Sukochi replied on Tue, Jun 26 2012 8:09 AM

Sukochi

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,443
Points 176,258
Marie replied on Tue, Jun 26 2012 8:29 AM

Sukochi, thanks so much for the pics.  Do you remember the names, there's a few I haven't met yet.  Nice big room and it looks like everyone is busy, busy, busy.

Millbury, MA

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,816
Points 365,822
Kris replied on Tue, Jun 26 2012 3:23 PM

Thanks for the photos Sukochi. The place looks great. Are the blocks next to Nana your exchange blocks?

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jun 26 2012 3:40 PM

Kris, I am not attending the Retreat. My DH and I are staying in Townsend, on the other side of the mountain, and stopped in to visit. To answer your question, yes, those are the exchange blocks.

Marie, don't ask me to name people. I am terrible with names and there were so many. I already know, Nan, Maddie and Diana. I had never met any of the others. Had seen pictures of Barbara and Mary so know them. You know how you get mental pictures of people you correspond with all the time? Well, that is way it was hard to remember a name to the face. Bu,t I sure loved meeting everyone. Retreats look like fun, for sure.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Jun 26 2012 11:16 PM

What a wonderful big bright sewing room!  And look at the size of that stove in the kitchen!  I'm sure they're cooking some mighty fine meals there!  I only recognize Nana, Gini, Darlene, Diana, Sue, and Mary.  Lots of new faces!

Thanks for the pictures, Sukochi!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Wed, Jun 27 2012 8:31 AM

Yes, lots of new faces.  I saw Maddie and Nan.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

MNnancy:

What a wonderful big bright sewing room!  And look at the size of that stove in the kitchen!  I'm sure they're cooking some mighty fine meals there!  I only recognize Nana, Gini, Darlene, Diana, Sue, and Mary.  Lots of new faces!

Thanks for the pictures, Sukochi!

Which Darlene is there? I can't see who is way in the back of one picture. Thanks, Sukochi, for the pics. Again I must say I wish I was there! But it is hot here today, over 100 degrees.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jun 27 2012 9:34 PM

Elaine, next to Gini in the back is Darlene 2mh, porcupine picker!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Jun 29 2012 10:22 AM

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am TRULY missing the retreat reports this week. Having all the pictures all at once will be better than nothing but not the same by any means...

I think it should be a requirement for any retreat location to have good dependable internet access to keep all us vicarious retreaters in the loop!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,664
Points 120,340

Donna B:
I think it should be a requirement for any retreat location to have good dependable internet access to keep all us vicarious retreaters in the loop!

I agree I agree.  LOL I also miss the pictures. Since the Virginia Beach Babes were able to post as things were happening it's like we shared in their fun.

It's not the Smokey Mountain Mama's fault but sure do wish we could peek at what they are doing! It's so much fun being that fly on the wall!!!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Fri, Jun 29 2012 4:27 PM

I am back in Nashville, we are leaving tomorrow for our trip home.    Smoky mountain mama's were all wonderful,  Mary is a stupendous hostess,  and Sara's lodge is beautiful.   Our sewing/laughing room was all we could ask for.   Cain't (Lordy where did that come from) wait to get home. 

Everyone will be home soon and we all have itchy fingers just waiting to talk to everyone,and post our pictures.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Fri, Jun 29 2012 4:30 PM

Gini, can't wait to see pic. You and Sam be careful going home

[Ava, Missouri

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,016
Points 19,565

We are in Etowah (pronounced et-a-wa). We had to leave just before lunch today as DH has a train excursion tomorrow).

I have NEVER laughed so hard!! We all had such a great time and are planning when to meet again.  As for sewing -- some of us finished up some UFO's, some finished a couple of tops, some were just learning to quilt and some like me worked on projects but never finished anything.  Sabrina was about the only one able to even use a cell/I-phone.  Others have taken pictures and will post when they are home.  I did take my camera but DH decided he just had to take when he was out with the other DH's, so I was unable to take pictures.  I am going back in the posts and will try and identify everyone in them.

Page 55 of 56 (840 items) «Prev5253545556Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use