EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,422
Points 40,360
Mimi replied on Fri, May 18 2012 4:07 PM

Kathy:
OMG Mimi, those blocks sound complicated! 

Not complicated, just lots of pieces.  LOL.  Finished half of step one last night.  I hope to finish the other half tonight.  The end is in sight.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,422
Points 40,360
Mimi replied on Fri, May 18 2012 4:10 PM

Barbara:
but that alot of peices

Yep it is but this my absolute favorite flower in my favorite color using my favorite type of pattern.  So it's really me.  And I love the way the block has turned out.  Hope all of you will too.  : )

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, May 21 2012 7:38 AM

How is everyone doing , Are we all getting excited about our upcoming retreat?  I can hardly wait. We just have so many neat things happening it will be a busy fun week ..  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Been emailing quilt shops and companies for donations to the retreat for door prizes. I've gotten something from MSQ and the promise of something (haven't yet received it) from Timeless Treasures Fabrics. Hopefully, I'll get many more before the retreat. 

So...is your curiosity piqued?

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, May 21 2012 7:39 AM

Mary are you kidden, ?I can hardly wait, I'm so ready for another retreat ,, LOL  I miss everyone, Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Mon, May 21 2012 9:08 AM

I am so ready for my first ever retreat, you are doing way too much, Mary, but  you have to know how much it is appreciated!!  I am just afraid we are going to be soooo busy that I am oacking way too many UFO's:)

Kathy

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,422
Points 40,360
Mimi replied on Mon, May 21 2012 9:33 PM

Barbara:
How is everyone doing

I am SO psyched with only 16 days left in school but oh they are the busiest I'll see this year.  Was talking retirement in the lunchroom today.  Hope those days go as quickly.   : )  Got step one done and made a 12.5 block.  Not bad if I do say so myself.  Only 21 more to go. LOL...I will get them done before retreat.  DH and I go to look at cabinets on Wednesday night.  Kitchen's moving right along too.  Exciting days are coming soon.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,422
Points 40,360
Mimi replied on Mon, May 21 2012 9:35 PM

Mary:
So...is your curiosity piqued?

Mary, you are so amazing.  Can't wait to meet you in person.  Door prizes too?  Who could ask for more?  You're the best Smokey Mountain Momma!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,422
Points 40,360
Mimi replied on Mon, May 21 2012 9:41 PM

Kathy:
I am so ready for my first ever retreat

It's my first overnight retreat too Kathy.  I'm trying to cut DGD #2's I Spy quilt to do on retreat.  Also want to buy the fabric for the setting of the retreat quilt while in the area so the material is from the LQS near our lodge.  Looking forward to everything that is going to happen.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, May 22 2012 7:10 AM

You first timers are gonna have so much fun. My  first time I was the host of a swap and so nervous , its nice to be on the other side for a change. LOL  only 31 days to go till the fun begins ,actually mine will be alittle sooner as I'm driving ,picking up Gini and staying a night with Diana. OH the trouble we can have  LOL   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,496
Points 30,450
Diana replied on Tue, May 22 2012 7:11 AM

Hi Gang,   I'm getting real excited for the retreat.  VB was my first one and had so much fun and got lots of ideas for more.  I've got half the placemats done and ready for binding so that the ones taking a binding class will have a small project to practice on.  If anyone has a quilt that needs binding, bring it along and we'll help with that too.    Can't wait to meet you all and get together with the ones I've already met too.  It will be a fun time.

Mary,  you've done a lot of work and it's going to be a great time.  Nice job.

Diana in East Tn.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, May 22 2012 7:13 AM

Diana I did tell you that Gini is coming in with me.I think I did but thought I'd better remind you .. don't wan tno surprises for you ..LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,496
Points 30,450
Diana replied on Tue, May 22 2012 9:43 AM

Yes, Barbara,  I saw that Gini will be coming with you.  Not a problem at all.  Queen size bed in the bedroom and queen sofa sleeper in the living room.   No tv in the bedroom but there is in the living room with cable too.  private bath and a kitchen for those late nite snacks.  All the comforts of home.  Tons of fabric and 3 sewing machines so what more could you possibly ask for????    I just have to warn you both....DH sleeps at strange hours so you may hear him walking around in the middle of the night.  Also, you may hear a race going on about 3 a.m.  That's 2 cats having a "catch me if you can"  party.  Happens every night so don't be alarmed.  I no longer hear them but with one a little bit of nothing and the other a moose, they do sound funny running around the wall in the middle of the house.  Can't wait for this party.

Diana in East Tn.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Wow...lots of fun stuff coming in for door prizes. Think I'll stretch them out so we can give one or two out each day. Keep you all guessing. lol

Page 29 of 56 (840 items) «Prev2728293031Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use