Smoky Mountains Retreat, June 24-30, 2012

rated by 0 users
This post has 839 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,012
Points 19,515

First picture - (furthest away from left to right) - Nana, Gini and Darlene (2many horses).  Sabrina sitting

Second Picture left to right - Janis (in gold), Carolyn, Barb Hoffman, Sue and Diana

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,012
Points 19,515

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Sabrina, Gini, Darlene, Maddie, Nan and Mary

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,012
Points 19,515

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

o

This is Nana walking into the sewing room and then beginning of a quilt of all the blocks we made for the retreat

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Fri, Jun 29 2012 7:21 PM

Maddie and I got home safe, even got off the mountain without getting lost!!!! Thanks to everyone for making Maddie feel welcome. She really had a good time and she got a quilt top done. She ate her candy coming home and held onto her bear name "Berry" and was the first thing she showed her dad. Thanks to Mary for being a great hostess, and Sara's cabin was very nice. And a double thanks to Sara's husband for the boat rides and letting Maddie drive. It was real nice to but a face with internet names.

For those who requested the Bean salad recipe:

1 cup sugar

1 cup vinegar

1/4 cup oil

dash of pepper

add drained and rinsed beans 1 (16 oz) red kidney beans, 1 (16 oz) sweet peas, 1 (16 oz) french style green beans and 1 (4oz)jar chopped pimentos.

Mix beans well then add water to cover the beans and refrigerate at least 3 hrs or preferably overnight.

Recipe can be double or tripled easily

It was 107 when I got home..kinda warm!

Nan

Cleveland, TN

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Fri, Jun 29 2012 7:26 PM

Hayley, my grand daughter in Hawaii is scooting with her pink walker, but her labs are still off so she can not go home yet. According to her mom she has gotten quite spoiled and likes pushing the nurses button for her every whim.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Jun 29 2012 9:12 PM

Nan,  we thought about calling and seeing if you wanted to come spent tonight with us, but then decided to come home early. Glad you and Maddie had such a great time.

It only took us 3 hours to get home on 411. We went up on 68 and it seems much longer. How did you go home?

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

LOL, Nancy. That brings back fond memories!!!! I didn't realize that Darlene was going to this retreat. It's great that she can come so far and have so much fun.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Jun 29 2012 10:18 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

It's not the Smokey Mountain Mama's fault but sure do wish we could peek at what they are doing! It's so much fun being that fly on the wall!!!

amen

Winthrop, WA

Not Ranked
Posts 21
Points 365
dkring replied on Sat, Jun 30 2012 7:36 AM

I tried to make it Wednesday and Thursday but my car decided to be a problem.  Never had one before but the engine and oil lights came on and I was afraid to chance it.  It just definitely was not meant to be for me this year.  Hope you all will do it again so I get a second chance.  Had my stuff already.  I have a quilt for Maddie I would be glad to mail to her.  I am looking forward to lots of pictures and stories.

Dianna.    Caryville, TN

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sat, Jun 30 2012 11:21 AM

Those who wish to send charity quilts to Maddie can use the post office box or PM me for the home address.

Quilted Hugs from Maddie

P.O. Box 2461

Cleveland, TN 37320-2461

Any one requiring fabric may write to address of email quiltedhugsfrommaddie@yahoo.com

Thanks

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Sat, Jun 30 2012 11:37 AM

HI GANG,   Sorry everyone was not able to join in the fun thru the internet of our rereat in the Smokey's.   I'm home safe and sound.....of course, I'm was only 45 minutes from home...lol

I just want to warn you all, there are absconders among us.   Tuesday night a call was heard that  "Show and Tell in the sewing room".   Everyone comes in and Nana , Gini, and Barbara had bags and starting pulling out fabric to show off.  By the third piece, I had to yell at them "Hey, that's my fabric from my house"..LOL   They had stayed at my house for a couple nights and I had to leave for the cabin before them.  They swiped my fabric and brought it with them...  We all had a great laugh over that and Yes, they gave it all back to me.....hehehe  

Next year's retreat will have the WiFi working.  Mike(the owner) sat with his provider for over an hour.  Come to find out, his HotSpot was bad.  He's getting a new one and he'll test it and make sure we have internet connections so you can all join in.

Well, I've just had some lunch and need to empty my car.   Power went out almost as I walked in the door.  Fuse on the pole across the street blew.  I had to wait for the repair to be done before I could get on here to post.   I'm sure more pics and prose will be forthcoming soon.

Diana in East Tn.   

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sat, Jun 30 2012 11:46 AM

Diana:
  Tuesday night a call was heard that  "Show and Tell in the sewing room".   Everyone comes in and Nana , Gini, and Barbara had bags and starting pulling out fabric to show off.  By the third piece, I had to yell at them "Hey, that's my fabric from my house"..LOL 

Too funny!   I am looking forward to pictures, and more tales.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Okay...we are home. Let's all post to the Smoky Mountain Mama's thread in Off Topics here. That way everyone can see it, not just the QCA retreats groups.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jun 30 2012 3:14 PM

Diana, I have to tell you that you had fair warning that your fabric was leaving the house. I read it. that Nana is a crafty woman. And I am not talking about quilting.

Sukochi

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 130
hoffymom replied on Mon, Jul 2 2012 8:53 AM | Locked

I had an absolutely wonderful time in the Smokeys with some of the funniest and greatest quilters ever.  Mike and Sara have and are doing wonderful things at the Lodge.  I hope I can go again next summer.  Thanks, to Mary and her wonderful planning, we had the best time.  Developing new friendships and laughing until we hurt was the best dose of medicine for relaxing and just plain old chilling out.  Thanks to everyone for all the help they gave me while quilting, I learned many things.  Hope our southernisms weren't too much for you girls from other parts of the country.  So glad we could help you with the meaning of so many of our sayings down here.  Loved my roomates, Janice, Carolyn and Diana and Kathy, it was like being at a slumber party.  Precious ladies, you are!  All the way home on the plane I kept thinking about all the fabric I should also have bought.  My husband was really proud of what I only bought. :)  I will try to send some pictures also.  Back at work and busy as can be.

Barb in Middleburg Fl

Page 56 of 56 (840 items) «Prev5253545556
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use