Smoky Mountains Retreat, June 24-30, 2012

rated by 0 users
This post has 839 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,011
Points 19,480

I'll bring my design wall.

Please sign me up for starch applique and I think I PM'd Sue about quilt as you go.

I have permission to use the PP patterns that I used in classes.  The teacher had no problems with me using her patterns.

Can hardly wait until this jury duty week is over.  So far no cases and just sitting and waiting is getting to me.

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,011
Points 19,480

Whoops!! I forgot to ask - are Sara and Sherry included in count for blocks?

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Beth Weigt:

Whoops!! I forgot to ask - are Sara and Sherry included in count for blocks?

I think if we do 22, there will be enough for both of them, if we do one for Maddie. 21 if she doesn't participate. I have 24 just to be on the safe side, but mine are fairly easy to do.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,430
Points 40,415
Mimi replied on Tue, May 1 2012 8:13 PM

Mary,

I'm always looking for new techniques.  Sign me up for both the starch applique and the quilt as you go.  I don't remember do I have to PM someone about either of these?  Sorry mommas but it's been a long day.  I had to chaperone an evening event at school and just got home.  I guess I'm a bit tired.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Ever notice how fast time flies when you get older...except when you are anxiously awaiting something good?

I have begun a box for things I want to bring for the "Free For All" exchange. Remember, one person's unused sewing items is another person's next project. If you aren't using it and need to declutter your sewing space, this is a great time to do it. I got templates for the DWR quilt from the VB retreat exchange.

I've also begun a "have to take it with me" bag with things like painter's tape to attach the design "walls" (aka flannel backed table cloths in my case) to the wall of the cabin's sewing room, my blocks for the block exchange, etc.

Applique Class:

1. Mimi
  2. Beth
  3. Nan
  4. Susan

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, May 2 2012 9:00 AM

Mary ,Just what is Starch Applique ?   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 329
Points 4,940
Sue replied on Wed, May 2 2012 12:58 PM

Sign me up for the applique class

Sue D Ohio

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 340
Melody replied on Wed, May 2 2012 2:10 PM

If anyone is interested in making a bluejean quilt, I have a really neat pattern and tons of blue jeans I could bring.  Just let me know!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, May 2 2012 2:19 PM

Mary never mind I looked it up .so I now know . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Wed, May 2 2012 6:16 PM

I am only making one set of blocks as i do not have time with maddie's charity to set her up to make her own blocks. She is happy to just work with my blocks for our retreat quilt. so there is no need to make a set of blocks for Maddie. So when you all figure the total number please do not count her.

thanks,

Nan

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Wed, May 2 2012 6:21 PM

please note: new user name is Nantenn..admin had me down for 3 names and it finally confused computer enough they had to change it. But they were not able to transfer my friends..so please friend me if i do not friend you today or tomorrow. sorry

Nan

www.facebook.com/pages/Quilted-Hugs-from-Maddie/12715161484563

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Wed, May 2 2012 11:26 PM

OOPS..I GOOFED...FACEBOOK is

www.facebook.com/pages/Quilted-Hugs-from-Maddie/127151614084563

Not Ranked
Posts 21
Points 365
dkring replied on Thu, May 3 2012 1:11 PM

I missed the info on Maddie's project and do not do facebook so would you give a brief rundown?  I was the one that asked about 2 1/2" strips.  There is something called a Jellyroll 1600 race that some quilt groups are doing.  It is taking a jellyroll and seeing who can sew the strips into a quilt the fastest.  Not sure we would want to race but it is a fast easy quilt.  I do not pay 40.00 for jellyrolls especially for kids charity quilts so thought maybe a strip exchange might work.  If anyone is good at machine binding I would be interested in them showing how they do it.  I do not want to do the glue method.  I want to do the whole binding on machine as I do alot of Linus quilts and mine is not very good.  Or if you have a gadget, tool that works would you bring it for me to try.  I do want to do the starch tech. 

Dianna  Caryville, TN

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Thu, May 3 2012 4:25 PM

You can go to her facebook page and not 'like" her(nothing personal) just read about her and you will get no emails or do not need to do facebook.

www.facebook.com/quiltedhugsfrommaddie

The short version is she is now 8 yo and she makes quilts for needy kids. She was interviewed by craftsy.com and they requested donations for her.. i now have a house full of scraps and some yardage. she was also interviewed by Chattanooga paper and our local Cleveland, TN paper. Her first donation quilt is a jelly roll quilt( we cut it inot strips with accuquilt..really quick and now big$$$ to buynow that we have machine and dies) we mix sizes from 1 1/2, 2, 2 1/2, 4, and have 5 inch on order. it is easy for her and fun to do..if you would be interested in making a quilt for her i can bring fabric and we can cut there or i can cut ahead of time for you.

I would like some help with binding while at SM retreat, i have done it the way they teach on Machine Quilting by craftsy by machine, did it twice just fine but now can not get it to help myself!!!! So maybe someone who feels very comfortable with it can sit down with me and maddie and get us a good system. I prefer not to hand sew, hate it, not good at it and have to make too many quilts to be doing it.Nothing formal, just a little help.

Sukochi is coming to help sort fabric for 2 days in mid may.. this will help me get stuff ready to bring to retreat

thanks,

nan

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 429
Points 8,695
Sabrina replied on Fri, May 4 2012 12:21 AM

Mary, sign me up for the applique class and the quilt as you go class also.

I will also be bringing a design wall and a smaller folding table that will fit in my vehicle in case we need it. 

Page 22 of 56 (840 items) «Prev2021222324Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use