This post has 839 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,295

Mimi:

Diana:
Hope this helps.

.  It doesn't seem that far from the Lodge.  Maybe an afternoon trip with dinner out somewhere?

Mimi --  I've been in that area,  it's about 100 miles from the retreat area  to Cumberland Gap.  Road is very good, but 2 lane, not a freeway.   Up & over lots of hilly  ridges, to . Figure a good 2 hours each way.  I'd hit it either coming or going, rather than an afternoon away from the retreat.  Nice place, pretty scenery,  but not nearly as impressive as you might think it should be.  Nice National Park, but not a lot around it.   A drive up thru the mountains around Gatilburg & onto the Parkway there would be a better afternoon drive.  Just my 2 cents.

Cheryl

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Sun, Jun 17 2012 9:06 AM

CaliforniaGal:
Figure a good 2 hours each way.

Thanks for the update Cheryl.  I'm obviously not good at reading scale on maps.  But DH and I have to leave early on Saturday 6/30/12 to make it to our DGD dance recital in Lorton, VA that evening.  Maybe that would be the morning to take the detour to the gap. It's so great to have so many friends watching out for you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Jun 17 2012 9:23 AM

Omg ,7 days where did I put my suitcase , where is my cutting mat, do I have thread, did I put my projects in ,I don't know what to wear. Did I pack to much ,have I pack enough , Just the many questions we will all be asking in the next few days .Its almost time ,,,,,ME THE CHEERLEADER

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,509
Points 30,695
Diana replied on Sun, Jun 17 2012 9:52 AM

Hey, Just had an idea.....if we don't pack clothes, we can go shopping at the Vanity Fair to buy some new clothes...hehehe  There are lots of outlet shopping areas around if anyone is interested.  The ride over the Smoky Mtn's. from Gatlinburg to Cherokee is amazing on a clear day.  Lots of places to stop and take pics or go part way up and drive back.  Views are breathtaking.  So much to do and so little time to do it.  I've made that drive a couple times since moving here and am amazed every time.

Diana in East Tn.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Jun 18 2012 8:07 AM

SMM's we have 6 days ,6 days till the fun begins , make your list and check them twice , The Smokies are calling , The Smokies are Calling , can you hear them? " Come one, come all I'll bring you fun and laughter and lots of memories, I want you here , "  Guess we had better listen .   ME  The Cheerleader.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Jun 18 2012 9:10 AM

I can hardly wait     I am getting more excited by the minute

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Mon, Jun 18 2012 9:26 AM

OK, thanks to Barbara's cheerleading I just put the cutting mat in the car, now all the sewing UFO's and supplies and prizes and stuff are packed in the car....and it is full, so I hope you won't mind if I spend the week naked since there is no room for clothes:)  Leaving early in the AM and really looking forward to next Sunday and meeting you''al.

Kathy

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 225
Kathy Wray replied on Mon, Jun 18 2012 11:20 AM

Janis...  If you and Carolyn will take care of the breakfast casseroles, Barb and I will bring fresh fruit and breads (and maybe some oatmeal).  Would that work for you?  Let me know if you can think of anything else. 

Kathy

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

I interrupt this forum for a special message.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has been a test of the anxiety levels of the host. This is only a test. If this was a real anxiety emergency, you would have been instructed to tune into the emergency hosts.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled forum.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,209
Points 16,230
Susan replied on Mon, Jun 18 2012 1:15 PM

Whats wrong with our Host? Doe she need a backrub, foot rub, massage, glass of wine? Hope this was a joke, but if not,    I will say a prayer for you. And THANK YOU for all that you have done and are doing for us to make this retreat so wonderful.         Susan

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Don't pay any attention to that crazy lady behind the curtain. She's just so excited and nervous all at the same time, she doesn't know if she's coming or going. You all are great. Just me freaking out a bit. Going through a refi on the house too. Can we say "sour stomach"? I will really need this retreat! lol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Jun 18 2012 1:50 PM

Kathy have a safe trip and have fun ,hope you win lots of money ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Jun 18 2012 1:52 PM

Sounds ,Like Mary need the hot tub ,a good back rub, and something good to look at , can we get, Mark Harmon for the evening ..  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Barbara:

Sounds ,Like Mary need the hot tub ,a good back rub, and something good to look at , can we get, Mark Harmon for the evening ..  Barbara

Mark Harmon??? I'm revived just thinking about it. Now DH will be there Sunday so make sure Mark comes on Monday. lol

Whoooooo Hoooooooo

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Jun 18 2012 2:07 PM

OH Mary I'll do my best ,,LOL but you know how those celebrities can be ,,  OH wouldn't it be nice ...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 50
Page 43 of 56 (840 items) «Prev4142434445Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use