage restrictions do they have in Maine?

Nana,

no checked bag service and I'm only allowed two bags total. 50lbs or less. 

There is a stop in chicago and it would be cool if we could ride together. My only trouble would be the time off from work issue as I would need more than a week off for the travel time.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,180
Nana replied on Wed, Feb 8 2012 6:48 PM

Kris

I don't have checked bag service either.  And 2 bag limit but I can do that.   Look at all I managed to pack into one suitcase coming by plane.  It would be awesome to travel together from Chicago.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Wed, Feb 8 2012 6:58 PM

Wendy :

Maggie:

maggie,

If you get off the train in Wenachee you will have gone too far. The train stops at Leavenworth first. at 8:00 P.M.

Wendy,  I would be going from AZ to California, Oregon, and then into Washington on the way there (I think) and then coming back I wouldtake the northern route (party train with Nana and Kris)  to Chicago then back to Flagstaff.     I would be making one big circle aroud the U.S.   Doesn't look like the 15 day rail pass has a senior discount or I would consider that. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,180
Nana replied on Wed, Feb 8 2012 8:11 PM

Maggie

What Wendy wants you to know is that when coming to Leavenworth from Seattle the Leavenworth stop is before you get to Wenatchee.   If you go all the way to Wenatchee you have went too far.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Wed, Feb 8 2012 9:36 PM

Nana:

Maggie

What Wendy wants you to know is that when coming to Leavenworth from Seattle the Leavenworth stop is before you get to Wenatchee.   If you go all the way to Wenatchee you have went too far.

Ooooooooooooooooooooh.  For some reason I thought the train didn't stop in Leavenworth on the Northbound/eastbound leg.    Thank you both for letting me know, I woulda been in deep  u-no-what.    Good thing I'll have my smart phone with me -- the GPS will help to find me when I get lost.  

When I went to Missouri by myself I got off the train in Kansas City and rented a car to get to Lee's Summit (was cheaper than a cab or shuttle) only problem was they had no maps so one of the employees gave me written directions.   Somehow I made it with only one wrong turn. 

How long is your layover in Chicago on the way home?  Looks likethe train gets in about 4 p.m. but my train to Flagstaff leaves at 3:00 so will spend the night in Chicago.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,180
Nana replied on Thu, Feb 9 2012 2:02 AM

Maggie

I haven't checked the layovers yet.  Will let you know when I do my actual trip plan. 

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,180
Nana replied on Thu, Feb 9 2012 12:10 PM

Maggie

It doesn't look like I have any overnight layovers.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Thu, Feb 9 2012 5:42 PM

Nana:

Maggie

It doesn't look like I have any overnight layovers.

Nana, that's great.  I have one each way.   Can't see spending 20+ hours in a train station, although it would make it a lot easier to sleep the rest of the trip LOL

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Fri, Feb 10 2012 7:55 PM

Wendy :

Maggie:

maggie,

Wendy, I don't know if I said thanks for the info before, but thank you (again if I didn't)  

If I remember right last year you stayed overnight in Seattle within walking distance of  the Amtrak Station -- do you remember which hotel it was?    I'm going to make all my reservations in the next couple of weeks.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,131
Points 28,610
Wendy replied on Fri, Feb 10 2012 9:51 PM

Maggie:
If I remember right last year you stayed overnight in Seattle within walking distance of  the Amtrak Station -- do you remember which hotel it was?    I'm going to make all my reservations in the next couple of weeks.

I stayed at the red roof inn outside the airport. and road the light rail into the city. I got off the light rail  right across the street from the the station.  I do not know of any hotels right there. I do not know the area well enough. Maybe some of the other gals who live there can help you with a hotel. sorry.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,511
Points 417,549
gini replied on Sat, Feb 11 2012 12:21 AM

there is a marriott close to the light rail.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-information/travel/seaps-courtyard-seattle-downtown-pioneer-square/

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,511
Points 417,549
gini replied on Sat, Feb 11 2012 12:27 AM

it's pretty expensive, maggie.  i know it is the closest to the light rail about 1/2 block .  not sure about the others

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sat, Feb 11 2012 9:41 AM

gini:

it's pretty expensive, maggie.  i know it is the closest to the light rail about 1/2 block .  not sure about the others

Thanks Wendy and Gini.    I thought Wendy had stayed near the train station.  Since I'll be coming in on Amtrak and going back out the next day I'd want to be close there.  Does anyone know the part of town where Amtrak is?  

On my way home I'll be going through Chicago and have an overnight layover there too but I think I found a Holiday Inn that is less than half a mile from Union Station. 

Page 7 of 58 (867 items) «Prev56789Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use