Smoky Mountains Retreat, June 24-30, 2012

rated by 0 users
This post has 839 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,358
Points 414,959
gini replied on Thu, May 17 2012 11:31 AM

barbara, we are flying in to nashville.  our original plans were a 3 week  road trip through kentucky and tennessee.  sam now has to be in branson. we will take a few days to get to branson, i will hang out there for a week or so, and then i hope to have sam drive me somewheres closer to you so you don't have to drive as far.  after a week in branson, i'm sure he will want to get out of dodge for a few hours and he likes to think while he's driving.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, May 17 2012 11:34 AM

Sara,Sukochi( LaJaun) has gone to see Nan for the weekend You might try and leave a a message with Nan so she can get it . barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, May 17 2012 11:36 AM

Ok Gini ,Just let me know  A good pace to meet up might be Nevada or Joplin maybe even Springfield ,Just let me know and I'll come and get you . barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Hey ladies. DH wants me to make him a queen sized mostly black with some tan quilt for his bed (snoring/sleeping issues make for separate bedrooms with conjugal visits lol). He loves plaid. If anyone has fabric they don't want (sometimes called ugly fabric received as part of a pack) that might fit in, please bring it to the retreat and I will buy it from you. I have such trouble putting fabric together that it might be fun to see what I can buy out of your stash for it...if you want to help. No pressure. 

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 130
hoffymom replied on Thu, May 17 2012 2:34 PM

Hi, I have been trying to post to some of the things being sent and have had problems doing so.  I would like to be on the applique and binding class list for sure.  Also, I will do whatever needs to be done during the week to help in any way.  Looking forward to the retreat, wish it was this weekend. 

Barb Hoffmann, Florida

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,188
Points 15,900
Susan replied on Thu, May 17 2012 4:03 PM

Barb, Where are you here in Florida? I live near Jacksonville.     Susan

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,426
Points 40,395
Mimi replied on Thu, May 17 2012 4:04 PM

gini:
this time of year is awful.  those kids can't concentrate on anything. 

Thanks Gini for your understanding words.  You can come help with the K Kids anytime you're in PA.  We just got back from our field trip to a local zoo.  The "animals" had fun but we had to bring them all home with us again.  My partner and I wanted to leave some there for an extended visit.  Oh well....only 16 more days!!   Someone was hoping the retreat was this weekend.  I'm glad it's not because I wouldn't be able to come.  I'm so excited about it though.  I want to be out of my room by Friday June 15th so I can focus on the retreat after that.  And the looks...I get them from my former students all the time.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,188
Points 15,900
Susan replied on Thu, May 17 2012 4:09 PM

Nana, I can relate to that,and after buying my fabric in Georgia 31/2hours away it is not enough. Ugh, Ugh .    Susan

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,426
Points 40,395
Mimi replied on Thu, May 17 2012 4:11 PM

Nana:
I just can't set down and concentrate long enough to get them done. 

Oh I'm so glad it isn't just me.  I started on them last weekend after I finished step 4 of MQ6.  I made one prototype so I could see if I really liked everything.  But then lost my drive.  It's been hotter here with no rain so the gardens have been calling.  We are also planning a kitchen remodeling job in the foreseeable future, hopefully this summer.  So that is also taking up time.  I'm going to work extra hard tonight, tomorrow night and this weekend to get most of the piecing done.  Then there is the embellishments. I think I can, I think I can, I know I can.  Maybe not as fast as I would like but it will get done.  Keep going forward Nana, one piece at a time.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, May 17 2012 7:10 PM

MIMI, we can ,we can, I still need to finish mine .as well .LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,426
Points 40,395
Mimi replied on Thu, May 17 2012 7:36 PM

Thanks for the encouragement Barbara.  I've got 110 out of 352 first step pieces done.  We CAN do it.  I better get to it.

• Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Fri, May 18 2012 9:01 AM

It must be getting close because I have started my grocery box.  Have 48 large Luizianne tea bags and 5 lbs of sugar for whoever it was who promised to keep us Southerners in sweet tea!

OMG Mimi, those blocks sound complicated!  But you CAN DO IT!:)

Kathy

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Fri, May 18 2012 9:07 AM

Mary, now I wish I would not have used the material I did for the blocks because it is black and tan with a hint of bluish gray.....it just spoke "smokey mountains" to me.  I don't have any left and in fact had to go to another fabric to finish the final 6 blocks. I have 26 blocks altogether.

Kathy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, May 18 2012 11:12 AM

Kathy ,that was me , I make great Sweet Tea, I do need some baking soda to go with it .guess I can bring that. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, May 18 2012 11:13 AM

Kathy I think your fabric sound fantastic ,look forward to seeing it . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 28 of 56 (840 items) «Prev2627282930Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use