Smoky Mountains Retreat, June 24-30, 2012

rated by 0 users
This post has 839 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 9:25 AM

I got the very early phone call from youngest daughter in Hawaii. Hayley my youngest DGD woke screaming and they could not get her to stop so they finally took her to ER as she said her hip was hurting real bad. They admitted her right away and fist scan looks like hip bone infection,she can not walk. I asked DD if she wanted me to come and she said no but she would call regularly.

So we would appreciate all the prayers and good thoughts you could send her way. She is 8 and 31 days younger then Maddie

Thanks,

Nan

Cleveland, TN

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,219
Points 16,415
Susan replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 9:34 AM

So glad Barbara and Gini made it and were not the ones in the accident.  Cant wait for tomorrow!!! We are in Mid Georgia visiting with DD and her family. Its about 5 hrs. to the Lodge from here so it should be a short trip tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the Lodge and to begin the Party.

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 1:38 PM

Do I need to bring my cutting mat? What about tabletop iron board? DS loaded car up with all but the food and some last minute items, sure seams like a lot for q week trip.

DD called and said Hayley still can not walk and screams in pain even when touched and she is on morphine. All they told DD was they plan to do MRI today and they are giving her several IV antibiotics.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 2:03 PM

Oh, Nan this scares me to death. Have you ever, in all your years of nursing, ever heard of such as this?  Why are they not working more quickly? The MRI should have been doen by now and they should have answers. Prayers up.

I read in the website for the Lodge that Sara has cutting mats available. But who knows how many.  I think I would take it,  just to be on the safe side.

Sukochi

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 2:35 PM

Yes I have heard of bone infections and sometimes can be really bad and always very painful. I do not recall hearing of any in little kids though and none when no opening in the skin except for kids with bone cancers. DD keeps asking what I think and I won't tell her as there is nothing she can do so why make her scared. She is in such pain she is not moving anything, she wanted to eat and drink but they said no.  Hopefully later today they will have better ideas.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Will be keeping her in my thoughts and prayers, Nan.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 4:04 PM

Tell Barbara, we should have met up on I 40, I was also in the two hour parking lot..it was really bad, at least 3 semis and one was almost burnt to the ground.  Then I spent 2 hours in a construction parking lot this morning, I didn't think I would ever get to Nashville...finally got through and just stopped in Knoxville to rest and relax befor the party begins  YEA!!!!

Kathy

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 4:04 PM

Tell Barbara, we should have met up on I 40, I was also in the two hour parking lot..it was really bad, at least 3 semis and one was almost burnt to the ground.  Then I spent 2 hours in a construction parking lot this morning, I didn't think I would ever get to Nashville...finally got through and just stopped in Knoxville to rest and relax befor the party begins  YEA!!!!

Kathy

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Are you in a hotel? You could have stayed here. We would have made room.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,482
Points 417,139
gini replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 9:30 PM

Diana is a wonderful tour director,    We hit the quilt shop sale, we are now out of funds.    Then off to Cumberland gap to see the top of the world. 

We had a great lunch and marvelous time.  Nana and I have already started the giggling, so I guess the party started early at Diana's.     It is beautiful here, everyone is going to love it.      Is it Sunday yet?

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 9:47 PM

Gini, glad to hear you girls are having a great time

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 9:51 PM

Gini, you crack me UP.  I can't wait to get to the Retreat cabin on Monday and meet all y'all. Well, not Diana, Nan and Maddie. I already know them. But I will problaby just start laughing when I meet you. You are such a hoot. I am glad you made it safely up to Cumberland Gap and back again. That shop doesn't have any civil war reproduction fabric left, do they?

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Sounds like everyone is getting closer in spite of accidents that hold them up.  Don't forget to start a thread over in the regular forums to do your posting.  Personally I think you should take a page from Barbara's book and name the thread "Smokey Mountain Mamas". 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 3:27 PM

Well, Jim and I made it to our rental cabin in Townsend. It is so beautiful. Brought Lily with us. She got sick in the car three times. And, we gave her car sick stuff. Guess that didn't work. But she is fine now. Just won't let us out of her sight.

So hot here we about drop when we take Lily for a walk. There is a breeze but you only feel the cool of it in the shade. Cabin close to our has KIDS. Loud kids. And lots of people. Don't think we are in for a quiet week as we planned. Oh, well they will be gone a lot I am sure.

So tired from our trip. Going to get some dinner, ride through the Cove on a bear hunt, then go grocery shopping for the week. Will go up to the Retreat cabin tomorrow late morning.

Hope all have made it safely

Sukochi

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 3:32 PM

Sukochi, glad you made it safe, sorry about the noise

[Ava, Missouri

Page 52 of 56 (840 items) «Prev5051525354Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use