Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 7:29 AM

SMM.we have 8 days till all the fun  begins ,gifts ,blocks, classes ,shop hops,and sewing galore. New friends to be made and stories to tell . IN the setting of the beautiful Smokies , I'm so ready ,are you ??? ME The Cheerleader

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 225

Hi ladies,

Finally taking the time to check-in.   A week from today and I'm on the road...YAH!!!  No school to think about, half of my flower beds are weeded (maybe! I'll get to the others), and "some" of my blocks are started : ) !!!  That's okay tho, because as I sew on them, I'm getting closer to the retreat weekend. Barb Hoffman and I are driving up together and we were wondering where the quilt shop is in Cumberland Gap. We're stopping in Atlanta Friday night and then thought we'd up head up toward the retreat area since she has a friend somewhere up near there. A stop at the quilt shop on Saturday sounds like a plan and then over to the lodge on Sunday.

I'm looking at the meal schedule and it looks like the room we're in is doing breakfast on Monday morning. According to my iPad there is 40+ pages on the message board about our retreat and I can't find anything about any of my roomies talking about breakfast. So o o  :) ...... Janice, Diana, or Carolyn, let me know if you did post something or let's talk about what we can come up with that's yummy for everyone. 

Looking forward to meeting everyone. Loved reading all the posts...made the time go fast...see you soon!!!

Kathy (Wray) from Middleburg, FL

• Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 8:05 AM

Kathy , check with Diana on the quilt shops  in the Cumberland Gap ,she is taking Gini, Nana,and me there on Sat ,to see the gap, have a safe drive coming up form Florida ,we are coming in from Idaho,,Virginia and Missorui.  See you to when you get there. Barbara 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 9:33 AM

I am so ready Barbara,   Can we go now???

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,496
Points 30,450
Diana replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 11:21 AM

Kathy,   

The two fabric shops I'm talking about are 1 in Tazewell and 1 in Harrogate.  There are signs by the road that goes to them.  They are both just off Rte. 25E.  You do realize that Cumberland Gap is right where Virginia, Tennessee, and Kentucky come together?  As a matter of fact, you can stand in 2 states at the same time up on the top of the Gap itself.  It's northeast of where the retreat is going to be.  The one in Tazewell is after you take the right onto the rest of 25E and the next right is a little road off at a slant and there it is.   The one in Harrogate is at only traffic light, take a right and first left.  There is that one.  I couldn't tell you the names because I don't get up there as often as I could, but I can drive there blindfolded...lol  Hope this helps out.   Also, if you're coming thru Morristown, the LQS that is closing is on Main St. with public parking behind it.  Don't know if they'll still be open, but worth a stop by and see.  40% off everything in the shop.  Hope this helps you out.

Diana in East Tn.

p.s.  I see you're from Middleburg, Fl.      I have a cousin that can't get out of Middleburg,   He's lived in Middleburgh, NY,  Middleburg, Fl, and Middleburg, Va.  Just an observation.....lol

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 1,025
Sara Wall replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 1:05 PM

Hey Ladies,

I am only able to post when I borrow someone's computer because my Ipad won't allow me to post. So, I wanted to make sure everyone is clear on the directions to the lodge. The address is 1280 Flat Creek Rd. Sevierville, Tn 37876. From downtown Sevierville, follow 411 N five miles past the Walgreen's (on the right where the road narrows from 4 to 2 lanes). Turn left on Hattie Branch Rd just past Clint's Barbq and Foothills Furniture. It will merge with Flat Creek. Turn left on Windfall Estates Rd and come to entrance of Douglas Lake Resort. Turn right on Carroll Hill Way and follow it to the end. It will change to Bill Flagle Way but is the same road. At the dead end turn left and take an immediate left into the lodge driveway. Once you enter the resort, you will se lodge signs directing you.

If you are coming from NC, come down 411S and take a right on Flat Creek Rd. Follow the above directions.

If you use a GPS, it may tell you to drive Flat Creek Rd all the way. You can do that, but it is farther and part of the road is torn up. If you have any problems, call me at 615-268-7781.  We have a wedding at the lodge the night before your arrival and they have agreed to leave the decorations for us, so this will be a festive retreat.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 72
Points 1,380

Kathy Wray:
I'm looking at the meal schedule and it looks like the room we're in is doing breakfast on Monday morning. According to my iPad there is 40+ pages on the message board about our retreat and I can't find anything about any of my roomies talking about breakfast. So o o  :) ...... Janice, Diana, or Carolyn, let me know if you did post something or let's talk about what we can come up with that's yummy for everyone. 

Kathy,  we are definitely open for suggestions for the breakfast.  Carolyn and I have discussed breakfast casseroles, maybe each fix their favorite. But this is just an idea.

Janis

Janis

TN

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,009
Points 19,440

I am so ready - can we start now??

Bill and I will be in Bardstown,KY on Sat. night for a dinner train and will drive over on Sun.  I think I am as ready as I can be but I'm sure i'll forget something.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,009
Points 19,440

Does anyone know if Sara answered about WiFi??

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

gini:
perhaps through savannah
What -- Savannah????  Then you should come across the state of GA on I16 and pick up I75 North through Hotlanta.  Exit 221 ---- A Scarlet Thread - largest quilt shop in Georgia.  (And my home away from home).  Dave and I are about 5 - 6 miles off I75 at exit 205 (Griffin / Jackson exit).

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 5:54 PM

Marge to bad you aren't coming ,I will miss you , Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 5:57 PM

Beth I can't remember but I think there is ,I'm bringing my computer as well ,so if we don't well  how cares  LOL  OH the gals back home will we are suppose to check in , so they can see what we are doing .. yeah I pretty sure they do .   Kathy is suppose to be the  retreat reporter for us . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,186
Points 15,875
Susan replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 8:01 PM

Kathy, I was not aware that you lived in Middleburg, I live in Macclenny not to far from you. It will be nice to meet some one so close. See you soon!  Susan

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

wifi..I think there is but I will have my phone which has wifi hotspot so it's covered either way.

Page 41 of 56 (840 items) «Prev3940414243Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use