Smoky Mountains Retreat, June 24-30, 2012

rated by 0 users
This post has 839 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,408
Points 40,125
Mimi replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 8:52 PM

Love the name, Mary.  Thanks for making the executive decision. 

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 9:16 PM

Mary I'm happy with the name , I guess I can watch Tv in the living room but I like it for sleep ,but no big deal . as far as the rest looks good .You have worked really hard on this and it so appericated. barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 9,355
Nan replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 11:17 PM

Mary,

You wrote that Sue and i were doing dinner on mon as requested then changed it, was this just an oversight? I am not good at cooking breakfast so I need to do more for dinner please. Maddie sleeps very sound so she will be fine, once she is out she is out!

I would like to take the class on starch applique, and also the quilt as you go with Sue..I will try to pM sue we have had trouble in the past with connecting online, we never get each others mail. I will need supply lists.

nan

Cleveland, TN

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Tue, May 1 2012 5:41 AM

Incredible work you are doing!  THANKS so much.  I can bring a 6 foot fold up table.  I love our "new" name,,great decision!  

Kathy

Kathy

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Tue, May 1 2012 5:48 AM

I think my senility is beginning to show...where are you finding email addresses so you can send a note to these people?

Kathy

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,179
Points 15,780
Susan replied on Tue, May 1 2012 10:19 AM

Mary, Count me in for the Starch Applique class. Susan

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Nan:

Mary,

You wrote that Sue and i were doing dinner on mon as requested then changed it, was this just an oversight? I am not good at cooking breakfast so I need to do more for dinner please. Maddie sleeps very sound so she will be fine, once she is out she is out!

I would like to take the class on starch applique, and also the quilt as you go with Sue..I will try to pM sue we have had trouble in the past with connecting online, we never get each others mail. I will need supply lists.

nan

Cleveland, TN

Yes, it was an oversight which I will correct momentarily. Trying to please everyone is taxing on my old brain. lol

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Meal Assignments have been changed a bit. 

Barbara and Kathy will be in the only bedroom on this floor. There is no TV in there but there is in the livingroom.

Rooms begin with #1 being bottom second from left (1 bed for 2 people) and goes clockwise:

1 - Mimi & DH

2 - Maddie, Nan

3 - Kathy Wray, Barb Hoffman, Janice, Carolyn, Diana

4 - Sharon, Dianna, Melody, Nana (possibly), Gini (1-2 nights)

5 - Andrea, Sabrina, Juliana, Sue, Mary

6 - Susan & DH

7 - Beth & DH

Schedule:

Leaving it loose. That worked well at VB and folks who were willing to teach a technique or class just announced when and where. Those interested went for it. The bold items are pretty much set as Theresa is coming Monday to teach anyone interested in knitting, shop hop has been arranged with shops and Titanic seems to be the attraction everyone wants to see. I know in VB, we put our quilting machines and supplies in our cars early Friday afternoon so we could be out on time Saturday. That left us with little to do but hand work so I figured it would be a good time to go out for an attraction and dinner, if you all want.

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Breakfast – Room 3

Breakfast – Kathy

Breakfast – Room 7

Breakfast–    Kathy

Breakfast – Room 6 & Mary

10am - Shop hop

Pack up & Check out by 10 am

Knit class

Arrive after 3 pm

Settling in day

Titanic Visit

BBQ hosted by Mary & DH & Sara

Dinner – Room 2 & Sue

Dinner – Room 4

Dinner – Room 5

Dinner – Room 1

Dinner - Out? Theater? In?

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Kathy:

I think my senility is beginning to show...where are you finding email addresses so you can send a note to these people?

You can friend them in QCA and pm them. As for email, unless they post it in the discussion, you'd have to ask for it. If you want to do the applique, just respond through the list. Quilt as you go doesn't require a count, Sue said. She will have at least one pupil...me. :D

Applique class so far:

Nan

Susan

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Meals can be provided by cooking, ordering pizzas, or paying Sara to provide the meal. I believe she charges $6.00 per person for breakfast and $12.00 per person for dinner. It's up to the folks assigned to the meal. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Another thing we could use would be design walls. I'm bringing mine, which is a flannel backed plastic table cloth. I will bring paint tape to put them on the walls so as to not leave any marks. If you have large pieces of flannel or a flannel backed table cloth, feel free to bring it.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Tue, May 1 2012 12:22 PM

Mary I will bring my flannel for design wall as well . I don't have any long tables and couln't bring if i did as they won't fit in my car ..Barbara I can hardly wait ,,Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,179
Points 15,780
Susan replied on Tue, May 1 2012 4:05 PM

Mary, I will bring a 8' table, extension cords, Iron and ironing mat.I have an extra Singer Confidence Sewing machine if anyone is interested. What else do we need?  Susan

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Susan :

Mary, I will bring a 8' table, extension cords, Iron and ironing mat.I have an extra Singer Confidence Sewing machine if anyone is interested. What else do we need?  Susan

You all are great! Thanks Susan...if you have a design wall aka flannel, feel free to bring it. Plenty of wall space for design walls, if i remember correctly.

Thanks Barbara...bring that neat pop up iron too, if you don't mind. :D

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Tue, May 1 2012 5:47 PM

Mary I had planned to ,, Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 21 of 56 (840 items) «Prev1920212223Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use