rated by 0 users
This post has 839 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Fri, Jun 22 2012 11:19 AM

Mary:
Didn't I mention this is the FIRST ANNUAL SMOKY MOUNTAIN MAMA'S RETREAT!

Oh that would be so great.  Something to look forward to every year.  I hope you will keep the date about the same so we educators will be able to continue to participate.

Mary:
Let me know ladies.

I know how to knit but my mom taught me and I never really took a lesson.  I would love to join the group but don't want to prevent a new knitter from getting a kit.  So if there's room add me to the list.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Jun 22 2012 12:12 PM

Mary, I was going to come Monday to meet and greet, but with a knitting class, that would be an interruption. You said not to come Tues, as you are all going shop hopping, and not to come Friday as you are all packing. l looked at your schedule and you are having classes Tues and Thurs. Don't want to cause interruptions when there are classes. That makes everyone upset. At least at my LQS it does. I was bring lots of Walmart fabric, (Christmas), for anyone who would have wanted it. And lots of Quilting books, a few quilt hoops and a couple patterns. I will donate it all instead, as I am so happy to see all the room it gives me with it all packed up. Oh well maybe next time,

Sukochi

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Mary, I was going to come Monday to meet and greet, but with a knitting class, that would be an interruption. You said not to come Tues, as you are all going shop hopping, and not to come Friday as you are all packing. l looked at your schedule and you are having classes Tues and Thurs. Don't want to cause interruptions when there are classes. That makes everyone upset. At least at my LQS it does. I was bring lots of Walmart fabric, (Christmas), for anyone who would have wanted it. And lots of Quilting books, a few quilt hoops and a couple patterns. I will donate it all instead, as I am so happy to see all the room it gives me with it all packed up. Oh well maybe next time,

You can still come Monday if you want. Come for lunch if you can or dinner. You are DH are welcome anytime. I just didn't want you to miss us on Tuesday or Friday. You are welcome to come and do Titanic and dinner with us Friday if you all want. My DH wants to come for that too. Can't wait to meet you with skin on!

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 1,025
Sara Wall replied on Fri, Jun 22 2012 12:30 PM

ladies,

I would like to say that i am busy preparing the lodge for your arrival, but at the moment it is being transformed into a wooded wonderland for the wedding tomorrow night. it is going to be beautiful! You will see some of the decorations when you arrive Sunday. A gentle reminder, please do not arrive before check-in time of 3:00 Sunday afternoon. We will all be hoofing it to clean after the wedding group and prepare for your arrival. Please give us time to have everything ready.

One last time, the address is 1280 Flat Creek Rd Sevierville and my number is 615-268-7781 if you need to call. We have a Hot Spot for WiFi but reception is spotty due to the surrounding trees and mountains.

See you Sunday! 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 1,025
Sara Wall replied on Fri, Jun 22 2012 12:32 PM

Ok, one more note again. We furnish bath towels but you will need to bring a beach towel (and swim suit) if you plan to go to the pool, lake, or use the hot tub. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Jun 22 2012 12:37 PM

Mary:
You can still come Monday if you want

Then I will be there Monday, maybe late morning, like 11ish. I am so excited to meet you all. Will bring the goodies I mentionedin case  anyone wants them. Hopefull, I will have on more then skin, or you would all run yeling and screaming from the cabin in horror.

Sukochi

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Mary:
You can still come Monday if you want

Then I will be there Monday, maybe late morning, like 11ish. I am so excited to meet you all. Will bring the goodies I mentionedin case  anyone wants them. Hopefull, I will have on more then skin, or you would all run yeling and screaming from the cabin in horror.

I do know what you mean, LaJuan. I'm even afraid that me in a swimsuit will send DH's running through the woods and their wives will never see them again. (Thar's baars in them there woods!) 

I have packed up my sewing room. Now I have room to work on signing my quilt squares. I'm bringing the special pen and some freezer paper if anyone needs them to sign.

Taking stock of the gifties, wow...you ladies are gonna think the week is well worth the price!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Sara Wall:

Ok, one more note again. We furnish bath towels but you will need to bring a beach towel (and swim suit) if you plan to go to the pool, lake, or use the hot tub. 

Sara - I'm glad you told them to bring swim suits.  Those retreaters can be a wild bunch.  NO SKINNY DIPPING Y'ALL!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Mary:
FIRST ANNUAL SMOKY MOUNTAIN MAMA'S RETREAT!
Hmm - maybe I will be able to come next time. 

Mary:
You are making this retreat a once in a lifetime event
Yup - Mary, you might have a hard time matching this event next year.  :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Sara - I'm glad you told them to bring swim suits.  Those retreaters can be a wild bunch.  NO SKINNY DIPPING Y'ALL!

I think we'll be okay. Unfortunately, Marie isn't going to be there. :(

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,452
Points 176,378
Marie replied on Fri, Jun 22 2012 4:24 PM

Mary:
I think we'll be okay. Unfortunately, Marie isn't going to be there. :(

Mary, thanks for being sad.  I'd have made a hit in my bikini.  Maybe I could make it to the second annual next year.  Just too much vacationing for me in one year.

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,016
Points 19,565

Getting closer - In Bardstown, KY will do whiskey tours tomorrow and train dinner then Sunday ----- ON TO THE RETREAT

Mary - I actually remembered to bring needles and yarn but definitely want the "kit"  

SEE EVERYONE SUNDAY

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love ya tomorrow! You're only a day away!

Aren't you glad I just typed it instead of singing it? :D

For those who need last minute directions, you can hit the Lodge's site at http://www.thelodgeatdouglaslake.com/ 

My sewing room is packed up but will have to sign my squares when I get there. I held them out but not the pen!

Andrea Dee gets here today and tomorrow we will be partying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,509
Points 30,695
Diana replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 7:47 AM

Hi Gang,    Nana got here yesterday afternoon.  We took a quick ride to the LQS that is closing and she took advantage of the sale.  Barbara and Gini didn't make it until 11 p.m. last night.  There was a bad accident outside Nashville on I-40 and they stood in traffic for over 2 hours.  They finally got here.  We were up chatting and giggling until almost 1 a.m.  I finally went to bed.  Sounds like someone's moving around downstairs.  Maybe they are in need of something to eat.  We'll be off to the Cumberland Gap once everyone is up, showered, dressed and ready for another day.  I think they'll be relaxing a bit this morning before we head out.  Wish us luck.

Diana in East Tn. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 8:57 AM

Glad Barbara and Gini made is safely.  Just a couple more things to pack and we'll be off.  Staying near Wytheville tonight and Cumberland Gap tomorrow as well as seeing all of you at the lodge.  I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THERE AND HAVE THE PARTY BEGIN. 

Mary I could hear you singing in PA.  It was beautiful.  Got to run.  See you all soon.  I'm so excited.

Page 51 of 56 (840 items) «Prev4950515253Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use