2012 Pacific Northwest Quilt Retreat, Leavenworth, WA Sept 30-October 5.

rated by 0 users
This post has 866 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sat, Jan 7 2012 6:28 PM

Patti:

Yes, the 6 and 12 inches refers to the finished size.  will need to be and another half inch to allow for seams.

Thanks Patti,                  Only 267 more days  : - )   

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 10:03 PM

Patti:
Let me know what you all think.  Final decision the end of this month.

Patti - I think it would be great to have various sized blocks that are divisible by 6 - will make a most interesting quilt.  Love the outdoor, woodsy theme and any color of nature goes.

Marge P

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Jan 17 2012 10:35 PM

Patti:
Let me know what you all think.  Final decision the end of this month.

Me too Patti,  I think the variable 6x6, 6x12, 12x12 blocks would be very interesting.  I would love to have a Northwoods quilt with blocks from QCA friends!  Sounds like a winner to me...

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Wed, Jan 18 2012 12:13 AM

Last year, I got bored doing all the same leaf.  This year I plan to make a variety of blocks. Definitely some bears.  Maybe some trees or tracks. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,842
Points 123,720

Patti:

Last year, I got bored doing all the same leaf.  This year I plan to make a variety of blocks. Definitely some bears.  Maybe some trees or tracks. 

Same here. I'm looking forward to a variety of thes and sizes. Cabins even a moose perhaps. What about a Sasquatch?  They're kinda cute. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jan 21 2012 1:18 PM

Nana:
How are you and Randy traveling this year?

Oops, missed this question - don't get into "groups" as often as the other threads.  Maybe this is one I should consider turning email on for.  Can you do that for just one or two discussions?

Anyway, Randy and I are driving for both Leavenworth, WA, and Virginia Beach.  We've decided we like extending these trips for a chance to go more places/ see more things. I like that I can bring my own supplies, and ultimately, it costs the same or less than flying and renting a car.  Who knows, maybe we'll swing by and see Gini's place on our way our west.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,981
Points 368,897
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 21 2012 3:03 PM

MNnancy:
Oops, missed this question - don't get into "groups" as often as the other threads.  Maybe this is one I should consider turning email on for.  Can you do that for just one or two discussions?

Nancy,

if you got to the groups home page and click on "subscribe to group" you'll get all the group's messages.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,981
Points 368,897
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 21 2012 3:09 PM

I've been thinking about this year's blocks and I believe I will sit this one out. I'm not a woodsy person. Still plan on being there though.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,511
Points 417,549
gini replied on Sat, Jan 21 2012 11:24 PM

MNnancy:

Nana:
How are you and Randy traveling this year?

Anyway, Randy and I are driving as we are for Virginia Beach.  We've decided we like extending these trips for a chance to go more places/ see more things. I like that I can bring my own supplies, and ultimately, it costs the same or less than flying and renting a car.  Who knows, maybe we'll swing by and see Gini's place on our way our west.

I can't figure out how to isolate parts of the quote.

If you are anywhere's close to standpoint, you'll better stop.  Your bed is ready and waiting.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,511
Points 417,549
gini replied on Sat, Jan 21 2012 11:25 PM

Nancy, have you been through glacier?  It's one of my favorites of all the national parks.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Jan 22 2012 3:13 PM

Kris:
I've been thinking about this year's blocks and I believe I will sit this one out. I'm not a woodsy person. Still plan on being there though.

Glad you are still coming.  What would be your preference for an exchange block?

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,842
Points 123,720

Kris:

Making the blocks certainly isn't a requirement but have you thought about modern woodsy or abstract? I made a pieced tree block out of batiks as practice and George looked at it and said, "Wow, I like it, very modern and abstract". I really hadn't intended that result. He wants to create a Sasquatch and have me thread paint it onto a block. Maybe I will, maybe I won't.

Whatever you do Kris, your presence, expertise and, oh yes, camera, is all we require.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Mon, Jan 23 2012 7:54 AM

The exchange blocks are definitely voluntary.   I still haven't finished the top from last years quilts.  I have altered the design so it isn't so big, but I would do it completely different if I didn't have all those half square triangles sewn together.  Maybe I'll just put those in some other quilt, someday. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,511
Points 417,549
gini replied on Mon, Jan 23 2012 10:54 AM

Patti:
I still haven't finished the top from last years quilts.  I have altered the design so it isn't so big, but I would do it completely different

i wanted something smaller to hang in my sewing room

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,981
Points 368,897
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 23 2012 1:09 PM

Patti:
Glad you are still coming.  What would be your preference for an exchange block?

Gosh Patti,

I didn't really think of an alternative. I wouldn't want anyone to change now because of me.

I'm still working on my design for the leaf blocks quilt.

Page 3 of 58 (867 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use