Smoky Mountains Retreat, June 24-30, 2012

rated by 0 users
This post has 839 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,820
Points 248,549
Barbara replied on Mon, May 14 2012 9:45 AM

Kathy ,you are to organized ,LOL  I still have most of my things packed up form the beach retreat ,but not all. You may want to add a table light to your list, I have found that these are really helpful at the tables cause the lighting just isn't always enough that is in the houses. If you need one let me know I have an extra one I can bring. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705

I'm bringing Sunshine, my Ott Light. She's a floor model, very thin and stylish, and she has roller skates on her feet. (Okay...yes...I am crazy and humanize all my stuff). I think the lighting is fairly good at Sara's so we won't need too many. We don't want to blow her circuits. lol

Classes:

Quilt as you go with Sharon. All you would need is 4 sandwiched and quilted squares, trimmed to about10-12 inches square, plus 3/8 yd of fabric to use as the sashing - and your walking foot.

1. Mary
  2. Barbara
  3. Diana
  4. Sabrina
  5. Kathy

Applique Class:

1. Mimi
  2. Beth
  3. Nan
  4. Susan
  5. Sue D
  6. Sabrina
  7. Andrea
  8. Dianna
  9. Janis
  10. Carolyn

Diana has graciously agreed to teach a binding class and I will be the first to sign up for that! I have to say I'm surprised at the number of people wanting in on these classes. I thought I was the only one needing help.:

1. Mary
  2. Andrea
  3. Nan
  4. Maddie
  5. Dianna
  6. Carolyn
  7. Janis
  8. Mimi
  9. Beth
  10. Susan
  11. Barbara

Free Motion with Gini and Barbara: Bring at least an 18" square sandwiched fabric (light color) and dark thread to practice on. Bring your walking foot and darning foot for your machine as well.

1. Mary
  2. Andrea
  3. Nan
  4. Maddie
  5. Dianna
  6. Susan
  7. Carolyn
  8. Janis
  9. Mimi
  10. Beth

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705

LaJuan Sukochi Lee and her DH are coming to the area during our retreat. She is looking for someplace to stay. Sara, I gave her your information to friend you. I thought perhaps you might have a cabin for rent in the area or know of someplace close by. If anyone has a solution or place for them to stay, please let me know.

Is it June yet?????????????

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705

Everyone is PIF as of today. Got your check, Melody.

There will be 22 quilters for blocks. Mine are done just need to sign them. My handwriting is terrible so I was going to use embroidery but it's too big from what I could figure out so a pen it is.

1. Mary - PIF
  2. Susan & DH - PIF
  3. Beth & DH - PIF
  4. Barbara - PIF
  5. Mimi & DH - PIF
  6. Nan & Maddie - PIF
  7. Carolyn Floyd - PIF
  8. Janis Lindsey - PIF
  9. Sue D. Ohio - PIF
  10. Sabrina - PIF
  11. Andrea - PIF
  12. Juliana - PIF
  13. Kathy - PIF
  14. Dianna - PIF
  15. Diana - PIF
  16. Sharon - PIF
  17. Kathy Wray - PIF
  18. Barb Hoffman - PIF
  19. Gini - PIF
  20. Sara - Owner
  21. Melody - PIF
  22. Nana - PIF

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Mon, May 14 2012 3:52 PM

Mary:
Is it June yet?????????????

No sadly it's not but my kindergarteners are acting like it is.  Their little bodies are at school but their minds are not connected anymore.  Oh Lord give me more patience please.  And I know exactly how they feel.  I've already started to take down the decorations in the room. All I can think about is the retreat and having school end.  But "there's miles to go before I sleep......"  So I'd been get to it.  Have a great day everyone.

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 340
Melody replied on Mon, May 14 2012 9:22 PM

In addition to the eggs, I can also bring my iron and ironing board if we are in need.  I also have a humongous cutting matt that we could put on a table and if I can locate them, I also have things to put tables up on to get them to the correct height for cutting.

Let me know if you all would like me to bring or not bring whatever.  Thanks!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Wed, May 16 2012 11:29 AM

Thanks Barbara, I think I will be okay as my machine has good lighting and Mary said we might blow circuits if we have too many, so I will take my chances and just move outside if I need extra light for something,

Kathy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Wed, May 16 2012 9:56 PM

mimi, i only help out at school one day a week, half in the second grade and half in the third grade classes.  oh my, i could not be a teacher. this time of year is awful.  those kids can't concentrate on anything. 

to top it off there's a new girl in the third grade class and she is a pistol.   previous to her, all the girls were very calm and went about their business. now she has the entire third grade stirred up. add that to their combined inability to concentrate and third grade was fun today.   i'm not known as the mean gramma for nothing.  the shenanigans stopped, their work was done, and the room was, mostly, quiet, while their teacher taught reading.   i was still getting  wary looks from some of the kids at wil's soccer practice later in the afternoon.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,820
Points 248,549
Barbara replied on Wed, May 16 2012 11:19 PM

Geez, Gini ,Your no fun..LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Thu, May 17 2012 5:36 AM

Gini

I can not imagine kids being wary of you....LOL>  But good going getting them to settle down.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,820
Points 248,549
Barbara replied on Thu, May 17 2012 6:15 AM

Hi all <I'm getting so excited again we only have about 4 1/2 weeks till retreat . Are you all ready? Especially to have lots of fun. It will be so good to see Mary ,SueD,Nana,Gini Diana,again, You all better be prepared ,for tons of laughs and grimlens to show up ,LOL and of course to meet all the new folks I've not meet before , .Nan I promise we keep it clean since we have a minor in our presence .If ,you have never been to a rtereat before you are in for a treat . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,820
Points 248,549
Barbara replied on Thu, May 17 2012 6:19 AM

Gini , are you driving in to Branson with Hubby? or are you flying in. Reason I ask ,if Driving I can meet you somewhere closer and pick you up,You can stay with me for a couple of days if needed, Also we are going to be spend one night with Diana, since we can't  get into the cabin till 3pm. she already has invited us . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Thu, May 17 2012 6:29 AM

I am having a really hard time getting my blocks done.  For some reason I just can't set down and concentrate long enough to get them done. 

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,820
Points 248,549
Barbara replied on Thu, May 17 2012 6:32 AM

Nana,I know the feeling ,I just need to do some finishing up on mine the flowers are done ,The blocks just need to be made bigger , and I keep putting it off .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 1,025
Sara Wall replied on Thu, May 17 2012 11:15 AM

This message is for LaJuan. I replied to your message on Monday but haven't heard back from you. I just want to make sure you got it because sometimes in the past people have not received my messages. I'm sure it's my operator error if that's the case, but I need you to let me know the dates you and dh will be at the retreat so I can find you a cabin in the resort. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Page 27 of 56 (840 items) «Prev2526272829Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use