Smoky Mountains Retreat, June 24-30, 2012

rated by 0 users
This post has 839 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,725

Hi Mary,

I will bring a folding banquet table, my own chair and an iron.  Sorry but I don't have a design wall (yet) but if I do get one I will bring it.  I would also like to sign up for the Applique and Quilt as you go. 

Andrea

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705

Kathy:

I think my senility is beginning to show...where are you finding email addresses so you can send a note to these people?

Did you want me to add you to the starch applique class? I'm getting and count and giving it to Sara for Sherry.

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705

Applique Class:

1. Mimi
  2. Beth
  3. Nan
  4. Susan
  5. Sue D
  6. Sabrina
  7. Andrea
  8. Dianna

Diana has graciously agreed to teach a binding class and I will be the first to sign up for that!:

1. Mary

Blocks - None for Sherry, Maddie, or Sara so the number needed is 19 but you might want to round it to 20 if you have the material. It would be nice to leave one with Sara for her Lodge if she wants it. Just a thought.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705

By the way...anyone good at free motion quilting that is willing to teach us that on the machines?

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Fri, May 4 2012 11:29 AM

mary, if everyone who wants to learn free-motion quilting would bring a big, 18 inch square or so of prepared  quilt sandwich, i know there are several coming who do a good job on machine quilting.   it's more about practice, the more you do the better you get.    i would be willing to help while i'm there.  i'm not a great machine quilter, but i know the basics.

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 72
Points 1,380

Mary:

Ever notice how fast time flies when you get older...except when you are anxiously awaiting something good?

I have begun a box for things I want to bring for the "Free For All" exchange. Remember, one person's unused sewing items is another person's next project. If you aren't using it and need to declutter your sewing space, this is a great time to do it. I got templates for the DWR quilt from the VB retreat exchange.

I've also begun a "have to take it with me" bag with things like painter's tape to attach the design "walls" (aka flannel backed table cloths in my case) to the wall of the cabin's sewing room, my blocks for the block exchange, etc.

Applique Class:

1. Mimi
  2. Beth
  3. Nan
  4. Susan

Mary,      Please sign me up for the applique class,  put Carolyn on there also, if I am going to learn she is too!  lol    Janis

Janis

TN

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 340
Melody replied on Fri, May 4 2012 12:46 PM

Hi,

I'm looking for the October/Nov. 2011 issue of Quiltmaker Magazine.  Specifically, I am looking for a pattern that was in there called "Let Sleeping Dogs Lie".  Would any of you have it and could possibly scan it and send it to me or mail a copy to me?  Thanks!!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,725

WOW...so many cool classes!  Sign me up for the binding and free motion.  I am getting really excited about this retreat, can't wait.

Andrea

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Fri, May 4 2012 1:52 PM

Please sign me and Maddie up for binding class and free motion quilting.

Thanks can not wiat but have not started blocks yet, am hoping once i start it will fll into place well if not you all may be getting the pieces and will need to put it together while there. no really I think I can get 'er done.

Nan

Cleveland, TN

www.facebook.com/quiltedhugsfrommaddie

Not Ranked
Posts 21
Points 365
dkring replied on Fri, May 4 2012 4:05 PM

Binding and free motion for me too.

Dianna

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Fri, May 4 2012 5:45 PM

Thanks, Mary, but no.  I looked up the technique on the internet and I don't think it is anything I would use.

Kathy

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Fri, May 4 2012 7:04 PM

Melody:
mail a copy to me? 

Melody,  I would be glad to send you a copy of the pattern.  Just Friend me.  Then send me your address.  I just sent a pattern to another friend.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705

Applique Class:

1.  Mimi
  2. Beth
  3. Nan
  4. Susan
  5. Sue D
  6. Sabrina
  7. Andrea
  8. Dianna
  9. Janis
  10. Carolyn

Diana has graciously agreed to teach a binding class and I will be the first to sign up for that!:

1. Mary
  2. Andrea
  3. Nan
  4. Maddie
  5. Dianna

Free Motion with Gini: Bring at least an 18" square sandwiched fabric to practice on.

1. Mary
  2. Andrea
  3. Nan
  4. Maddie
  5. Dianna

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Sun, May 6 2012 12:27 PM

that fabric square for the free motion should be very  light colored and we'll use a dark thread for the quilting so you can see what you're doing.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,224
Points 16,470
Susan replied on Sun, May 6 2012 6:23 PM

Mary, I would like to sign up for the free motion quilting class. Susan

Page 23 of 56 (840 items) «Prev2122232425Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use