Smoky Mountains Retreat, June 24-30, 2012

rated by 0 users
This post has 839 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,052
Points 169,993
Marie replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 5:48 PM

Sukochi, glad you made it to the cabin safely.  Say hi to the girls tomorrow and have fun.  Let us know what mischief they're up to.

Millbury, MA

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 5:56 PM

Hello everyone, the Smokey Mountain Mamas have arrived, the laughs and drinking has begun:) We have really really really slow internet reception here, so the postings and pictures will be done at the end of the week when we are back in real wifi country.  So this is just to let you all know we are here, safe and sound and HOT..and they say Florida is hot??

It is now time to eat because the hamburgers and hot dogs are smelling just to good to pass up.  Mary's DH has done an outstanding grilling job!

Your local SMM Reporter

Kathy

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 6:05 PM

Thanks for the update Kathy

[Ava, Missouri

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 784
Points 12,640
Quiltless replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 6:55 PM

What!!!  No frame by frame and day by day sharing of this retreat?  Ohhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooooo!!!!   What a loss for the cyber-attendees. 

(Quiltless:   <-------------    shuts door and sadly walks away.) 

Have fun and enjoy the retreat.  We all wish we were there with you.  Enjoy!

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 8:18 PM

Whoa!  This is a shocking report!  Now we really have to wonder what's going on down there!  Must be top secret QCA business!

Luckily for us, both Gini and Sukochi are only there for a few days, so perhaps they'll leak a little info before the end of the week.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 8:43 PM

Ladies, do not despair. I have perfect wifi here in Townsend. I will take lots of pic tomorrow while we are there and take notes to report back to you tomorrow nite when we come back over the mountain.

We drove through Cades Cove this evening after dinner. No bear sightings but did see 5 deer and my first ever real wild Turkey Gobbler. That was so cool. He was just really tall and beautiful. No I did not get a picture. Jim refuses to pull over like all 40 other cars do.

We have a lovely cabin with porch swing, rockers, beautiful view of the Smokies and hot tub. There is one bedroom downstairs and two double beds up stairs. There is one full back and upstairs is a sink vanity and closet toilet. Just a brief walk from us is a huge cabin. These are both rentals. Would make a great retreat. This cabin sleeps 6 and the other, I think, sleeps 15, maybe.

Ok. shower and bed. Worn slap out.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,123
Points 411,179
gini replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 10:01 PM

Sara - I'm glad you told them to bring swim suits.  Those retreaters can be a wild bunch.  NO SKINNY DIPPING Y'ALL!

This is Sam on Gini's site and if I know there is SKINNY DIPPING and no towels I might just arrive a day early.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 11:23 PM

Sam, I thnk thats a great idea!   Let us know what they are up to!!  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 11:30 PM

Kathy:

Hello everyone, the Smokey Mountain Mamas have arrived, the laughs and drinking has begun:) We have really really really slow internet reception here, so the postings and pictures will be done at the end of the week when we are back in real wifi country.  So this is just to let you all know we are here, safe and sound and HOT..and they say Florida is hot??

It is now time to eat because the hamburgers and hot dogs are smelling just to good to pass up.  Mary's DH has done an outstanding grilling job!

Your local SMM Reporter

How sad!   Don't the Smart Phones and iPads use the telephone internet networks?  <sigh>

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,838
Points 352,722
Kris replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 12:45 AM

Kathy:
Hello everyone, the Smokey Mountain Mamas have arrived, the laughs and drinking has begun:) We have really really really slow internet reception here, so the postings and pictures will be done at the end of the week when we are back in real wifi country.

Glad everyone made it safely. Too bad about the internet service. I was hoping for frequent updates. At least I won't miss too much with work and everything else.

Have a great week everyone.

Sukochi, looking forward to seeing some photos.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,838
Points 352,722
Kris replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 12:45 AM

gini:

Sara - I'm glad you told them to bring swim suits.  Those retreaters can be a wild bunch.  NO SKINNY DIPPING Y'ALL!

This is Sam on Gini's site and if I know there is SKINNY DIPPING and no towels I might just arrive a day early.

LOL Sam.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 2:52 AM

Maggie:
Don't the Smart Phones and iPads use the telephone internet networks?

I think the iPhone would work, but I know with my Droid phone, I can read but not write to the QCA site.  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 429
Points 8,695
Sabrina replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 7:17 AM

Hey everyone, I will try to post some pics using my iPhone. Not sure how it will go, but I'll give it a shot. We are up and sewing away already. Several ladies didn't call it quits until 3 thus morning, and some were up by 4:30 making coffee. It's like having a 24 hour sweat shop going, literally, cause it is so hot here.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 429
Points 8,695
Sabrina replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 7:22 AM

Well, my signal keeps dropping, so I'll try again in a bit.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 7:37 AM

Going up this morning, if we can drag ourselves out of here. I am more relaxed this morning then in a long time. Sat in the swing, looked out at these beautiful mtns and pray to God for healing for everyone, happiness for those who can't seem to find it, and to His glory. What better place to pray then at God vacation home in the mtns. Can't wait to have time to go sit in the Church in the Cove and talk to him there.

I will get an update on Haley, too.

Have a great morning, y'all. This reporter will have a story and pics later today.

Sukochi

Page 53 of 56 (840 items) «Prev5152535455Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use