rated by 0 users
This post has 839 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 7:50 AM

Sabrina:
It's like having a 24 hour sweat shop going, literally, cause it is so hot here.

Sabrina, aren't the bedrooms and workspace air conditioned???

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 8:56 AM

Sabrina:
Well, my signal keeps dropping, so I'll try again in a bit.

The hills there must be like the hills here.  They get in the way, and we have no signal.  So I rarely use my cell phone.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,664
Points 120,340

Patti:
The hills there must be like the hills here.  They get in the way, and we have no signal.  So I rarely use my cell phone.

Patti. I have (had) the same problem with my cell service where we live. We're tucked in among hills. I was lucky to get two bars which frustrated me no end as my cell is my business line. Then I spent (I think $50?, $100?) for what is called a Booster. Just plugs in to my modem and now I have 5 bars at home.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,443
Points 176,258
Marie replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 11:09 AM

Sabrina:
cause it is so hot here.

Sabrina, please tell me there's air conditioning there?????????  The 3 am retiring and the 4:30 am rising sounds familiar from VB.  Watch out for those gremlins in the 3 am group.  Have fun y'all!                           REMEMBER WHEN GIRLS?????

Millbury, MA

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 11:14 AM

Marie

Great pic!  Darlene's Present looked smashing didn't it? And Sue's Dolly Pin on it gave such a nice touch!

Have Lots of fun on your retreat Smokey Mountain Mamas!  Take lots of pics for us!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 429
Points 8,695
Sabrina replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 1:16 PM

Oh yes, we have air conditioning in the whole lodge, but what you ladies don't realize is that it has been almost 100 degrees here in Tennessee this week. If you add that to all the humidity we get in the south, and the weather is awful. It is just too hot to go outside for anything, so everyone is in the sewing room happily sewing away. We should get a lot done this week.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 1:52 PM

That's a relief!  We'll look forward to lots of pictures of those projects!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820
Quiltless replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 1:55 PM

YEA!  We will have some reports after all. 

This has become a vital part of the QCA community; cyber attending the quilt retreats.  Obviously, we want all the real time attendees to enjoy their retreat and sewing (notice those are two different concept items), but we also like to tag along via the reports. 

Thanks so much to all of the reporters for working within, and working around, the internet connection circumstances.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,756
Points 66,925
Bonita replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 4:19 PM

Marie, since we don't get regular updates from the MM's maybe you can just recyle the pics you have from VB and we can enjoy them again. Love that yellow fabric.

Marie:

Sabrina:
cause it is so hot here.

Sabrina, please tell me there's air conditioning there?????????  The 3 am retiring and the 4:30 am rising sounds familiar from VB.  Watch out for those gremlins in the 3 am group.  Have fun y'all!                           REMEMBER WHEN GIRLS?????

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,443
Points 176,258
Marie replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 5:07 PM

Bonita:
just recyle the pics you have from VB

LOL Bonita, I could do that but it's a different set of gals!  Some are the same but The SMM's need their own identity.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 7:47 PM

Went to check on those Smoky Mountain Mama's this noon. They didn't even offer me lunch!! LOL. They were just sewing away having a high time. No real dirt to report. they are so behaving themselves. BUT, tonight they are going on a boat ride!! Who knows what will happen during that? . I came away with all sorts of goodies. They are going on a shop hop tomorrow.  We had a really nice visit. It is fun meeting people you have talked to via interned for so long. Some are just how you imagined, some a so different.  I thought we would never get to to the cabin. There is a beautiful lake right behind it. There are so many bedrooms. It was great to see. Nan said she hadn't talked to her daughter in Hawaii today and did not know what the MRI showed on Haley. But, you still can not touch her without her just screaming. Keep praying. The power of prayer is amazing.

I took some pictures but most are kinda blurry. I couldn't get everyone in one picture because it would have taken all day to chase them all down. But, I did the best I could.

Sukochi

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

All I can say is, I wish I was there!!! Have fun, everyone.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,816
Points 365,822
Kris replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 8:57 PM

Thanks for the update Sukochi. I'm glad everyone is having a good time sewing. Waiting for the story of what's really happening there. LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 10:00 PM

I thought I sent 5 pictures but they are not here. will try again tomorrow. And really,Kris, NOTHING is going on. I was so disappointed.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,443
Points 176,258
Marie replied on Tue, Jun 26 2012 7:36 AM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
still can not touch her without her just screaming. Keep praying.

Sukochi, thanks for the update on Haley.  Prayers are getting stronger for her today.

Thanks for the info on the SMM's, can't wait for the pics.

Millbury, MA

Page 54 of 56 (840 items) «Prev5253545556Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use